• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our "magical" 9/19 cruise & WDW vacation #1

kamgen

DIS Veteran
Our trip starts with a 4 day WDW stay, then on to a 3 night cruise on DCL and finishes with one more night at WDW. I just hope I don't forget things!! :)

Cast:
Me (kamgen, 29yrs old, and planner extraordinaire)
DH (tarzanman, 24yrs old, and all around WDW lover)
My mom (CricketMom, 49yrs old --CRUISE ONLY)

Day one: well, this day was terrible. It was only3 days after the terrorist attacks and we were shaky about our trip and my moms upcoming Tuesday flight. And to make matters worse, I was laid off from my job. Let's just say I would like to forget that day.
Needless to say, dh and I started our drive from Michigan to Ohio to stay at his parents house for a nap on the way. We arrived there about 9pm, visited, slept, and were back on the road at 3:15am heading from Milford, Ohio to Orlando, Florida. Dh drove awhile, while I slept. :)

Day two: We are driving and driving and driving. :) I took over the driving right out side the Georgia state line and managed to finish the road trip behind the wheel. We arrived at WDW around 4:30pm. We checked into Ft Wilderness for our one night camp-out and learned that we were lucky enough to have jsut missed the tropical storm that blanketed the area with rain and high winds. YEAH for us! :) Check in was a breeze and we headed on to set up our tent. We walked around the campground and found it to be very clean and well set up. We think it is a great way to stay at WDW and save money. After taking a nice walk, we headed back to our site to unpack some things for the night.
Everything went smoothly, and instead of sleeping, we did what all Disney fanatics do...headed over to MK!! We bought our first set of Annual Passes (WhooHoo :) ) and headed inside. Let me now say that for a Saturday, the place was practically empty. We were able to ride the rides we love with NO wait and even got into Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner without PS. The character meal was WONDERFUL and we loved the food. It is family style, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, carrots, and more. We really enjoyed it and found the American themed characters and restaraunt to be a wonderful way to start our vacation.
We then found our way to Main Street and were able to get a great spot to watch Spectromagic (loved it!) and the fireworks (good, but so low you could not see them above the castle. Weird!)
After, rode some rides and then headed back to the campground. Let's just say we were exhausted and it was finally catching up to us. The boat ride from MK to FtW was relaxing and very nice.
FW Campground observations: Holy Cow! That ground is hard. We are avid campers and have never felt anything so hard in our lives. Tip: bring an air mattress if you intend to tent it! Whew, that was a rough night! :)
We awoke around 6:30am, took our tent down, and headed over to OKW. We know we don't get our rooms guarenteed until 4pm, but we decided just to check in, get our parking pass, and be settled for the day. Low and behold, the wonderful cast member checking us in got us a room...at 7:30am!!! She was wonderful and we were SOOOOO grateful. :) So, what did we do then? Went to our 1 bedroom vacation home, took showers, unpacked, and headed out for the day!!!! It was so nice to know that at the end of the day, we were already settled in at "home".

Whew, now I will get ready for report #2.

Thanks for reading,
Kamgen

http://gennaroworld.topcities.com

No matter what time you arrive all Disney fanatics must visit the MK right away. I think it may be a law. Camping for one night, what a neat way to say a nights hotel price. Can't wait to read more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter