Day 6: Magic Kingdom
We spent the last day of our vacation in the Magic Kingdom. Our day had a rough start, but it ended up being a magical day. We planned to take advantage of the EMH from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., but we didn't make it to the park until 8:40 a.m. Unfortunately, we encountered a Disney bus issue when trying to get to MK. While trying to leave our resort, one of the MK buses had a mechanical issue. The doors would not close; therefore, the driver couldn't move the bus. We baked in the hot sun outside of Pop Century standing in line and waiting for another bus to show up. I was even contemplating spending money on a Minnie van... I was not in a good mood. All I could think about was our EMH being wasted. Once the second bus showed up, the people who were stuck on the first bus got off to get on the new one. Well, once it was empty, the doors to the first bus shut! It turns out that it was too packed and a stroller was tripping the door sensors in the back of the bus. :sad2:

Once we finally reached MK, we only had 20 minutes left of our EMH. :mad: What I didn't know was that only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland were open during the extra magic hour. As much Disney planning as I did for our trip, that was one thing I did not know. We took a couple pictures in front of the castle since it wasn't too crowded.

enhance

We decided to wait for Frontierland to open rather than exploring the two lands that were open. Once the park officially opened, we were part of a giant mob of people rushing to get on rides. We wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad one more time; since we didn't have a FP for it, we headed straight there. Luckily, we were able to walk right on with little to no wait.

Next we headed to Pirates of the Caribbean since we didn't get a chance to ride it on our first day in MK. Honestly, we were hesitant to ride it because we got stuck on it last summer for nearly 45 minutes. (Yep! We lost our EMH in MK last year too! Oh, the irony!) Luckily, everything went smoothly and we were able to ride it with no issues.

We had a little bit of time to kill before our first FP, so we headed to Fantasyland to look around Big Top Souvenirs. That is one of my favorite gift shop locations on WDW property! I reallllllly wanted to grab a treat from the case, but we had early lunch reservations at Be Our Guest and I didn't want to ruin my appetite. When it was time for our FP, we headed to Seven Dwarf's Mine Train. We rode this coaster for the first time last year, and neither one of us thought it was worth the hype. We enjoyed it, but we couldn't figure out why the wait times were always so high for it. Our opinions changed after this trip. We were able to snag the last mine car, so maybe sitting in the back made it more enjoyable. The ride was so much fun! Still wouldn't wait an outrageous amount of time to ride it though.

enhance

It started to sprinkle a bit, so we thought we'd find somewhere indoors. Neither one of us had ever visited The Tiki Room attraction. We knew it is a WDW classic so we thought we'd check it out. Unpopular opinion: It was so weird and we didn't enjoy it. I appreciate the history behind it, but that was definitely a one-and-done attraction for us.

We spent a bit more time in Fantasyland and rode Winnie the Pooh before heading to my favorite land, Tomorrowland. We cashed in our last bonus FP from the DVC tour on Space Mountain. I love that ride! We then rode another favorite of ours, the PeopleMover. Next, we took pictures in front of the legendary purple wall. We didn't do this on our last trip, so it was yet another new experience. (Bradley doesn't understand the hype. Lol!)

enhance

It was time for our lunch reservation at Be Our Guest! We pre-ordered online (ALWAYS DO THIS) so when we checked in, we just headed straight to an empty table. I was so excited because we were able to get a spot in front of the snowy windows in the ballroom. While waiting for our food to arrive at our table... A magical moment happened. A cast member came by to check on us. I thought this was strange because we hadn't even received our food yet. Bradley asked her if she would take our picture. This was a red flag for two reasons: Bradley HATES taking pictures and he certainly wouldn't ask a stranger to take ours. I knew something was up. Well, it turns out he had something up his sleeve...

enhance

enhance

He asked and I said yes! :love: It was such a magical moment! I honestly was not expecting this to happen so it was a total surprise. I was so happy and ready to get out of there to call everyone. I wasn't even hungry when our food showed up. :rotfl: It's a good thing I wasn't even hungry anymore because my turkey sandwich was not good.
enhance

I don't know why I didn't learn my lesson from last year. (I didn't like what I ordered last year and knew the Croque Monsieur was the way to go. Yet, I wanted to try something new. It was a mistake.) The turkey sandwich was dry and had little to not flavor. I was dipping it in the ketchup just to make it better. It was just meh.

The CM who took our pictures during the proposal brought us some celebratory buttons.

enhance

enhance

After sharing the good news with friends and family back home, it was time to get back to enjoying our time in the parks! It was time for our next FP--another first time experience: Peter Pan! We are thrill-seekers when it comes to rides. I know Peter Pan is very tame and very short, but I figured we'd give it a shot to say that we've ridden it. I'm glad we had a FP for it because the standby line was ridiculous. Bradley was like, "That's it?" when the ride was over. :rotfl2:

We decided to keep with the trend of trying new things, so we headed to The Hall of Presidents. Another attraction we have never been able to experience. (Last summer it was closed for refurbishments.) We were surprised by this show. It was actually very entertaining as well as informative. Regardless of your political views and feelings about the latest presidential addition, I think everyone should experience the attraction. It's definitely one we will return to in the future!

enhance

We then stayed in Liberty Square by visiting 999 happy haunts. We had a FP; yet, the wait time was a bit longer than I expected. The FP line back up all the way to the horseless-buggy at the start of the entrance. The Florida sun was taking a bit of a toll on us, but we refused to take a mid-day break on our last day in Disney. We'd power through the heat!

We decided to cool off with another relaxing ride on the PeopleMover. It's a good one to prop the feet up for a bit and escape the sun.

enhance

I booked our fourth FP for Space Mountain while relaxing on our tour through Tomorrowland. It's my favorite ride in Magic Kingdom, so I try to ride it as much as possible. :goodvibes We decided to go do Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor since we enjoyed it so much the first day we were there. That is really an underrated attraction. It is very funny!

While walking to Adventureland, we caught some of the parade. Honestly, we have never sat and watched a parade in WDW. It's just something that doesn't interest us. However, it was cool to see some characters going by on their floats while just out and about in the park.

enhance

I booked our fifth FP for Splash Mountain. We didn't get to ride it earlier during our trip because it was shut down. I was scared we wouldn't get to ride it at all. I was stoked that I was able to snag a FP for it; however, we had to wait a few hours for it to be able to be used. We noticed the wait time for Pirates was low enough to do standby, so we decided to ride it again. Luckily, we didn't get stuck! :laughing:

We stopped for an early dinner at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn. We decided to split the fajita platter because it really is a lot of food, especially when you load up at the toppings bar like I do! It was pretty yummy... Definitely better than my turkey sandwich from earlier.

While scrolling through Instagram at dinner, I saw that some vloggers I watch were in the park too! I power-walked from Pecos Bill all the way to Winnie the Pooh in Fantasyland because that's where they were. I was a hot mess when I spotted them; it was almost embarrassing. :rotfl:I was so excited to meet Taylor and Josh, The WDW Couple. They were super friendly despite me being a sweaty, nervous fan. Lol!

enhance

It was getting close to our FP time for Splash Mountain. We headed to our laughing place!

enhance

Although I don't care for water rides, there is something special about Splash Mountain. We had a blast! I can hear the music from the ride in my head as I type this... :rolleyes: We were pretty soaked, so we decided to head back to the resort for the evening. We had an early flight and had yet to pack anything! Of course, we stopped at the Emporium and stocked up on souvenirs and gifts beforehand. I got some really cute picture frames. I splurged on a Beauty and the Beast themed one to put our proposal picture in. :lovestruc

Overall, it was a wonderful day in the Magic Kingdom. It was a perfect ending to our vacation. I hope you enjoyed reading about our incredible summer in WDW! I enjoyed sharing and reliving these memories with you.

[/QUOTI

I enjoyed your trip report!

Congrats!
What are those cute strappy gray shoes you had on? Are they comfy?

Those are my Sketchers Goga Max sandals! Yes, they are so comfortable! I’ve worn them two years in a row for both of our WDW trips. I highly recommend!

Attachments

• 75C2EB31-11AF-4B27-B7A3-61514FDCBB79.jpeg
    75C2EB31-11AF-4B27-B7A3-61514FDCBB79.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 7
The thing that I loved most about your trip report is your voice as a writer clearly expressed the joy you were having visiting Walt Disney World. Of course, it doesn't hurt that you got engaged on your trip. Best wishes!

The thing that I loved most about your trip report is your voice as a writer clearly expressed the joy you were having visiting Walt Disney World. Of course, it doesn't hurt that you got engaged on your trip. Best wishes!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Really enjoyed your trip report. Congratulations on your engagement! It was perfect and so romantic.
My husband and I have been to WDW many times and we have some of the same reactions you did: We don't care for parades or fireworks for that matter. Seen one seen them all to us. We prefer to ride the rides. After going on PP we both got off the ride and said the same thing, Is that it??? Never understand the popularity of that one. Also the same reaction on Tikibirds. That one always gave me a headache. LOL
Thanks so much for sharing your great trip report!

Really enjoyed your trip report. Congratulations on your engagement! It was perfect and so romantic.
My husband and I have been to WDW many times and we have some of the same reactions you did: We don't care for parades or fireworks for that matter. Seen one seen them all to us. We prefer to ride the rides. After going on PP we both got off the ride and said the same thing, Is that it??? Never understand the popularity of that one. Also the same reaction on Tikibirds. That one always gave me a headache. LOL
Thanks so much for sharing your great trip report!

I like the way you think! Thank you for reading. :)

Ahh I just found this. We share the same name and I went to high school in Little Rock! Congratulations on the engagement! I enjoyed reading about your trip.

I don't even know if you'll see this, but I wanted to thank you for this wonderful TR! It's been years since I've read one, and even longer since I've written one.:) But, I was thinking that reading a TR during COVID would be the perfect tonic and luckily yours was so well-written and informative it was exactly what I needed!! So, thank you! We have been several times and our daughter also got engaged there during our 2014 trip. My S-I-L proposed at the wishing well near Cinderella's castle and my daughter was totally surprised!
Anyhow, I wanted to tell you that I also do NOT like the Little Mermaid show at HS. We even gave it a second chance and the Ariel was awful-she was painfully out of tune. The story is weak, like you said.
The other thing I wanted to tell you was that we always skip the ride part of the Seas. If you go left instead of straight towards the entrance, you can go in the exit where the gift shop is and just enjoy the tanks.
I also wanted to read a summer trip report because our next trip isn't planned until June 2022, just before our new granddaughter turns 3. It's been a while since we've done a summer trip and I am always on the lookout for good tips. Those Grey Goose frozen lemonades looked really good!
Thanks again. Belated congrats on the engagement. For all I know, you might be married by now!

I don't even know if you'll see this, but I wanted to thank you for this wonderful TR! It's been years since I've read one, and even longer since I've written one.:) But, I was thinking that reading a TR during COVID would be the perfect tonic and luckily yours was so well-written and informative it was exactly what I needed!! So, thank you! We have been several times and our daughter also got engaged there during our 2014 trip. My S-I-L proposed at the wishing well near Cinderella's castle and my daughter was totally surprised!
Anyhow, I wanted to tell you that I also do NOT like the Little Mermaid show at HS. We even gave it a second chance and the Ariel was awful-she was painfully out of tune. The story is weak, like you said.
The other thing I wanted to tell you was that we always skip the ride part of the Seas. If you go left instead of straight towards the entrance, you can go in the exit where the gift shop is and just enjoy the tanks.
I also wanted to read a summer trip report because our next trip isn't planned until June 2022, just before our new granddaughter turns 3. It's been a while since we've done a summer trip and I am always on the lookout for good tips. Those Grey Goose frozen lemonades looked really good!
Thanks again. Belated congrats on the engagement. For all I know, you might be married by now!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I actually went back and reread it myself because I think COVID has us all needing some Disney magic. I’m glad my TR helped you with some insight for summer. We actually have a summer 2020 trip booked, but I’m not hopeful about it. Thank you for the tip about The Seas! And yes, we are married now.:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!