Our First Mother/Daughter Trip ❤️

mcbj

I want to work at WDW
D37398AC-DADE-47E0-A391-E9E8624FBB5B.jpeg Just realized we leave three months from today! We haven’t been to WDW since 2014. But had a wonderful trip to Disneyland to celebrate my 50th last July! What better place to mark half a decade than the Happiest Place on Earth! It was such a great trip, gave me the itch to go back to WDW, then free dining came out and we’re on our way! DH and DS weren’t quite ready for another Disney trip, so it’s just us girls!

172FE49C-945A-461B-8084-8387CBD44513.jpeg So I’m Carol and my daughter is Jackie, she’s 15. When the dining offer came out i researched for about three weeks, it worked out that the least expensive week was the week of July 13, my birthday is July 16th, so Bonus, I get to spend another birthday at Disney! We were looking at the moderate resorts and although we really liked Caribbean Beach from our last trip, we selected Coronado Springs! Jackie has never stayed there and has stayed at all the other moderates, so that helped in our decision! All in with Memory Maker and we upgraded from the quick service to the middle dining plan we are right at $2,900 for six nights. This was about what we spent last summer at DL for room and tickets for four, so it seemed like a good deal to me, I also liked that the free dining offer included park hoppers, love having that freedom!

I really liked the sence of spontaneity at DL, fast passes are readily available and can’t be booked until the day of your visit so it is a lot less stressful and easier to plan than a WDW trip. But it is what it is, so I’m in planning mode and have developed a loose itinerary. I can book our FP on 5/14, so some of this may change and I’ve got some back up dining if I need to change things up.

Saturday July 13th
*Arrive about 2:00
*Lunch at Coronado Springs
*Magic Kingdom - We always like to start and end our trips there!

Sunday July 14th
*Rope Drop Extra Magic Hours at Hollywood Studios — We have never done rope drop, ever! We aren’t morning people, normally get to the park about 10:30 or so, but I am a bit stressed about not being able to get a FP fro Slinky Dog, so this is our contingency...if we get it, we will probably still do RD so we can try to ride it a couple times.
*Afternoon Swim or Nap at Resort
* Storybook Dinner at Wilderness Lodge
* Disney Springs

Monday July 15th
* Rope Drop Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom pending our ability to get a Flight of Passage Fast Pass
* Late Lunch (3:00 ADR) 50s Prime Time
* Hollywood Studios
* Dinner or just Ice Cream at Beaches and Cream (8:00 ADR)

Tuesday July 16th My Birthday
* Morning at Epcot
* Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian (1:00 ADR)
* Afternoon at Magic Kingdom
* Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (5:30 ADR)
* Magic Kingdom
* Dessert and watch Fireworks at California Grill (9:30 ADR)

Wednesday July 17th
* Animal Kingdom
* Afternoon Swim at Resort
* Dinner at Pizzafari (5:30 Family Style ADR)
* Animal Kingdom

Thursday July 18th
* Morning at Hollywood Studios
* Afternoon at Epcot
* Dinner at Le Cellier (6:00 ADR)
* Evening at Epcot

Friday July 19
* Morning at Epcot
* Late Lunch at Be Our Guest (1:30 ADR)
* Afternoon at Magic Kingdom
* Late Flight Home (8:30)

Last edited:

Joining in on the trip planning fun. Can't wait to see how your Mother/Daughter trip goes. Me and my daughter are planning on going on a Mother/Daughter trip next year and she will be turning 15 next year.
Can't wait to read more!!

Your plans sound so fun! I'm going with my 6 year old on a mom/daughter trip tomorrow and I hope she'll still go with me at 15! We are RDing SDD and I have the same concerns about the early morning...and we're doing Storybook Dining too. I'll report back!

Joining in on the trip planning fun. Can't wait to see how your Mother/Daughter trip goes. Me and my daughter are planning on going on a Mother/Daughter trip next year and she will be turning 15 next year.
Can't wait to read more!!
Thanks for joining in! My daughter still loves Disney and is as excited as I am! We’re even doing the three princess meals, I love that Disney extends their childhood a bit!

Your plans sound so fun! I'm going with my 6 year old on a mom/daughter trip tomorrow and I hope she'll still go with me at 15! We are RDing SDD and I have the same concerns about the early morning...and we're doing Storybook Dining too. I'll report back!
Thanks! I’m sure she will! I will be very interested in hearing your experience! I’ve heard mixed reviews about Storybook but we will keep it regardless, I love the Wilderness Lodge, it will be nice to go back there for a visit and it’s early in our trip so if it doesn’t live up, we’ll have plenty of other meals! Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
I did London, Paris, and Oxford when my daughter spent a term at Oxford her senior year of college. It was my dream Mother/Daughter trip!

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming WDW trip!

Dawn

Joining in! I would love to be able to do a mother-daughter trip with my mom but she's not into Disney at all! Not sure where my sister and I came from haha

Coronado Springs is my favorite resort!

I just did our FPs for June and wasn't able to get Slinky for the 3rd day of our trip so you may have trouble on your second day but you should have no problem on your second HS day!

How fun, I travel with my daughter every year, we have a great time! We have been doing this since she was 10 and she is 19 now and still loves our trips together!

Your mother daughter trip sounds so fun! I hope you guys have an amazing time. I have three boys, so it’s not in the cards for me, but I loved mother daughter trips with my mom when I was a teen.

I'm back!

Not much was happening with our Disney trip planning waiting for our Fastpass day...

But my daughter and I went on a cruise for her spring break, it was just the two of us for this trip as well, my son has a different spring break than my daughter and went on a ski trip with some friends, hubby started a new job, so two girls trips in one year! I love cruising, it an Disney are my two favorite vacations and I get to do both this year! We had a great time we went to four relaxing beachy spots, great trip!

View attachment 401141

So I got back, caught up on work and this Tuesday was our Fastpass day! I am pinching myself, it went so well! We got Flight of Passage for the 17th (day 5) and Slinky Dog for the 18th (day 6). All of the others fell into place perfectly! All one after another and done by noon so we can get others. We tweaked the dining times a bit and still are, but everything is falling into place. I am so excited! :)

An another note, we had a change in our arrival flight time. Originally we were flying into Tampa and landing a noon, we are flying on points from my Frontier credit card and the flight was 10,000 points each. Flights into MCO were 20,000 points, so it made sense to fly there and uber to the resort. But not sure if any of you know this, but this is the third time it has happened to me, if the airline changes the time of your flight you can change your flight to another flight for no change fee. So the flight changed by about 7 minutes, but I called and changed to the MCO flight and we now land at 9:25, so we get about 3 extra hours in the park and save $100 uber. I am not sure if this is the case for all airlines, but it has happened to me twice on Frontier and once on Southwest within the past year.

Now that we are arriving early we are thinking of going over to Animal Kingdom at the end of the day and trying to get on FOP. I have heard if you get in line at 8:59 as long as you are in line before closing you can ride and the lines aren't too bad. Thoughts? Has anyone done this? As I mentioned we are not morning people, so this strategy is more our style than getting up for rope drop.

Next step in my planning is looking for a couple shirts for our character dinner at Artist Point. Thinking of Snow White for my daughter and Evil Queen for me. We aren't huge into matching shirts, but we do it one or two days and thought that might be a good day to do it. We do like to color coordinate, I am an interior designer, so I like for us to be coordinated in pictures its just a thing I like to do, if you notice on the cruise picture we both went with black and white and for the picture at the top of this thread with Edna we both went with blue. I am going to wear that same shirt to our dinner at 1900 Park Fare to coordinate with Cinderella! We did find these shirts at H&M, which I think we are going to wear on the first day. I said I'm not too particular, but maybe I am! LOL
View attachment 401147

So that's it for now, just basking in the glow of a successful Fastpass morning and working on shirts.

Thanks for following along!

Would love to hear how your mother/daughter trip went and how you liked Coronado Springs with the new additions! Will you do a trip report?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter