Our Stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
Hi , Just wanted to tell you all about our recent stay at the AKL.
We arrived on Dec 5th and checked out on Dec 7th . We did not have park tickets only Dec 5th MVMCP tickets. We arrived to the AKL at approx. 10am and our room was ready. It was #4506 on the Zebra Trail. Check in was very fast and effecient . This place is incredible ! it was a long walk from where we parked ( with our stuffed suitcase ) to the Zebra Trail Elevators ! our room was on the right hand side of the Trail - I would ask for an Odd #'d room next time as you might have a better chance to see diffferent animals and one on floor # 3 .These rooms are nicely themed. I love the wallpaper in the vanity area . the bathroom part was a bit cramped. Meg and Kyle loved the bunk beds ( that means nobody shared or slept on the floor! ) I did not think that they were too dark , I was able to read in bed while the kids watched TV .When we went on the balcony we could see ankole cattle, bongo, blesbok, 3 Giraffe and some birds. We went down to the pool and kids were very excited to see a slide ! they made friends and were busy sliding away the afternoon. We didn't do any of the free activites ?! Our first night we had to leave to go to MVMCP - which i should have brought our PONCHO's that i brought from home but ended up buying the yellow mickey ones that everyone else had one as that was the night it decided to downpour ALL NIGHT ( they cancelled the 10:40 parade which was the only parade we were going to see!! boo hoo !! ) On Dec 6th (friday) it was cold and overcast so no swimming . MY DD ( who is 9 ) go her hair wrapped and we played in the arcade . At 5 pm I checked them into Simba's Clubhouse - so i could shop at DTD ! There were 3 very nice ladies and 3 other kids there already . i was given a beeper and asked to sign up for dinner choices and asked what time i would be back to get them . It was the best $20.00 per hour i spent the entire trip !~ I sure needed that mommy time alone !! I was back to get them at 8 pm and they wanted to stay.! they said they played video games made some crafts and played toys with the other kids. I met some really nice ladies on the bus home from DTD ( it was a mother daugher trip All grown ladies -- how fun ! ) . We ate in the Mara for lunch and I tried the sugar cane chicken ( never again - i just didn't like it ) kids had chicken fingers and burgers they were very good . We ate at Boma's for the buffet breakfast and that was AWESOME !!! lots of choices for all of us and we left feeling very full. Oh it was a long walk to the bus stop!!
All in All it was very nice here but not sure if we will stay there again. Hope this helps someone.. Michelle

Thank you for your review! :) I'm thinking about staying at AKL for part of my next trip to WDW, it looks like such an awesome place.

Welcome home!

I'm glad that you had such a good time. Thanks for sharing your review with us.

Thanks for your thoughts on AKL. Can you tell me why you might not stay there again? I'm trying to decide where to stay. I'm considering AKL. Welcome back!

Hi , I don't think i would stay there only because i felt very far away from everything . It was a beautiful resort with awesome themeing . but i felt out of the loop . I may end up there again if my DD had anything to say about it .. she sat for at least 3 hours one day on the balcony just watching the animals..( she is 9 )
I hope this helps - it was a wonderful experience . Thanks Michelle

Bigsis1970, your vacation sounded lovely. Thanks for sharing your trip report with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter