Our trip to WDW and USA

We were in Florida for ei days last week and I'm so behind on everyone's TR's. After updating my own yesterday, I'm trying to catch up. As I'm telling everyone, I'm reading all the updates but not making many comments or I'll never catch up. I am still enjoying your TR.

I'm glad you're still enjoying my TR :)

3.March

Today we went to Indian Pueblo Cultural Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

We learned the difference between Navajo Indians and Pueblo Indians. Pueblo Indians have always lived in houses made of clay in small cities and grown grains. The Navajo Indians hunts and are warriors.

We got to see their art and we got to try weaving. We also got to see how the pueblo Indians have developed. As late as 1990 they got their own schools where the lessons was in their own language. Before 1990 the government tried to get them to speak only English.

We also got to see some Indian dancing and singing.

8660535511_8e3f29b04c.jpg

8660535627_ffc3aa68f5.jpg

We had lunch at the Cultural Center before we continued to Amarillo. When we were going to order our lunch we debated what we would eat. Our plan was to go to Big Texan Steak Ranch to have dinner. So I said it wouldn't be wise to have a large lunch.

We ended up ordering a small Indian breakfast. We thought it was big.

8661636106_0d1ee9dcaf.jpg

When we were done we went to Amarillo. We lost one hour because of the time zone. So we checked in at our motel around 07.30pm. Then we went to Big Texan Steak Ranch.

8661636522_98881db102.jpg

8661636428_3ff45f6e06.jpg

At the Big Texan Steak Ranch you can get a 72 oz steak and if you eat it in under 60 minutes you get it for free.

8661636192_7a111947b4.jpg

We didn't bother to take on that challenge. So we ordered a 20 oz T-bone steak. That is twice as much as we are used to get back home.

8660537793_8bae99d876.jpg

No one had taken on the challenge to eat the 72 oz steak while we were there. So that's why all the clocks was on 60 minutes

8660535885_b0de9122f2.jpg

There was a geocache located here, but we didn't bother to try to find it in the dark. So after we were done eating and so chock full that we could barely walk :rotfl: we went back to our room.

4.March

We went back to Big Texan Steak Ranch to find the geocache that is hidden there. We found this

8663791898_22f5faf25b.jpg

After finding the geocache we went to The Route 66 Historic District this is a streat that they have kept as it was back in the 1960's.

8662693325_462d0697ee.jpg

8663792064_c08c9df922.jpg

The picture above is an Philips 66 gas station from 1920 when Route 66 opened.

We then went to a Route 66 museum in Clinton, Oklahoma.
8663792146_41dc930beb.jpg

It was interesting to learn about the history of Route 66.

We stayed at a Super 8 in Oklahoma for the night.

5.March

We are now 2 days before our original plan. So today we decided to go into 3 new states just to get some geocaches. We went to Columbus, Kansas then to Joplin, Missouri and Fort Smith, Arkansas.

We found, among others this geocache.

8663792228_65b2a88589.jpg

I own a cache just like this back home. Sadly it was destroyed when they felled a lot of trees while we were in the USA. I got an e-mail from a geocacher that had found my cache in a thousand pieces on the ground among all the trees that was sawn down :(

What a wonderful trip you had! I've seen many of the things you saw but certainly not all in one trip. What wonderful memories you have made! You have seen more of the world than I can even imagine. I'm really enjoying your trip. Ruth

What a wonderful trip you had! I've seen many of the things you saw but certainly not all in one trip. What wonderful memories you have made! You have seen more of the world than I can even imagine. I'm really enjoying your trip. Ruth

Some of the places I have visit before as a child. It was fun to see those places again. I'm glad you're enjoying my trip report :)

Sorry I fell behind on your TR again!

I love hearing all about where you went, what you did and what you learned. Like Ruth said - you've seen and done many more things than I will ever see, and it's just amazing to follow along with you. :)

The pictures are all gorgeous too.

D~

Sorry I fell behind on your TR again!

I love hearing all about where you went, what you did and what you learned. Like Ruth said - you've seen and done many more things than I will ever see, and it's just amazing to follow along with you. :)

The pictures are all gorgeous too.

D~

Thank you for following along. We did see and do a lot in a very short time. I know that we could do the same route again and still only see new things. There are so much to see and do.

6.March

Today we drove straight to Memphis, Tennessee from Fort Smith, Arkansas. We wanted to visit a few museums in Memphis so we had to get there as early as possible :)

We went to the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis. The museum is located at the place where Martin Luther King Jr. was killed.
We learned a lot at this museum. It was very interesting to read about Martin Luther King Jr. and the investigation after he got shot.

We got early to our motel today. In the evening we went on Beale Street in Memphis to get something to eat. We got to BB King's Blues Club at around 07.00 pm. It turned out that it was too early to hear any live music at the club. We both had the Filet Mignon. It was AMAZING. This is the best food we have eaten on our trip.

7.March

Today we started our day by going to Sun Studio where Elvis Presley started his career.

8684222710_9e13af1a64.jpg

Here is a picture of Sam Phillips who started Sun Studios.

After a tour at the Sun Studio we went to Nashville, Tennessee. Our plan was to visit another Studio the RCA Studio. But on our way to Nashville we found a museum in Tennessee about the Civil War. So we went there and didn't get the time to visit RCA Studio. It was interesting learning about the battle between the south and north.

8.March

Today we decided to go a little north in the USA so we could get geocaches in two new states.
So today we visited Kentucky and Virginia.
Earlier in the week the storm Saturn had been in Virginia. But now the storm is near Washington DC so we decided that it was not a problem to visit Virginia today.

We were a little anxious about the route and if we were going to have snow on the roads. But we knew that if we got snow we could always drive south again.

It turned out to be no problem driving in Kentucky and Virginia so we didn't have to worry.

We went to Williamsburg, Kentuckey where we found 2 geocaches.
We then went to Cumberland Gap and then to Pennington Gap. It is the place where you can pass through The Appalachian Mountains.

6.March

Today we drove straight to Memphis, Tennessee from Fort Smith, Arkansas. We wanted to visit a few museums in Memphis so we had to get there as early as possible :)

We went to the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis. The museum is located at the place where Martin Luther King Jr. was killed.
We learned a lot at this museum. It was very interesting to read about Martin Luther King Jr. and the investigation after he got shot.

Such a sad time I remember that day well

We got early to our motel today. In the evening we went on Beale Street in Memphis to get something to eat. We got to BB King's Blues Club at around 07.00 pm. It turned out that it was too early to hear any live music at the club. We both had the Filet Mignon. It was AMAZING. This is the best food we have eaten on our trip.

7.March

Today we started our day by going to Sun Studio where Elvis Presley started his career.

8684222710_9e13af1a64.jpg

Here is a picture of Sam Phillips who started Sun Studios.

After a tour at the Sun Studio we went to Nashville, Tennessee. Our plan was to visit another Studio the RCA Studio. But on our way to Nashville we found a museum in Tennessee about the Civil War. So we went there and didn't get the time to visit RCA Studio. It was interesting learning about the battle between the south and north.

How awesome to go to TN I am a BIG Elvis fan, saw him once in concert :faint: he was more gorgeous in person than any picture I have ever seen Too bad you didn't get to go to Graceland I heard its pretty amazing...One of these years I'll get there

We decided that Graceland probably was full of tourists and therefor we skipped it. We learned a lot at the tour at Sun Studios :)

We decided that Graceland probably was full of tourists and therefor we skipped it. We learned a lot at the tour at Sun Studios :)

Next time you get over here I would definitely do it, as long as it's NOT in Jan (BD) or Aug (Anniv/death) and you should be fine..that's what I've heard anyway

So how is the weather now ? Were you born in your country? I feel like I know nothing about you and would love to get to know you better

Next time you get over here I would definitely do it, as long as it's NOT in Jan (BD) or Aug (Anniv/death) and you should be fine..that's what I've heard anyway

So how is the weather now ? Were you born in your country? I feel like I know nothing about you and would love to get to know you better

The weather is all over the place now a days ;) Yesterday the sun was shining for a while, then it got cloudy. And then it started to snow. Today it's cloudy and a little rain/snow in the air.

I'm born and have grown up in Norway. I was born outside of Oslo. My parents studied in Oslo back then. When they were done studying we moved back to Tromsø where I live now.

Then my dad decided to study economy in the USA for a year. So the whole family (my pregnant mom, my younger sister and me) moved to Madison, Wisconsin for a year. My youngest sister was born in Madison, Wisconsin.

5 years later my dad was asked if he could work for a month or so in Managua, Nicaragua. He said yes and the whole family moved there (he is an economist). Well one month got to be two, then three and before we knew it we had been living in Managua, Nicaragua for 1\2 a year.

On our way home from Nicaragua we stopped by Miami, Florida USA to visit my mothers cousin and her family and we visited WDW for 4 days. That's the last time I was in WDW before this trip.

I'm born with Cerebral Palsy so after High School I tried to study at the university but soon found out that I couldn't follow the lessons. So then I had to try different studies so that the social system could find out how much I was able to work or if I need to go into disability benefits. After 10 years in the system they finally found out that I was not able to work and I needed disability benefits. In the process they also found out that I have ADD.

So now I'm on disability benefits and I can control my day as needed.
These means that I can travel a lot since I have a lot of time on my hands.

My Cerebral Palsy has gotten worse over the years. Well that's not really the right way to put it because you can't get worse from having Cerebral Palsy. With Cerebral Palsy most people with the diagnosis get late effects (not sure how you would say it in english).

I have struggled with back pain since I was 11 years old. A few years a go I finally found out that I could use a wheelchair to relieve my back and the pain would not be so bad. So now I use my wheelchair when I have to move over a long distance. I don't use the wheelchair inside my home. And I don't use it if I'm only going to one of the smaller stores.

I also have an assistant now that help me do things at home that is difficult for me to do on my own or if I get more back pain from doing what needs to be done.

I love to travel. So I travel a lot. My friend and assistant travel to London almost once a year. We often travel to Spain once a year where my parents haves an apartment.

Last year my friend bought a mobile home. So we took my 3 cats with us in the mobile home and drove through half of Sweden and through Norway. It was a fun trip.

This year we wanted to complete the geocache calendar and find geocaches on the days we hadn't found a geocache before. So that's one of the reasons we decided to visit USA and WDW in February/March.

Now we only have 14 days left to find a geocache on so then we decided to travel to Rome, Italy for 14 days.

I have never been in Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen so in one week we are going to Spitsbergen for a few days.

My friend is from North of Sweden so we often drive to Sweden to visit his family.

I hope I didn't bore you with all this :) Please ask if you have any questions :)

Oh you didn't bore me at all :goodvibes I love your spirit A dear friend of mine has MS and he is a lot like you not letting it get him down I admire that :)

What an interesting life and I envy all the travel It is my fondest hope & desire to get to Italy myself some day My paternal grandfather was born in Sicily I would also love to go to Scotland my maternal grandfather was born in Glasgow Germany is also on the list my Dad was stationed there in the 1950s in the Army You would have liked him, he loved to visit areas off the beaten track, spent his off days hanging with the locals, avoiding most touristy areas he was a fun guy :goodvibes

I may WANT to do these things but as you know my real passion, and calling in life, is animals but the downside (very small downside really) is you are basically tied to home base Guess I'll have to "see" all these areas through travel channels, peoples trip reports, and then of course there is always Epcot :rotfl:

Enjoying your writing style thanks for sharing

O
I may WANT to do these things but as you know my real passion, and calling in life, is animals but the downside (very small downside really) is you are basically tied to home base Guess I'll have to "see" all these areas through travel channels, peoples trip reports, and then of course there is always Epcot :rotfl:

Enjoying your writing style thanks for sharing

With cats it's not that easy to travel a lot either. But it's a lot easier to travel when having cats than if I had dogs or horses :)

Thankfully my mom helps me taking care of the cats when I go away for more than 3 days. For the most part my cats stays at home and my mother stops by and fill their water and food bowl and cuddle a little with them if they want to.

When I went on my USA trip my cats stayed at my parents house since it was for so a long time.

Soon we are going to celebrate 17th May which is Norway's national day.

In august my youngest sister is getting married in Manchester, England. I will travel there and after the wedding I'm going to Dublin, Ireland for a few days. Everyone else (my parents and grandmother) are going to travel around Manchester before the wedding. So I have to stay at home to take care of my cats. But after the wedding everyone is going back home so then my mom can take care of my cats for a few days while I go to Dublin.

On top of this my friend and assistant wants to visit his family (mother and sister) in Sweden. So instead of me being without an assistant at home I travel with him. We're driving to Sweden a few days after we come home from Spitsbergen (Svalbard)

9.March

Today we started by driving from Kingsport, Tennessee to Asheville in North Carolina. We drove through the Apalachee Mountains. It was no problem driving through the mountains.

When we got to South Carolina we could see and feel that we had come futher south again. The air was warmer and the trees and grass was greener than further north.

We drove all the way to Savannah in Georgia. We arrived in Savannah late and it got even later because of the time zone we had come into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter