Our new Subforums

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonetteA

DIS Veteran
As some of you may have noticed your mod team in conjunction with the Webmasters (Thanks Kathy!) :goodvibes

Remember, what they Webmasters give they can take away.

One of the things that we were asked to do is put guidelines around this usage.

Over the next few weeks we will begin moving the journals over to the closed or open depending on where they fall. Please don't start another journal on the subforum unless you are starting one for the very first time.

We are asking the following of you:

1) Make sure that you and your fiancee's name is in the title along with your location and date.

2) Add your trip report onto the end of your planning journal. Please don't start a second thread we want our new brides to be able to read from beginning to end.

3) Keep it on-topic. I know it is easy to get busy and start off down a non-wedding path but if you could help us that would be great.

4) Remember that this is a public forum. We are not going to be deleting anyone's journal. We have had requests for this in the past. You can use the edit button if you need to.

5) Help us by finishing your journals and trip reports in a timely manner. I am the worst offender on this one. I haven't finished mine after two years. I am really going to work on this. I promise! we are working some some type of treat you would get for finishing. Details are being worked out. Let us know when you are finished. Some we may close in a timely manner. If we do that and the OP needs it open they can ask our team.

Please bear with us as we all adjust to the changes. We may have to adjust our approach once this begins.

Thanks for your understanding and patience with us!

Sam or Helen do you have anything else to add?

The mod team

Sam, Helen, and Jonette

I just wanted to add to please be patient with us as we start to move the existing Planning Journals and Trip Reports to their new homes. Its probably going to take us a bit! :)

Thanks!!

Once the PJ's are moved to the new forum, will it break the link in our siggies???

Thanks!!

Once the PJ's are moved to the new forum, will it break the link in our siggies???

From the ones that I just tested, the links in your siggies should still work, but you will probably want to double check them, just incase.

Sam or Helen do you have anything else to add?

Just another thank you to the Webmasters for working with us on getting these sub-forums, we continue to strive to get this place as on-topic as possible, I totally get how easy it is to get off-topic but hopefully these sub-forums will help us to keep the whole Weddings and Honeymoons forum on track as a planning and sharing forum of your wedding days and amazing Disneymoons.

I second the reminder about this being a public forum, so again remember what you write on here anyone can read, even the staff at Disney Fairytale Weddings, should they be so inclined ;)

Now on with the planning :cheer2:

Thanks for this guys!! I think its going to make the boards a better place :) thanks for all your hard work and effort getting it started! :thumbsup2

This is great news! I think it'll really help make it much easier to navigate this forum.

Can I suggest that brides make their PJ/TR title include not just the ceremony location, but also the reception and/or DP location? It seems like only half the brides include that info in their titles.

I think that would help us future brides quickly find others experiences with the locations they are themselves planning for.

I think this is a great idea! Thank you webmasters!!! I also agree. I think, if possible, everyone should post all sites in the title.

maybe also include in the title whether you are a wishes or an escape bride? I know its always helpful because sometimes I'm looking for specific escape info and while I love reading the pjs and trs for wishes brides, if its not in the budget sometimes I'd rather not know! :lmao:

This is really swell for the organization of the boards! I'm really excited because I agree that it was getting hard with the amount of PJ's to get questions answered!

I'm gonna have to put a menu on my first post I think, as my PJ is already so long no one will get as far as finding my Trippie (when it comes to it!) :rotfl:

So perhaps this would also be a useful thing - update the top of your very first post to say what pages your PJ runs through, and what page your TR starts.....

Maybe, unless anyone can think of a better way to do this? :confused3

Great idea!! :)

I love having all the PJs in one place and I can just have a nosy to my heart's content :teeth:

*runs off to read more PJs*

I go away for a week and come back to new sub-forums, it all looks much neater now and should make finding things much easier. Thanks for your hard work MODS and Webmasters.

I was enjoying a swell thread on the TR page and got to just before the actual wedding and it was closed and locked.

I looked at the rest on the subforum and saw they were also closed and locked.

Are the brides themselves locking these?

Or is this a service being provided to them.....

I can't imagine ALL of those brides locking themselves out of their own TR...

This particular report was only last month.

I know of a few wedding journals that have longer lag times in between posts...

I guess I don't want to waste my time sharing these moments and then miss the big payoff at the end! :lmao:

The moderators are locking the Trip Reports / Planning Journals as brides either finish them, or go so long between posts that we assume they won't be finishing them. If a bride wants to continue her Trip Report (add a vendor review or details of her at home reception) after its been closed she can contact a moderator and we will reopen the thread for her. Most brides complete their trip reports in a timely manner, so you won't miss any details of her big day before the report is closed.

Unfortunately, we had to put this measure in place to make sure the weddings board stayed on topic and within DIS guidelines.

I love the new format guys, it makes everything so much easier.

Thank you Mods and Webmaster for making the DFTW planning (or in my case, dreaming) process so much easier.

Thank you for not locking me out of my PJ, but can you move my PJ into the appropriate sub-forum so that I'm not breaking any rules? Thank you

its been so long since I've been on here and I am now adding my trip report to my planning page can someone place mine in the proper spot so i'm not breaking any rules? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts