Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

So happy to hear you liked Beauty and the Beast at Paper mill! We are taking my daughter in a few weeks. granted we had to get not as good of seats as normal, but i am still really excited!

Good luck on you MM tickets!!!

It was outstanding!! Our seats were funky for this performance, too. We ended up not sitting together, which was odd to us, because our tickets have been the same all season, and we renewed our subscription very early this season!

Thank you so much! Enjoy BatB!

Love to see your plans coming together! It looks like we might overlap on 8/20 at HS, but my plans are largely in the hands of the FP gods so we'll see how it shakes out in a couple of weeks.

I have a pretty good workaround using Google Photos for pictures in my TR's, so if that's something you already use and are interested in that, let me know and I will go into the boring details.

Love to see your plans coming together! It looks like we might overlap on 8/20 at HS, but my plans are largely in the hands of the FP gods so we'll see how it shakes out in a couple of weeks.

I have a pretty good workaround using Google Photos for pictures in my TR's, so if that's something you already use and are interested in that, let me know and I will go into the boring details.

Ooh, see you at DHS! :cool1: Hope the FP+ gods bless you next week!

I've been thinking about Google Photos! I know a lot of people on the boards use them now-- might be interested if uploading to the boards doesn't work!

Good luck getting Moonlight Magic!! You sound prepared so hopefully it will work out in your favor! haha

Thank you so much!! I hope things'll work out!! :hyper:

We're In!
Today went as great as I hoped it would go-- the family got into Moonlight Magic with minimal stress on our end!

80aF.gif

We're all booked for the 8/22 DVC Moonlight Magic event! Check-in is at 6:00 PM at the VGF, so we can go to the park starting at 6, but the DVC only event runs from 9:30-Midnight at Animal Kingdom!

With the new virtual queue system, I wasn't sure what to expect from today. I had my laptop, our desktop computer, my phone, and my iPad ready with the queue page set up and ready to go about an hour before booking even started. The way it works is that once booking officially opens, your browser is assigned a random number that tells you where your place in line is/how many people are in front of you. The laptop started at 7050 people in front of us, our desktop started at 6500, my phone started at 3000... but the iPad only started at around 1300! Naturally, my iPad won the race and I got my confirmation email 20 minutes after booking opened!

This takes SO much stress off of the planning process, and I'm so excited to start planning Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday now! Now our Thursday plans are set in stone, which means our Wednesday and Friday plans are also good to go. Can't wait to book FP+ next week!

Yayyy! I'm so happy you got in! That's crazy how varied the spots were on your different devices but it was obviously worth having them all set up!

I was putting out good vibes for you this morning! haha

Glad you got in! I was in a virtual queue like that to get Hamilton tickets in DC last summer and my spot was like #65,000 lol

Yayyy! I'm so happy you got in! That's crazy how varied the spots were on your different devices but it was obviously worth having them all set up!

I was putting out good vibes for you this morning! haha

Thank you for the vibes-- I definitely appreciated them today! You're the best :goodvibes

Congrats!! Wowsers on the length of the queues but glad the iPad won the race for you :goodvibes

Thank you so much! The queues were a bit insane today, but I'm glad we were able to reserve our spots!

Yayy!! That's so exciting!! Those virtual lines were a bit insane, but at least you had multiple spots lol

We're so excited!! The lines were def. craaaaazy. I heard someone was in the 8000s today! :eek:

Look at that! This trip IS about to be lit!!!!

It'll be even MORE lit if I get to SMUSH UR FACE!!

Glad you got in! I was in a virtual queue like that to get Hamilton tickets in DC last summer and my spot was like #65,000 lol

65000?!?! :earseek::faint: Okay, I NEED to know how that ended! Did you end up with tickets? How long did you wait?

Yay how exciting!!

We're so excited!! :cool1:

65000?!?! :earseek::faint: Okay, I NEED to know how that ended! Did you end up with tickets? How long did you wait?

OMG it was an ORDEAL. I actually had a dentist appointment that day at like 1:00 PM and the queue opened at 8:00 AM - when I was about to go in for my appointment, it seemed like I was still pretty far back in line. My appointment takes literally like 3 hours and when I get out, I had missed my spot in line! :sad: I rejoined the queue at the back of the line (like 115,000th in line or so) and ended up getting through around 11:00 PM and I found a single seat to one of the shows!

Glad you got in and it went easily! Good idea to open it on so many different devices !

Thank you!! It was definitely one of the better ideas I've had in regards to my planning!!

OMG it was an ORDEAL. I actually had a dentist appointment that day at like 1:00 PM and the queue opened at 8:00 AM - when I was about to go in for my appointment, it seemed like I was still pretty far back in line. My appointment takes literally like 3 hours and when I get out, I had missed my spot in line! :sad: I rejoined the queue at the back of the line (like 115,000th in line or so) and ended up getting through around 11:00 PM and I found a single seat to one of the shows!

WOW, I'm stressed out just reading about that! :faint: I would have been inconsolable if I had missed my spot in line while I was at the dentist, but YOU GO GIRL for your patience, commitment and for finding that single seat!! How did you like the show?

Decided to come on over from Timmy's report.
Ugh on the back....the worst for trying to focus and concentrate.

The plans are really coming together and it all sounds great. I see a meet up with your Bestie Timmy in the future. :cheer2:

Decided to come on over from Timmy's report.
Ugh on the back....the worst for trying to focus and concentrate.

The plans are really coming together and it all sounds great. I see a meet up with your Bestie Timmy in the future. :cheer2:

:welcome: Thanks so much for popping over and checking in! So happy to have you here!

Yes!! This was my first time throwing out my back, and I didn't realize how hard it would be for me to focus on anything. Even a week after the spasm I couldn't sit for 10 minutes without having to get up and move around! :crazy2:

Everything's finally coming together! I certainly can't wait to give @PlutosRHM55 a big ol' hug this August :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter