Our recent experience at CHEF MICKEY'S for breakfast

Clover9990

<font color=336699>Let me know where we can get so
On February 26 we went to Chef Mickey's for our first character breakfast. There were 11 of us total...myself, my husband, our 2 kids (ages 4 and 2), my MIL, FIL, niece (age 2), SIL, BIL, and their 2 DDs (our other nieces), ages 5 and 2.

I was a little nervous at first, because I'd read some pretty bad reviews on this board, but we absolutely *loved* it!! The food was pretty good- these are the things they served that I can remember off the top of my head:
  • Variety of fresh fruits (bananas, strawberries, melon, etc.)
  • Several different flavors of bagels
  • Several different types of egg-casserole dishes (with ham & other things added to them)
  • Mickey-shaped mini waffles
  • Mini pancakes
  • Variety of pastries, including cinnamon rolls and cheese danishes (which were delicious!)
  • Variety of cold cereals to choose from
  • Potato casserole- kind of like Potatoes O'Brien but larger pieces
  • Bacon
  • Sausage
  • Biscuits
  • Sausage gravy

The meal includes drinks, so we got each of our kids a chocolate milk (to go with their meals) and a regular milk (to bring in cups with us- they didn't frown upon this at all!) :) We all really enjoyed the food, and what a fun atmosphere! Several times throughout the morning, they play music and the servers/characters sing and dance to a song where you spin your napkins around in the air- really cute!

Character interaction was GREAT! We saw Chip, Dale, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, and I think one of the ducks was there...can't remember which. Minnie "broke the ice" with my DD, who was previously scared to get close to the characters before she came over to pose for a pic with her!

Also, I saw a few complaints previously about the stairs- we sat "upstairs" and didn't find it to be a big deal at all! We had a window view of the monorail track and the convention center at the Contemporary, and it was very nice! There are only 4 or 5 stairs to climb, and they're not steep...not sure why people have complained about them before.

We give Chef Mickey's, at least for breakfast, a big THUMBS UP!! Our total cost (for me, DH, DS4, and DD2) was $55 including tip, and that's because I added a couple of extra dollars, even though a tip had already been added to our bill. Granted, we don't have another character breakfast to compare it to, since this was our first, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps someone!

Glad you enjoyed Chef Mickeys! It was a hit with our kids too a few years ago. We ate there on our last morning - a sort of farewell to the Mouse - before we began our long drive home! The food was good and the kids (two teens and a five yr old) all had a great time with the characters!

My youngest daughter and I are going back in Oct for trick-Or-Treating with the Mouse - we'll have to put Chef Mickeys on our list of restaurants to try!!!

Thanks for the review. We always seem to have a good time there too. Did you happen to notice if they had breakfast pizza? That is mine and Ds's favorite part of Chef Mickeys. Id hate to see it gone.

Thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed it. We too, enjoy our breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We have been twice so far.

Glad to see some other Chef Mickey lovers out there- I was nervous to go after I made our PS because I started reading some really bad reviews, but we wouldn't hesitate to go back!

CamColt,
They still had the PB&J (I believe that's what it was) breakfast pizza, and maybe one other type...wow- it's only been a couple of weeks and I can't remember! I know for sure they had some kind of breakfast pizza though, and I'm pretty sure that's the one it was. Is that what you were talking about?

We also enjoyed Chef Mickey's for breakfast, everything was very good. We ate so much that morning we didn't eat again until that evening. DS 9 wants to go back again when we return in Aug. :D :D :D :D :D

We went to CM for dinner and were seated "upstairs" in the far corner. My FIL was in a wheelchair and we had to bump him up the 3-4 steps because they couldn't get the lift to operate properly. We could hear music from where we were but no characters or servers sang/danced or spun napkins, etc. near us. There was no interaction with the characters since they only passed through this area and waved to us as they were leaving the room. We were so far removed from the action, our server forgot about us. She took our drink order, brought our drinks and never came back. We had stacks of dirty dishes on our table and no refills on our drinks. After patiently waiting for nearly an hour for her to return, we had to trek to the podium to ask for her. The manager came back to our section and 2 additional tables of people complained about the service and the lack of characters. She apologized but said there was nothing she could do - they were short-staffed that night. The server finally showed up with the check already totaled and never offered refills or coffee, etc. I'm glad that you had a positive experience at CM but we will never go back.

redflannel10 ... your experience sounds like ours.

The stairs and kids traveling back and forth to a buffet IMHO do not mix.

I know CM's wasn't always at CR. Before CR's was it a buffet? I really think, considering the lay out of the restaurant, it was not.

We loved CM. It was by far my favorite. I had great character interaction. They took a lot of time with the children, and I will go back to CM on every trip.

sha_lyn

Chef Mickey's restaurant used to be at the Disney Village Marketplace. We were there 12 or more years ago and if I recall correctly, it was not a buffet. Chef Mickey used to visit each table and it was a very quiet, relaxing atmosphere. I don't know if it moved straight to the Contemporary or was at another location in-between.

Hello, This will be our first trip to disney with our 2 year old.I wanted to know where is chef mickeys located at?? Is this the only breafast buffett with minney & mickey?? We are staying at CBR, how far is it??Thanks for any help!!:D

It is in the Contemporary Resort. The last stop before Magic Kingdom on the RESORT monorail. The Magic Kingdom monorail does not stop at the Resorts. It is located on the 4th floor. I know Mickey is at the Polynesian resort ( Ohana's ) for breakfast but I am not sure about Minnie. We enjoyed Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It really gets you into the Disney Spirit. Kindof like a Pep Rally.

I'm glad to hear some positive reviews of Chef's Mickeys :) I will be going for the first time on my next trip. Is it possible to request a table that's not in the 'upstairs' area? I'd hate to miss out on the characters...

We have done Chef Mickey's two times for dinner but have never done it for breakfast. On our trip in August we are going to give it a try, hopefully on our first morning there so it will give a great start to our trip. We've enjoyed it before and look forward to the "new" experience at breakfast!

hi: we've done cm in dtd years ago and cm in the contemporary many times over the last 10 years. we've had both positive and negative experiences here. the positive does tend to outweigh the negative though imo. when you see a 48 yo woman(my sil on her first trip in 2000) run up and hug Goofy and catch it on film- your vacation is in the bag.

We always do Chef Mickey's for breakfast, and have always had a great time- my kids would be really upset if we didn't go:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter