Our non Disney park trip

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
I’ve appreciated all the tips on this forum so thought I’d update since we’ve been back for a week. Travel party, myself, 2 teen girls, 8 year old boy and almost 6 year old boy. Flew into MCO and rented a minivan for the week. We stayed in a townhome at Windsor Hills and loved it! Having the small pool to ourselves was so nice in addition to the main pool & waterslides. It seemed like a lot of the homes were vacant and the pool was never crowded. The kids also enjoyed the game room.

We hit the outlets for the girls one day, it was soooo hot that day! All stores we went into required masks. Another day we went to KSC in the morning and Cocoa Beach in the afternoon. Had to wear masks at the space center and at least half of the exhibit/attractions were closed. I think the kids were bored, but we did get free tickets to come back anytime in 2021 for the full experience. Tickets were about half price so a good deal if we are able to go back. It wasn’t busy at all and parking was free. I did find it ironic how many things were closed ”for our safety”, but they didn’t seem to have a problem packing people into the gift shop. Beach was fun, it was the boys first time and they would have loved to go another day, but it is kind of a haul from where we stayed and I got tired of driving.

We went to Legoland and that was a huge hit with the boys, even the teen girls had fun. Hardly any lines, the only waits were the cleaning of the rides between guests. Masks were not mandatory and maybe 10% were wearing them, we did not. There was only one place to get lunch, and all they had was burgers and fries, expensive and not very good. All the other food places were closed. We stayed until park close at 5 and just got everything done we wanted to. We walked by the pirate hotel and the boys declared we were staying there next year lol.

Other than that we spent time at the pool and relaxing in the townhome, the boys bedroom had a ps4 and they played a lot of Minecraft. There is a Walmart right there so we got a bunch of groceries and ate a lot of meals there, but also went to Disney Springs for 2 dinners. Boathouse was awesome! The food, the atmosphere, the server we had...just a really good experience. Raglan Road is an old favorite and it was good too, but they had only been open a few days and were still working out the kinks. We waited about 15 min and still hadn’t had a server come to our table so I had to go find someone. Turns out they were having issues with the cc machine and were all backed up. Masks were mandatory everywhere at DS unless eating. Mine slipped below my nose and I was told by a CM to pull it up. We also had our temps checked when we got there.

Sooo, we did get a bit of Disney touch but it was weird driving around and seeing the roads so deserted. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at Windsor Hills again. Security at MCO when we left was quick and painless, no issues there. Wore masks at airport and on our flights. I’ll be happy to answer anything I can!

eta: we had these flights booked since last year because we were going on a cruise. After that was cancelled, I kept the flights and we decided to head to Orlando anyway. We had booked the Frontier kids fly free promo so it was a really good deal that we would have lost had we rebooked flights for later in the year.

Last edited:
Glad you had such a nice visit. We love WH and usually spend part of our trip staying there. Still trying to decide if we keep our flights on SW and rent at WH in July or not. With the numbers in Fl increasing, I hear masks are required in Orange Co.
We live in Colorado and went to Garden of the God's one day. In the visitor center, everything was closed except the gift shop, you could freely walk around. I had to laugh too! :rolleyes:

I’ve appreciated all the tips on this forum so thought I’d update since we’ve been back for a week. Travel party, myself, 2 teen girls, 8 year old boy and almost 6 year old boy. Flew into MCO and rented a minivan for the week. We stayed in a townhome at Windsor Hills and loved it! Having the small pool to ourselves was so nice in addition to the main pool & waterslides. It seemed like a lot of the homes were vacant and the pool was never crowded. The kids also enjoyed the game room.

We hit the outlets for the girls one day, it was soooo hot that day! All stores we went into required masks. Another day we went to KSC in the morning and Cocoa Beach in the afternoon. Had to wear masks at the space center and at least half of the exhibit/attractions were closed. I think the kids were bored, but we did get free tickets to come back anytime in 2021 for the full experience. Tickets were about half price so a good deal if we are able to go back. It wasn’t busy at all and parking was free. I did find it ironic how many things were closed ”for our safety”, but they didn’t seem to have a problem packing people into the gift shop. Beach was fun, it was the boys first time and they would have loved to go another day, but it is kind of a haul from where we stayed and I got tired of driving.

We went to Legoland and that was a huge hit with the boys, even the teen girls had fun. Hardly any lines, the only waits were the cleaning of the rides between guests. Masks were not mandatory and maybe 10% were wearing them, we did not. There was only one place to get lunch, and all they had was burgers and fries, expensive and not very good. All the other food places were closed. We stayed until park close at 5 and just got everything done we wanted to. We walked by the pirate hotel and the boys declared we were staying there next year lol.

Other than that we spent time at the pool and relaxing in the townhome, the boys bedroom had a ps4 and they played a lot of Minecraft. There is a Walmart right there so we got a bunch of groceries and ate a lot of meals there, but also went to Disney Springs for 2 dinners. Boathouse was awesome! The food, the atmosphere, the server we had...just a really good experience. Raglan Road is an old favorite and it was good too, but they had only been open a few days and were still working out the kinks. We waited about 15 min and still hadn’t had a server come to our table so I had to go find someone. Turns out they were having issues with the cc machine and were all backed up. Masks were mandatory everywhere at DS unless eating. Mine slipped below my nose and I was told by a CM to pull it up. We also had our temps checked when we got there.

Sooo, we did get a bit of Disney touch but it was weird driving around and seeing the roads so deserted. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at Windsor Hills again. Security at MCO when we left was quick and painless, no issues there. Wore masks at airport and on our flights. I’ll be happy to answer anything I can!

eta: we had these flights booked since last year because we were going on a cruise. After that was cancelled, I kept the flights and we decided to head to Orlando anyway. We had booked the Frontier kids fly free promo so it was a really good deal that we would have lost had we rebooked flights for later in the year.
My girlfriend and I are planning on a day at KSC and Cocoa Beach when we are there in mid-July. Might have to postpone that trip to KSC based on your experience. Thanks for the heads up!

My girlfriend and I are planning on a day at KSC and Cocoa Beach when we are there in mid-July. Might have to postpone that trip to KSC based on your experience. Thanks for the heads up!

I will say the stuff that was open, appealed to adults more than kids, so for $30 pp plus a free ticket for next year it’s not a bad deal. We spent about 2 hours there.

Last year we did not go to Disney in the spring, although it was hard to look at the mickey power lines etc. We bought go orlando passes. It was the best money ever spent.
Under normal circumstances they had dinner theater as well. As I dont know whats open anymore.
But KSC and Legoland are both on the attractions list.
https://www.groupon.com/deals/go-city-pass-go-orlando-pass-2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!