Our Thanksgiving trip dining reviews, with pics! New...Day 3

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
When preparing for our trip I got so many helpful hints from these boards I wanted to repay that favor.

For our 11/18-11/25 trip it was Me & DH, both in our late 30s, and our kids 13,11 & 11. When planning this trip I agonized about the DDP. I ran the numbers up, down, and back up again. The main sticking point for me is that my 11yos are considered adults, yet they would never, ever eat that much food. Then when we got closer to the trip Disney introduced their new healthier menus. Instead of agonizing I was panicking, when reviewing the menus from everyone’s reports I knew my kids wouldn’t eat a lot of it. Luckily, the panicking was unnecessary.

Day 1 - Le Cellier.

There have been a lot of good and bad reports about Le Cellier. For us, the meal was superb! We had 4:30 ADRs, but was as LeCellier at 4pm. I asked to be seated earlier, but there was nothing available, so we came back at 4:30. Our server was John, he was friendly, polite, and attentive. We asked for extra pretzel bread when we were seated, and received it. The kids sodas glasses were never empty.

I had the Cheese soup
IMG_0295.jpg

the Seared King Salmon
IMG_0297.jpg

and the Creme Brulee Duo

DH had the Caesar Salad,
IMG_0294.jpg

Mushroom filet,
IMG_0298.jpg

and berry cobbler.

My 13yo had the7oz Filet Mignon with the sauce on the side
IMG_0300.jpg

and smores.
IMG_0307.jpg

It was his first filet Mignon, and he is hooked! He raved that he has never had a better steak. This from a 13yo!

My 11yo son had the kids hotdog
IMG_0299.jpg

and my daughter had the kids steak.
IMG_0301.jpg

Both had smores for dessert and enjoyed their meals.

Everything was delicious, and we would eat here again!
Total cost for dinner plus tip $170.00

After dinner we walked around world showcase waiting for IllumiNations. It was chilly so we had 4 hot cholocates, 1 coffee, 2 pretzels and a free box of popcorn.

Total cost for snacks $21.25.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

That was a great report!

The cheese soup looks so good! My boyfriend loved the cheese soup when he was at WDW last month. I'm looking forward to going to WDW with him so I can try it, too! Even though I'm full from dinner tonight, the picture of the cheese soup made me hungry! :)

Thanks for the review & the pics! Glad to hear good news about Le Cellier!

Day 2 - 11/19. Completely forgot to take pictures of any of our meals

Started out with breakfast at the temporary Captain Cook’s location. The server was rude, the location small and the tables limited. We had a blueberry muffin, a breakfast platter (eggs, sausage, potatoes & a biscuit), Mickey waffles with strawberry sauce, 2 cereals, a cinnamon bun, 4 milks and a coffee.

Total $29.07

Lunch was split at 2 places. My 11yo son had a hot dog, chip & soda combo and my 14yo son had a hotdog.

Total $11.25.

The rest of us ordered from Pecos Bills. We had a bacon double cheeseburger and an extra bun (my daughter & I split this), a cheeseburger, and extra side of fries, 3 sodas and a water.

Total $25.79

Snack for me, Dole Whip $4.25

DH had a coffee $2.12

Dinner at Kona Café. I was a little concerned about eating here since they had implemented the new kids menu. My 11yos didn’t like anything on either the kids OR adult menu. Luckily we were able to order plain cheese pizza.

I had the shrimp & scallops. It was excellent.

DH had the caesar salad and Asian prime rib. He really enjoyed his steak.

My 13yo had the Pan Asian pasta. He wasn’t crazy about it, but ate most of it.

The 11yos had the same thing, chicken noodle soup & cheese pizza.

I would have liked to try the brulee here, but there was no room for dessert and we were never able to get back to Kona to try it.

Total with tip $110.53

Snack while watching SpectroMagic, 2 churros and a lollipop.

Total $8.75.

Day 3...11/20. This was our snacking day. Again no pics for some reason.

Breakfast - Captain Cooks at the new location. Tons of management on hand for the opening. Everything was clean and neat. The kiosks are very easy to use. WE had 2 breakfast platters, a Mickey waffle with bacon, 2 cereals, 2 cinnamon buns, coffee, 3 milks and an OJ.

Total...$36.19

2 frozen blue drinks from Club Cool...$7.01

Lunch - Electric Umbrella - 3 chicken strip combos, fries with cheese sauce, 2 cokes, 2 sprites & a water.

Total...$34.61

Snack - Kringla Bakery - YUMMY 1 Chocolate chunk cookie, 1 slice chocolate cake, 1 school bread & a coffee.

Total... $9.97

Snack (again) - France Bakery - 1 apple turnover, 1 cake of the day (some type of chocolate cake), 1 chocolate eclair & a quiche loraine.

Total...$17.26

Dinner - Backlot Express - 2 hot dog with fries, 1 double cheeseburger with fries, an extra bun, chocolate milk, 2 cokes & 2 hot chocolates.

Total...$30.58

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter