Our offsite trip 13th-16th August 2014! First ever TR!!!

Bit of a delayed update I know! But let's go back to summer at DLP :rotfl:

Day 3

This was to be our day to ride Ratatouille! Mainly so the girls could sleep in a little later following Dreams. I got up at 7.15 and showered before getting them up. Had breakfast, made up some sandwiches as usual, then drove to DLP. So simple!

We arrived at the Studios for 9.30; the gates were already open and the queue for fastpass tickets was back to Studio 1. They were handed out from a little cart by Art of Animation as the machines were not in use at this time. As we couldn't risk NOT getting a fastpass at all, we joined the normal queue which was backed up down towards the Tram Tour entrance. It was extremely disorganised, it wasn't clear this was the queue for the Rat, with lots of queue-jumping. We were held there before moving slowly down to Place de Remy, and then into the main queue area. I was happy we were moving constantly...

And then it went downhill a bit. You know when you're waiting and chatting and then you suddenly realise you haven't actually moved for a while and wonder what's going on?! The ride had broken down :rolleyes2 A few people left but we decided to stay, afterall we had invested so much time in it already and I certainly didn't want to return later in the day or tomorrow! It restarted before breaking down again, and I took DD2 out, partly for a little break, partly to ask a CM what was going on. A huge cheer went up when it reopened and we eventually rode at 12.15pm :eek: DD1 loved the ride, DD2 cried, DH was disappointed. Had the motion not made me feel a bit sick, I would've loved it. Not worth the wait for us and I came away feeling like we'd wasted the morning. I'd love to try it again without the mammoth wait.

Feeling a bit dejected, we made our way up to the Stars 'n' Cars meet. The girls met Pluto, Lilo, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy, Jasmine and Aladdin. Other characters present were Donald, Jafar, Stitch, Remy, Piglet, Eeyore, Mary Poppins, Pinocchio, Chip & Dale and possibly more. Things were looking up! Yay! We ate our lunch whilst waiting at the roped-off area inbetween character appearances - they came out in 15-20 minute periods and would start where they left off the previous time.

We then sheltered from a heavy rain shower by Toon Plaza and were 2nd in line for Mickey at 2.30, then 1st in the queue for Woody at 2.45. A quick scream at the Monsters Inc Academy and photos with Mike before some shopping. I bought a set of 3 tall glasses for €10.50 less AP discount to add to my collection before heading to the main park at about 3.45.

DH went to check the FP time for Big Thunder Mountain but as it was for 7.30 he didn't take it as it would've clashed with our dinner reservation at Plaza Gardens. Me and the girls went on IASW and the storybook ride before having a look in the Christmas shop in the castle. Gorgeous decorations.

DH had been saving a spot for us on Central Plaza from about 4.30, in the rain - poor thing!!! It was amazing to see the parade from somewhere different as we usually watch from around the Fantasyland entrance to avoid a long wait. And I had the castle in lots of my pics :thumbsup2

After the parade we did a bit of shopping on Main Street and then went to Plaza Gardens for 6.15. Delicious food and a big choice including: fish shapes, mussels, roast gammon, dauphinoise potatoes, beef bourgignon, steak hache, sausages, chicken drumsticks, meatballs, stroganoff, snails, canneloni, chips plus plenty of vegetables, rice and salads. For dessert there were various mousses, cheesecakes, tarts, pecan pie, doughnuts, crepes, cheeses and fresh fruit. Plus the usual marshmallows, smarties and strawberry shapes (not a fan but I guess they appeal to children). We really enjoyed it.

We left the park at about 8pm, called at World of Disney and then went back to the hotel for a good sleep!

Lovely trip report and photos! Wow, did you guys queue! That Remy tale fills me with horror! :scared1:

Bit sad to see the Stars n Cars greet is still set up in the giant circle. Had really hoped it would be back to the queues spread around the place, the way it is at present might put us off as I hate the thought of Rosebug getting squashed, esp when her tummy isn't so good.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter