Our Stay At OKW

DVCJman

Hilton Head DVC Owner
We had a great stay at OKW this year. As reported earlier there was no problem in registering early and getting our grand villa in the early afternoon. The villa was fine, no problems other that there appeared to be one spot high up on the wall that looked like someone had spit on the wall with tobacco/dip...just a small spot, about the size of a quarter. All things were found in the kitchen, bathrooms were clean and spotless too, and the villa was great.

We were down in building 19, next to the pool, and near the bus stop. Last year we had a villa along the golf course. One thing I would hope to get in the future will be a villa along the golf course again. Reason being is that the golfers are not out lounging around the course and making noise at midnight. A couple of nights, there were some people out around the pool area and being a bit loud, but that is OK too....I would just prefer to have a bit quieter area for the evenings.

Ten people in our group and visiting the parks was no problem at all using the bus system. Several first timers to WDW were in the group and they loved the bus system. Only had a long wait one day when two members of the group were trying to get from Downtown Disney back to OKW.

One thing that was impressive to see was two maintenance men cleaning the pool area with a pressure washer....they left no area uncleaned....they even took apart the towel bin container and cleaned it inside and out. When they finished it was spotless.

Also, in going to other resorts for pool hopping or meals there was no problem in parking. Even had the security guard at the Contemporty said, "Glad you are here, stay as long as you want." No three-hour parking permits were ever given to me. Each said our OKW resort parking permit was all that was needed. In the past I have been given grief in parking sometimes. Lava pool at the Poly is great....called the front desk at the Poly before we went and were told we were certainly welcomed and to please come and enjoy.....no problems with Stormalong Bay either. I felt that we were in good standing as DVC members with the other resorts. NICE!!

Finally, it didn't rain Mon-Thursday at WDW last week....can you believe it?

Can't wait to go back.....

Hey we were in building 20 also the only thing about the pressure washing they started awful early LOL

Glad you had a good trip! We stayed at OKW in March (our home is BWV) and I loved it! Wish I was going back sooner than November!

DVCJman wrote:
Lava pool at the Poly is great....called the front desk at the Poly before we went and were told we were certainly welcomed and to please come and enjoy.....no problems with Stormalong Bay either. I felt that we were in good standing as DVC members with the other resorts. NICE!!
Sometimes on this board, it seems we only hear about problems with pool hopping -- usually involving some sort of miscommunication or misunderstanding. I imagine that DVCJman's experiences are actually much more typical.

DVCJman, thank you for reminding us that pool hopping can be a very enjoyable benefit of staying at DVC resorts with DVC points.

We stayed in Bldg 20 last October in a 1BR. We were right beside the pool. No golf course view. Our DD and family were next door to us in a 2 BR and their three kids liked the pool right outside their door.
We would prefer the golf course or water view.

Thank you for sharing information form your Grand Villa stay at OKW. Glad t oread you all had an enjoyable stay.

We'll be at OKW next May. What's the golf course like? Can't wait!!!

Golf course is nice, with lots of water....it is a good test of golf for sure.....

We were there same time. and from your posts earlier, we looked at your building when the bus did a Miller Rd stop and thought of you. The weather was grand and OKW was as perfect as it usually is. We are looking foward to next trip in six weeks!! Glad you stay was magical too!!

Thanks Niagara2....we did have a great time....everything was good as can be at OKW....loved it...where were you staying?

I'm glad you wrote, DVCJMan. I read the boards and sometimes get very distressed at all the negative stuff I read. I too have had nothing but wonderful experiences since joining the DVC in 1997. If I have had an occasional minor problem with the room, supplies etc, I have just called the appropriate person and it has always been taken care of quickly,politely, and efficiently! Your idea of calling the hotel in advance to ask about the pool situation was a good one. Sometimes it helps to be able to say "Well, I spoke to so and so who said this wouldn't be a problem" if you get to another pool and encounter a problem once you're there.

Glad you had a great trip!!!Betcha can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Disney Doll...

We did have a good trip and a very good time there. The Lava Pool at the Poly is a lot of fun, try to check it out the next time you are there. As far as calling ahead, I think that is the recommended practice as stated by DVC, so I am not really that smart....

Anytime we have felt that something wasn't within the norm we have called to get it checked or fixed. I have always felt that when I left I wanted everything to be in working order so that the next person to use the villa should have less to worry about....

Good luck on your next trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter