Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

Ok I am totally obsessed with your outfits--so so cute!! I can't believe it's August and time for your trip already! Hopefully your Epcot shirt will come in soon! Enjoy the last week of magical preparations!!! :D

Ok I am totally obsessed with your outfits--so so cute!! I can't believe it's August and time for your trip already! Hopefully your Epcot shirt will come in soon! Enjoy the last week of magical preparations!!! :D

Thank you so so much!!! We are really excited!!! The shirt should be here soon, hopefully! USPS says it'll be here tonight, but I think it'll probably be tomorrow since it left our regional facility, but hasn't arrived at our local post office yet :sad2: I'll really try to enjoy this last week!!!

We stop for breakfast and lunch, then drive until we get to Kingsland, GA.

We drive too but taking I-77 down to I-95. The last few times down we have stopped at Kingsland. It is a great area. We stay at County Inn and Suites and love it.

We typically leave around 4am on a Friday and stop at about 6pm and leave around 6 in the morning. DH then tries to drive the whole way back with out stopping for the night. Last summer I was finally able to get him to stop around VA/WVA boarder.

Have a great Trip!

We drive too but taking I-77 down to I-95. The last few times down we have stopped at Kingsland. It is a great area. We stay at County Inn and Suites and love it.

We typically leave around 4am on a Friday and stop at about 6pm and leave around 6 in the morning. DH then tries to drive the whole way back with out stopping for the night. Last summer I was finally able to get him to stop around VA/WVA boarder.

Have a great Trip!

We love Kingsland! We looked at County Inn and Suites for this trip, but chose a different hotel.

We normally stop around there, too!

Thank you so very much, I appreciate it!

Lightning Round: August 2019 Souvenir Bucket List
T-Minus 4 days until we leave, and T-Minus 6 days until DISNEY!

source.gif

Now we're really starting to get amped for Disney. We've started taking Emergen-C in the morning to help boost our immune system, and we're going on nightly walks around the high school track to get us used to walking. Mom, Grace, and I got our eyebrows done last night.

An update on my Epcot shirt: USPS said it was going to be here tonight and they were shockingly incorrect. Yesterday, it arrived at our normal regional facility-- which is great, because when it's there, it'll normally get to us by the next day! But then, today, for some reason it arrived at ANOTHER regional facility in NJ. :sad2: Fingers crossed it will get to me tomorrow. Once I have it, I can finally zip up my suitcase for good!

I did my snack bucket list a while back, but I never did my bucket list for souvenirs this trip! I'm going to do this really quickly and without pictures:

-Briar Rose Gold Crocs. Okay,
this photo surfaced last week of rose gold glitter Crocs at Disneyland and I NEED them! I hope they'll be at The World next week, because these are #1 on my list!
-Little Green Alien Popcorn Bucket. These were sold out property-wide on my last trip, and my life's MISSION is to grab one this week.
-Donut Minnie Mouse Ear Headband. To match the shirt that will hopefully be worn to Epcot!
-Castle Pandora Charm. Now that I have my Pandora bracelet, I need the Cinderella's Castle charm for it!
-Fantasyland Windbreaker. I love
these windbreakers that Disney released a little while ago! I think I would absolutely rock the Fantasyland one, but the Animal Kingdom one is cool, too!
-Moonlight Magic T-Shirt.
-MNSSHP Merchandise. MNSSHP always has the BEST t-shirts, so I can't wait to pick one up! If the pins are cool this year, I'll try to snag one of them, too.

Sis, we better be twinning with that Fantasyland windbreaker for when we hang out or this trip was for naught.

Sis, we better be twinning with that Fantasyland windbreaker for when we hang out or this trip was for naught.

Omg, could you imagine??? Maybe that will be what I buy from DHS that day!

This worked, thank you!!!!

Love that list!!

Thank you very much!!!

Love your souvenir list!! The windbreakers are so cute! I also can't wait to see what the MNSSHP merch is like!

The windbreakers are adorable and I *THINK* we're gearing up to get a preview for MNSSHP merch and treats today or tomorrow!!! Please let us know how the first party goes!!!

OK I haven't finished reading but I need to comment on COMFORT COLORS! they are the absolute best, anytime a bar/place has a shirt design on a comfort colors shirt I MUST PURCHASE it...

OK I haven't finished reading but I need to comment on COMFORT COLORS! they are the absolute best, anytime a bar/place has a shirt design on a comfort colors shirt I MUST PURCHASE it...

YES!!! I agree 100%!!! I am at least 200x more likely to buy a shirt if it's Comfort Colors! I am so glad I'm not alone!!!

Shirt Update & MNSSHP Snacks!
Okay, so the saga is over: my shirt is here! I've tried it on and couldn't be more excited about it! I really thought it was going to be lost on me, since it went to a USPS facility I've never heard of and then disappeared from the tracker for about a day, but it appeared in my mailbox this afternoon!

This is Donut PLMouse from Pretty Little Monograms. As usual, I'm thrilled with the embroidery and vinyl monogram. I could have sworn this was advertised as a Comfort Colors tank, but it ended up being Port & Company, which is not a big deal, but the color of the tank is just a little different than what it looked like online. I really like the monogram, which is a white glittery vinyl-- a nice touch! In all, I'm obsessed with this shirt and can't wait for our Epcot day!

EB4xKOWX4AoFlUi

So, today was a very exciting day-- someone from the MNSSHP 2019 thread leaked the list of party treats this year with photos! I will link that post here.

There are a lot of great looking treats on there! Above everything, I'm SO happy that the donuts, apple cider, and caramel pretzel are returning to Frontierland! Most of the new stuff looks great, too. Dad insists that he has to try Constance's For Better or For Worse Wedding Cake, and Grace has her eye on the Amuck, Amuck, Amuck Cupcake. I really want to try the Pumpkin Spice Milkshake! I'm a total Pumpkin Spice fan. I was excited to see this milkshake return in some form, because I've been almost certain it was going to be on the chopping block for this year! When I went to the parks in November, I tried the cookie butter version of this shake, and I thought it was just "okay." But with that Halloween-themed straw and those candy pumpkins garnishing the drink, how could you say NO to this? The waffle sundae this year looks awesome, too!

I'm honestly so lit for MNSSHP all of a sudden. Maybe it's all the Halloween stuff that the Parks just dropped, or the fact that the pumpkins are up on Main St, or the preview of the new Fireworks show that Disney released this week, but now I'm fully in the Halloween spirit and ready to get spooky (or not-so-spooky) at my favorite place on earth!

5 days until we arrive, 3 until we leave!

Yay! Glad the shirt finally got there. It's always nerve wracking when something you are specifically waiting for goes on a crazy USPS journey.

I'm getting super psyched for MNSSHP, too. It was the whole reason we booked an August trip to begin with, and it's so close! I can't wait for the actual reports back from the first party once character locations and start times are confirmed.

I love your merch and snack lists! So I must be old and un-cool but I didn’t realize until recently that crocs are cool. When they first came out (or at least my first memory of them) from the early 00s was that they were kind of dorky and were for moms. My two nieces, who are 12 and 14, recently told me that crocs are now cool, specifically white crocs. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks for linking the post with the MNSSHP snack list! I’m happy to see a few gluten friendly items!

That shirt is so cute! Glad it showed up in time.

The MNSSHP treats look so good! Now we just need the merch info to come out...

I was so excited to see the snack list for MNSSHP pop up! Those all sound like great choices! I'm really struggling with what DH and I will try at this party versus our September one!

Yay! Glad the shirt finally got there. It's always nerve wracking when something you are specifically waiting for goes on a crazy USPS journey.

Yes!! USPS makes me extremely nervous sometimes!!

I'm getting super psyched for MNSSHP, too. It was the whole reason we booked an August trip to begin with, and it's so close! I can't wait for the actual reports back from the first party once character locations and start times are confirmed.

That's why we chose August, too! It's so close!!! Definitely going to be keeping a close eye on social media this Friday to see who's out where, what time they start meeting, and what the merch looks like!

I love your merch and snack lists! So I must be old and un-cool but I didn’t realize until recently that crocs are cool. When they first came out (or at least my first memory of them) from the early 00s was that they were kind of dorky and were for moms. My two nieces, who are 12 and 14, recently told me that crocs are now cool, specifically white crocs. 🤷‍♀️

Yes! Crocs are now "stylish" lol. I have a baby pink pair, but those white ones are super trendy right now!

Thanks for linking the post with the MNSSHP snack list! I’m happy to see a few gluten friendly items!

My pleasure!!!

That shirt is so cute! Glad it showed up in time.

Thank you so much!! I'm glad, too!

The MNSSHP treats look so good! Now we just need the merch info to come out...

This exactly! I can't wait to see what the pins and shirts look like this year!

WOW! I love that tank so much!!!!! and the snacksss... I'll be over here drooling until Oct 27th!

Thank you so very much!! I'm SO pumped for MNSSHP snacks!!!

I was so excited to see the snack list for MNSSHP pop up! Those all sound like great choices! I'm really struggling with what DH and I will try at this party versus our September one!

YES!!! Best notification I've gotten on the DIS all year!!! Everything looks so amazing, I don't know what to try first!!!

Okay, so the saga is over: my shirt is here! I've tried it on and couldn't be more excited about it! I really thought it was going to be lost on me, since it went to a USPS facility I've never heard of and then disappeared from the tracker for about a day, but it appeared in my mailbox this afternoon!
It just needed to go on its own adventure before joining you for yours.

So, today was a very exciting day-- someone from the MNSSHP 2019 thread leaked the list of party treats this year with photos! I will link that post here.
Alright that all looks amazing! Although it's interesting that they described the better or worse cake as 'citrus scented'? So it just smells like citrus but doesn't taste like it? But the Amuck Amuck Amuck cupcake looks sooo good and it's interesting that the Mickey Waffles are black chocolate this year! It all sounds so delicious.

It just needed to go on its own adventure before joining you for yours.

Alright that all looks amazing! Although it's interesting that they described the better or worse cake as 'citrus scented'? So it just smells like citrus but doesn't taste like it? But the Amuck Amuck Amuck cupcake looks sooo good and it's interesting that the Mickey Waffles are black chocolate this year! It all sounds so delicious.

A tank top goes rogue on it's USPS transport through a journey of self-discovery before finding it's way home... honestly, could be the plot of the next Pixar film!

I didn't even realize they used the word "scented" as opposed to "flavored" until you pointed it out! I really hope that's an editing mistake because... yikes? :scared: Amuck Amuck Amuck is high on Grace's list for the year. I saw that some location in Disney Springs (maybe Vivoli il Gelato?) had a brownie waffle sundae this month, so I was REALLY hoping those dark Mickey waffles would be brownie batter instead of just chocolate waffles, but it's an amazing-looking sundae regardless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter