Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

oh GIRL now we're talking. My life won't be complete until there are brownie batter mickey waffles in it.

We made homemade ones in our 90th anniversary mickey waffle iron a little while ago and they were amazing. You know how the corners have that nice, chewy texture to them? So imagine that but it's EVERY bite of your brownie. That's what that was, and it was glorious, and I don't know why Disney isn't capitalizing on it right now.

We made homemade ones in our 90th anniversary mickey waffle iron a little while ago and they were amazing. You know how the corners have that nice, chewy texture to them? So imagine that but it's EVERY bite of your brownie. That's what that was, and it was glorious, and I don't know why Disney isn't capitalizing on it right now.
Any chance you want to share what recipe you used? Because I'm actually slobbering right now that sounds so good.

Any chance you want to share what recipe you used? Because I'm actually slobbering right now that sounds so good.

We just used the Betty Crocker fudge brownie box mix, although I do love this brownie recipe when I make them from scratch! We set the temperature a little lower on our waffle iron, too, because it's better to let them cook a little longer than to let them get charred from the high temps.

Oooh, that waffle sundae looks awesome! I was too wiped at the only MNSSHP I went to, to be able to try the one offered then! And the wedding cake looks soooo cute!

Oooh, that waffle sundae looks awesome! I was too wiped at the only MNSSHP I went to, to be able to try the one offered then! And the wedding cake looks soooo cute!

I love the way the dark waffles look against that orange gelato!!! The wedding cake is another one of my favs this year, it looks so adorable!!!

I thought I commented this already but I guess it was just in my head lol but I LOVE all of the outfits you posted! I can't wait to see the pictures!!

There's always some dispute in my family between which day we actually "count down" to.

:rotfl: :rotfl: I love this because I also always struggle on when to count down to lol

Glossier is a new-ish brand of makeup that's all about helping people achieve a "natural" makeup look, so their products are relatively light and not as heavy as regular makeup,

Oo please share how you like the products! I know just about nothing about makeup but still try to make it look good on my face :rotfl:

Ugh seeing all the MNSSHP stuff drop has me ready for Halloween now. We have a Halloween tree and I'm trying to convince Mike to let me put it up tomorrow to celebrate the first MNSSHP.

I thought I commented this already but I guess it was just in my head lol but I LOVE all of the outfits you posted! I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Thank you so, so much!!! I'm really excited to wear them!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: I love this because I also always struggle on when to count down to lol

It is SUCH a struggle!!!

Oo please share how you like the products! I know just about nothing about makeup but still try to make it look good on my face :rotfl:

I really like them from my test run so far. I also know very little about makeup and I hate applying it-- everything I got from Glossier was super easy to apply and looked good!

Ugh seeing all the MNSSHP stuff drop has me ready for Halloween now. We have a Halloween tree and I'm trying to convince Mike to let me put it up tomorrow to celebrate the first MNSSHP.

Halloween starts tomorrow with the start of MNSSHP, therefore, your tree definitely should go up tomorrow!

We Leave TOMORROW!
Well, this snuck up on us. My last paycheck came in today, dad is home from work for the last time, mom is driving home as we speak, and tomorrow night, we leave for Walt Disney World!

Right now, I'm "watching" the WDW Today Resort TV channel on YouTube while I update. I just checked my email to see that 8/22 Moonlight Magic guests had been given our "bunch-o-information" email, where they tell us everything we need to know about checking in for the event, using our food vouchers, buying merchandise, etc.

I normally get some degree of "pre-Disney-trip-anxiety" the day before we leave, and today it was pretty bad in the morning. Does anyone else get like MAJOR anxiety before they go on Disney trips? I think it's especially bad for me this year because we have so much planned which means there's more that can go wrong? The stakes are somehow extremely high because of Moonlight Magic and MNSSHP? My family is very much in the camp of, "oh we don't really care what we do, we're just happy to be there," but as the planner of the family, I think I get anxiety about plans going majorly awry which is what makes me super anxious when I should be buzzing with excitement.

Anyway. I combatted those feelings by packing for about two hours. That seemed to help a lot! I was able to pack the rest of my toiletries, my park bag, I got my technology bag in order, and I FINALLY zipped up my suitcase! I even got all my jewelry and hair accessories together, which is always the bane of my existence to organize and find space for. This means I'm basically officially packed! So exciting!

Right now, we're getting Roxie's bag together so that she can go to Best Friends tomorrow. She totally knows what's going on, and she's freaking out. She knows exactly what it means when we bring our suitcases downstairs! She is extremely excited to see her friends at "puppy camp" and get a nice spa day at the end of the week.

This brings us to the end of my formal "updates" for this PTR! As some of you might remember, because we leave tomorrow night, I consider everything from the moment I wake up tomorrow onward part of "TR territory!" I could not be any more excited to return to my happy place this year!!! I'll post a formal conclusion tomorrow shortly before we leave
:hyper:

Ahhh so exciting! You are so super organized. I pretty much throw my stuff in zip loc bags then make my husband put it in the suitcase!
I get really bad anxiety, too. I mean I am an anxious person in general but travel makes me extra anxious which is partially why I take Dramamine and sleep 90% of the time.
Safe travels and have a blast!

Ahhh so exciting! You are so super organized. I pretty much throw my stuff in zip loc bags then make my husband put it in the suitcase!
I get really bad anxiety, too. I mean I am an anxious person in general but travel makes me extra anxious which is partially why I take Dramamine and sleep 90% of the time.
Safe travels and have a blast!

Thank you so much!! I made it my New Year's Resolution LAST year to get organized, and my organization mission has somehow stuck with me!!!

:hug: Thank you so much for being here with me! You are such a kind person, I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other and follow each other along on our PTRs!

Safe travels !

I know what you mean about feeling pressure when you are the trip planner . I read reviews and blogs etc. - watch videos - check every website I can in hopes of making everyone happy . Last week we went to Lake Tahoe and most of the things we did ( hiking - water sports ) didn’t require any advanced planning - it was so weird for me to now have something scheduled every day. So not like my Disney planning . In a way it was freeing but in another way I worried about what we would do since I didn’t have a plan ! Crazy - I know .

Hope have a magical trip

Safe travels !

I know what you mean about feeling pressure when you are the trip planner . I read reviews and blogs etc. - watch videos - check every website I can in hopes of making everyone happy . Last week we went to Lake Tahoe and most of the things we did ( hiking - water sports ) didn’t require any advanced planning - it was so weird for me to now have something scheduled every day. So not like my Disney planning . In a way it was freeing but in another way I worried about what we would do since I didn’t have a plan ! Crazy - I know .

Hope have a magical trip

Thank you so very much!

Our last non-Disney trip was to the Outer Banks back in 2016 and I remember feeling exactly like that! I was so worried we were going to be bored without any FP+ or ADRs! It's a whole world away from planning for WDW.

I appreciate the kind words!

Have so much fun!!!!

Thank you so, so much!

IT'S TODAY!!!
happy snow white.gif

Have an amazing trip! I will, of course, be following every moment on Insta, waiting to see those fire outfits come to LIFE and wishing I was there every second of the way!

I just checked my email to see that 8/22 Moonlight Magic guests had been given our "bunch-o-information" email
So excited to hear your take on this. I really hope we get to do one eventually!

but as the planner of the family, I think I get anxiety about plans going majorly awry which is what makes me super anxious when I should be buzzing with excitement
Oh girl I relate to this SO HARD, and there's usually only two of us on my trips! I feel like the non-planners say things like "we're just happy to be here" but then when stuff hits the fan they're looking at you, the one who spent literal HOURS crafting the *perfect* plan, with some salty side eye like it's your fault it rained or something.

She knows exactly what it means when we bring our suitcases downstairs!
Our cat has the same instinct. Our dog I think is too dumb, but the cat definitely catches on and gets very vocal about it.

Have a safe trip! It's been raining every day this past week down here so I hope it doesn't put a damper on your road trip! And enjoy the trip!

Yay! Have a great time!!!!!

Don't get yourself worked up too much: I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Thank you so, so much!!!

Safe travels! I'll be watching for your conclusion and then your TR! Relax and enjoy!

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

IT'S TODAY!!!
happy snow white.gif

Have an amazing trip! I will, of course, be following every moment on Insta, waiting to see those fire outfits come to LIFE and wishing I was there every second of the way!

IT'S TODAY!!!! Thank you so much for your amazing positive vibes!!!!

So excited to hear your take on this. I really hope we get to do one eventually!

We're really excited to go! I will tell you everything about it!!!

Oh girl I relate to this SO HARD, and there's usually only two of us on my trips! I feel like the non-planners say things like "we're just happy to be here" but then when stuff hits the fan they're looking at you, the one who spent literal HOURS crafting the *perfect* plan, with some salty side eye like it's your fault it rained or something.

source.gif

THIS. Or they decide not to follow the perfectly crafted plan at all, and end up having a bad day because they waited 90 minutes for Splash instead of using their FP+ for BTMRR first. "We're just happy to be here" until it's storming on a crowd level 9 day.

Our cat has the same instinct. Our dog I think is too dumb, but the cat definitely catches on and gets very vocal about it.

Yeah, Roxie is freaking out right now. She's upstairs right now because our cleaning company is going to be here soon, and she's currently running around in circles... she knows as soon as mom comes home from her hair appointment, she's going to Best Friends.

Have a safe trip! It's been raining every day this past week down here so I hope it doesn't put a damper on your road trip! And enjoy the trip!

Thank you so very much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!