Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

THIS. Or they decide not to follow the perfectly crafted plan at all, and end up having a bad day because they waited 90 minutes for Splash instead of using their FP+ for BTMRR first. "We're just happy to be here" until it's storming on a crowd level 9 day.
truth.gif

THIS. Or they decide not to follow the perfectly crafted plan at all, and end up having a bad day because they waited 90 minutes for Splash instead of using their FP+ for BTMRR first. "We're just happy to be here" until it's storming on a crowd level 9 day.

Okay so glad this doesn't just happen to me when I go with my family! 🤣426195
One time I went with my ENTIRE family and my nephew kept complaining on wanting to go on SDMT but I kept saying no lets wait until it's not a 90 minute wait to which my brother said I doubt it's that long it never usually is. Waited probably a good 2 hours and which afterwards they complained about not accomplishing anything at MK. Like yeah because you just had to go rouge.

giphy.gif

Okay so glad this doesn't just happen to me when I go with my family! 🤣View attachment 426195
One time I went with my ENTIRE family and my nephew kept complaining on wanting to go on SDMT but I kept saying no lets wait until it's not a 90 minute wait to which my brother said I doubt it's that long it never usually is. Waited probably a good 2 hours and which afterwards they complained about not accomplishing anything at MK. Like yeah because you just had to go rouge.

Yep! Our Thanksgiving morning was a DISASTER of running around in circles at Magic last year because my family decided to go rogue. It's okay though, because we understand each other here on the Boards!

Okay, so the saga is over: my shirt is here!
Finally!
I'm honestly so lit for MNSSHP all of a sudden. Maybe it's all the Halloween stuff that the Parks just dropped, or the fact that the pumpkins are up on Main St, or the preview of the new Fireworks show that Disney released this week, but now I'm fully in the Halloween spirit and ready to get spooky (or not-so-spooky) at my favorite place on earth!
::yes:: It's starting to look like fall... even though it is August. Gotta say, I have a hard time getting into the fall mindset quite yet, but the decorations and the snacks do help the mood!
Does anyone else get like MAJOR anxiety before they go on Disney trips? I
No... more like the night before check out.
The stakes are somehow extremely high because of Moonlight Magic and MNSSHP? My family is very much in the camp of, "oh we don't really care what we do, we're just happy to be there," but as the planner of the family, I think I get anxiety about plans going majorly awry which is what makes me super anxious when I should be buzzing with excitement.
Ok, I get that. I guess I help the anxiety by having an outline of what we plan to do. The only time that really makes me anxious is when I plan to do Peter Pan at rope drop and find a 35 minute wait. Or Test Track at rope drop and it is closed. But it doesn't bother me much beforehand.

I hope you have a great trip!!!!

Have a great trip!

Thank you so much!

You said it!

::yes:: It's starting to look like fall... even though it is August. Gotta say, I have a hard time getting into the fall mindset quite yet, but the decorations and the snacks do help the mood!

That's how I feel! I'm usually the first person to be ready for fall in my household, but even I wasn't "feeling it" this year until Disney dropped all those party snack and merchandise pics! Everything they put out for Halloween looks awesome this year!

No... more like the night before check out.

That too! The worst feeling in the world!

Ok, I get that. I guess I help the anxiety by having an outline of what we plan to do. The only time that really makes me anxious is when I plan to do Peter Pan at rope drop and find a 35 minute wait. Or Test Track at rope drop and it is closed. But it doesn't bother me much beforehand.

I hope you have a great trip!!!!

Thank you so much!

*** CONCLUSION ***
Alright, one and all! It is 7:00 here in NJ, which means we are just about 4.5 hours away from starting our yearly journey to Disney! What an exciting past few months I've had here on the DIS! The last few hours at home always feel very "enchanted." Like we're home but we're not really home because all we can think about is being on the road to Disney. I've been following the August 2019 thread non-stop today and every once in a while, I'll see a picture of what's happening in Disney and my gut will get all fuzzy thinking about how soon I'll be there. TL;DR- I'm extremely ready to hit the road. Well, after I take a shower and wrap up the rest of my toiletry bag.

Last year, I said I wasn't sure if I would do a PTR for this trip. I wasn't happy with how little I kept my PTR for 2018 updated, but now that whole trip feels less like a real vacation and more like a week-long fever dream my family collectively had. But I'm glad I made a PTR for this trip, because I really loved this PTR! Granted, this was a very exciting trip to plan for. We are planning around two hard ticket events, and our two first ever hard ticket events at that! In general, we are very excited for what's in store for us this week. More excited than I think we've ever been to go to Disney, which is crazy! I was worried that once we became DVC, the excitement of going to Disney would fade away, but I think we've only gotten more and more excited in the past two years.

As I was saying, I really loved this PTR, and I really loved getting to know other members of DISboards because of it. This summer has felt very isolating for me. I really only have two friends in my hometown that I hang out with, and one of them was in Maryland all summer at a new job (that I'm super proud of her for!!!) So I really appreciate anyone and everyone who took the time out of their day to reach out with a comment, even if just to say they were following along. The DIS is an amazing community in general, but I really love the Trip Report board 'Ohana! Everyone I've met through this board has been among the most supportive and loving individuals I've ever encountered in my entire life. Thank you guys so much not only for following on my planning & reporting experiences, but for sharing your own plans and reports here for the rest of us to follow.

Dad wakes up earlier and earlier every year to start this drive down, so I'm going to take a shower now to make sure I'll be fully ready to leave whenever he decides to drive us to Florida.

With that being said,
this PTR has officially concluded! I will see you all on the "Disney Trip Reports" board soon!

tumblr_o3g5lw4PI31u6l4wto1_250.gif

THE END

You did an awesome job on the ptr and planning everything. What you said about this little community is spot on. Great people who are wonderful sources of information to bounce ideas off of and just good friendly people. Have a great trip and I can't wait to read all about it!

You did an awesome job on the ptr and planning everything. What you said about this little community is spot on. Great people who are wonderful sources of information to bounce ideas off of and just good friendly people. Have a great trip and I can't wait to read all about it!

Thank you so very much for the kind words, they mean so much to me. We've just unpacked and are decompressing from a completely amazing morning at Magic Kingdom-- trip is going great so far!

Have an amazing trip!!!
5 days for me... can’t come soon enough

Thank you so much, we're chilling in the room for a little while and things are going great so far!

Crowds are looking good today and for this week, hurry up and join us!!! Can't wait until you're here too!

Have the most magical trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! :D

Thank you so much Lindsey!! The trip is going great so far, can't wait to tell you all about it!!!

Didn't get on in time to wish you an amazing trip. Read that you have arrived safely and are having an awesome time!!
Tell Timmy to post pictures of your meet-up on Instagram, my grandson follows him and shows me pictures (he reminds me so much of my eldest grandson in looks). It feels like he's one of mine after all this time...I can also unofficially 'adopt' you as a grand as well. :rotfl2:

Hope you're having the best trip! I get that anxiety before a trip too- I actually wake up from nightmares that we slept through our plans!

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Didn't get on in time to wish you an amazing trip. Read that you have arrived safely and are having an awesome time!!
Tell Timmy to post pictures of your meet-up on Instagram, my grandson follows him and shows me pictures (he reminds me so much of my eldest grandson in looks). It feels like he's one of mine after all this time...I can also unofficially 'adopt' you as a grand as well. :rotfl2:

Thank you for the kind words, they mean so much to me! Timmy and I had a wonderful time together with our dear friend Emily, who was also on the program with us.

I would love to be one of your unofficial grands! You are such a sweetheart!

Hope you're having the best trip! I get that anxiety before a trip too- I actually wake up from nightmares that we slept through our plans!

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

We are just wrapping up on a truly magical week. I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone in my pre-trip anxiety!

I can't wait to tell you about this trip!!! I will start my TR on Sunday evening!

Thank you so much!! I made it my New Year's Resolution LAST year to get organized, and my organization mission has somehow stuck with me!!!

:hug: Thank you so much for being here with me! You are such a kind person, I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other and follow each other along on our PTRs!
I love the *idea* of being organized and buying organization products but actually getting/staying organize is another story!

Awww I’m glad we found each other’s PTRs too! I don’t think I ever came back to comment on your final post but I hope you had the best time! I follow you on Instagram but I suck at Instagram and never comment/like but based on the pics I saw, can’t wait to read the TR!

I love the *idea* of being organized and buying organization products but actually getting/staying organize is another story!

Awww I’m glad we found each other’s PTRs too! I don’t think I ever came back to comment on your final post but I hope you had the best time! I follow you on Instagram but I suck at Instagram and never comment/like but based on the pics I saw, can’t wait to read the TR!

STAYING organized is impossible! After all that careful packing for the trip, I threw everything into my suitcase Friday night before we started the drive home :laughing:

We had an amazing trip! We’re about two hours away from home, so the TR will go up later tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter