Our trip to where a penny costs 51 cents!! 11/10 Update

Gondingl

All you need is Pixie Dust
Welcome to my trip report that goes with this pre-report. So you don't have to reread that, I'll re-introduce all the main characters:

My and My DBF, Chris.

My Mom and Dad

My Sister and her boyfriend.

My friend Lindsey and her husband

And last, but certainly not least, my friend Chels.

Day 1: Traveling to the World, DTD, and Flying Fish

My first day of Disney, started with the alarm clock making quite the ruckus at 6 AM. I was awake before it went off because - to quote a Disney commercial -"I'm too excited to sleep!" I ran around getting myself and some last minute things ready before my Dad picked up DBF and myself.

We had one stop on our way to CVG: to drop our puppy Sophie off at my friend's house who graciously offered to Sophie-sit. This is a pic of Sophie who was very concerned that morning on why our stuff and her stuff were packed away and sitting by the front door.

Eventually we made it to CVG with out any major hiccups or forgetting anything. We got on the plane and we were literally sitting in the back of the bus - not ideal but not bad. Until we started flying. Once our flight took off, the plane started making a great deal of rattling noise. I was greatly concerned that something was going to go flying off mid-flight.

Good news! Nothing did. That I know of...

Once we got to MCO we took the fake-o-rail to the main lobby and went shopping at the DISNEY store! Cause why not. I also sent DBF off to get me a coffee which he happily (ha!) did as it was something to do while we waited!:rotfl2:

Wait for what you ask? Chel's flight was arriving 20 minutes after ours and she asked if we would wait for her to get on the DME. So we did! Shortly after DBF brought me some coffee, she called and said she was on the fake-o-rail which only meant - time to go to Disney World! Wait. Scratch that. That meant it was time to wait on the DME!!

However, we had a Disney cruise line bus which lead to many people joking as they got on - "Did we win a cruise too?!", sadly we did not.

Waiting…. and then finally I heard the bus driver closing up the luggage doors!!

That is a face of pure excitement folks.

Shh! Don't tell the DBF I put this one up! I promised I wouldn't post on social media… never promised I wouldn't post to the DIS! :lmao:

So we watched the DME video - cute - and then proceeded to drop off our fellow passengers at 5 different hotels until only us and one other family remained. Finally we pulled up to the BoardWalk! Got our stuff and raced to check in. After waiting in line we got the good news that our rooms were ready - but we also got the bad news that there were only two one-bedroom villas 'near' each other on the first floor. :( Not the top floor like I had requested. :confused3

Once we got to our rooms, I rushed to see what our view was. Well, I was so sad with 'the view' I couldn't even take a picture. However, I can paint a picture for you Dis-readers, sit back and relax, close your eyes and imagine a very large shrub. This is not very well groomed shrub, a bit overgrown. And just beyond the shrub a mouse-keeping cart. The end. :sad2:

So I closed the shades and tried not to cry. I took a few pictures of the room. And by few, I mean two…

Towel Mickey!

The living room area (with shades closed). Once I got to the bathroom I stopped taking pictures. It wasn't updated and it was dirty. Really dirty. So called it quits on the picture taking and we headed to Downtown Disney for lunch!

*side note: ordered food from Garden Grocer which was a great service. Everything was there waiting for us upon check in. Bell Service kept the items that needed to be kept cold in a refrigerator until they were delivered! **

Up Next: Downtown Disney lunch and Flying Fish dinner!

I gave my companions two choices for lunch – Wolfgang Puck Express or T-Rex and they both picked…..

T-REX!!!!

So we hoped on a Disney bus headed for DTD (a 15 minute ride) and then proceeded to make our way through the masses for T-Rex. None of us have dined there so we weren't quite sure which line to hop in. Turns out we joined the wrong one - you know the one IN the restaurant… silly us…. So instead of waiting even longer at the line outside of the restaurant, we asked the Cast Member if we could just grab 3 seats at the bar. She said yes, as long as it was at the bar and not at a table (which were all open). :worship: This is what I highly recommend doing if you're hungry and have a small group - sit at the bar! Plus this is your view:

After taking in the sights we got to ordering. I ordered a Caveman punch for my beverage and a Bronto burger. Chel got a large Yuengling and a Guac-asaurus burger. DFB, after much disbelief over the prices (apparently he wasn’t ready for Disney pricing even with my warnings) ordered a large Yuengling and the T-Rexadillas with just the dilla, chicken and cheese (he is a simple guy). Nothing special to write home about the caveman punch – kind of like a weak rum punch. The burger was good but huge and, the waffle fries it comes with were outstanding. I tried DBF’s dilla, I didn’t like it; it was pretty plain tasting (granted that’s how he wanted it) but it was soggy… All in all, cute place mainly because of the theming.

After lunch we did some shopping at the lego store.

We also browsed the Disney store and I couldn’t find one thing. Not one. So we went to the Christmas shop, got an ornament and made our way back to the BoardWalk.

Oh we also saw a Sophie-look-a-like. But it wasn’t her.

After getting back to the hotel we headed to the check in counter again. Forgot to claim the amazon box I shipped to the hotel containing Chel’s air-bed. Only to find it was at the convention center but they were closed… However, the nice cast member made a request for it to be picked up and delivered to our room! YAY Chels wouldn’t have to sleep on the floor! After that we proceeded to the room where Chels and I decided to head to the pool to test out the creepy Clown slide while Chris decided to test out the bed and take a nap. Ha!

This is the part where I forgot my camera was water proof and left it in the room. Many apologies. :rolleyes1 Thus I have no pictures of the slide. But rest assured, it is fast and twisty and ensures that you go completely underwater upon exiting the slide and entering the pool.

After pool time, my parents called me to say they were on the ME! I wished them luck that it wouldn’t take as long as ours took. We proceeded to get ready for dinner at the Flying Fish Café. For dinner I wore a long green skirt, purple top and this hair bow:

Shortly after getting ready, Mom and Dad showed up! The three of us trekked to their room and noticed that the AC was not working and because of it had a funky odor… So the 5 of us went to the ‘kids’ room to have a glass of wine prior to dinner. Lindsey and her husband called saying they would have to meet us at dinner because they had hit some pretty bad traffic. So we headed to the Flying Fish. We had to wait a few minutes and during that wait time Lindsey and her husband showed up! It is always so nice to see them (Lindsey and I have been friends since we were in 7th grade!) and even nicer when the meet ups are in Disney!!

We had a great dinner, DBF and I split the duo with a side of macaroni and cheese. The waitress warned us that we shouldn’t order too many mac’s because they were family size (we apparently ordered the third one for the table). Well no worries, we finished all of them! Ha! DBF was wearing his birthday button so we got to have a small celebration as well that night!

Here are some more pictures that show the room that we were in better

And my mom, being my mom :)

Up next: Day 2: Epcot/ Food & Wine!

The second day, but our first actual day for the parks, had us leaping out of bed at 6:45 ready to have some fun! It was EMH at DHS and thus being Chris’s favorite park, we wanted to take advantage. We went down to the BoardWalk and boarded a Friend Ship which then took us to the Yacht Club; then to Swan/Dolphin…. What do you mean one more stop that isn’t DHS?!

Finally our captain said DHS was next!

We never made that mistake again and just got on and off at the Dolphin. After exiting we ran straight to – STAR TOURS!! Walked right on. :cool1:

DBF LOVED it. I’ve never seen the movies and I think its an okay ride. The stationary-moving vehicle rides tend to make me a bit queasy so I found myself wishing it was over fairly early on in the ride. Plus I thought it was a bit hot in the ‘vehicle’ which probably didn’t help to queasiness either.

After that we tried to do RRC but it had a 40 minute wait time which wasn’t going to work because we had some FP+ plans…

So we left DHS, hitched a ride on a Friend Ship to Dolphin and exited to meet up with the rest of the gang to head to the International Gateway for EPCOT!

Just kidiing! Insert a change of plans! As we got off the Friend Ship at the Dolphin/Swan to walk to BW, my dad called telling me we had to pack up our stuff because we were switching rooms. Their AC was still not working so the BW found us 2 one-bedroom villas close together on THE 5TH FLOOR!! YAY! This was our new view

Oh happy view

Nighttime view

After that, there was no way we were going to make it to our Spaceship Earth FP+ so I scheduled us to do that ride later in the day. Eventually, around 10:30, we finally headed to EPCOT!!

Everyone going through the gates for the first time… (well the first time this trip)

We then proceeded to board some clamshells! They boys, made some un-Disney like comments about the clam-mobiles… Tisk tisk…

Then we were swallowed alive by a shark!!!

Mike also became a snack for the shark trying to save us! :rotfl2:

After that, we went and watched the Manatees get their lunch on.

These sweet guys reminded us that we were hungry as well. So we proceeded to Sunshine Season to use our Magic Bands for the dining plan for the first time. Mom and Dad very skeptical on how it was going to work out but everything was just! Added bonus, Dad and Mom enjoyed their counter service meals! I was nervous about the counter service for them because they normally like to do table service for all their Disney meals but when the dining plan is free you roll with it! After reading about this for a while on disneyfoodblog.com I got this beauty as my dessert and she was so yummy!!

Coming up next, Soarin! Test Track and the Ball!

Okay...back and caught up. First let me say that Sophie is adorable.

That plane noise...I would have been wanting off the plane (I hate flying to begin with).

We've yet to have the cruise bus. I like the old video better.

That's terrible that your room was dirty. Did you go and report it? Our first stay there we had a view of very tall bushes (but then it was a short trip and I knew we wouldn't be out on the balcony anyway).

We've never done T-Rex, but that is good advice on the bar seating.

I'm confused. Why did you go the Studios for just one ride? And you know you can walk there from the Boardwalk, right (I just posted that update in my TR...our walk from BW to the Studios).

Much nicer view on the room change.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: you are at Epcot. I love the Nemo ride, and we spend a lot of time with the manatees. I have to remember to tell Mark about that dessert...he would love it (I don't do strawberries).

Okay...back and caught up. First let me say that Sophie is adorable.

That plane noise...I would have been wanting off the plane (I hate flying to begin with).

We've yet to have the cruise bus. I like the old video better.

That's terrible that your room was dirty. Did you go and report it? Our first stay there we had a view of very tall bushes (but then it was a short trip and I knew we wouldn't be out on the balcony anyway).

We've never done T-Rex, but that is good advice on the bar seating.

I'm confused. Why did you go the Studios for just one ride? And you know you can walk there from the Boardwalk, right (I just posted that update in my TR...our walk from BW to the Studios).

Much nicer view on the room change.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: you are at Epcot. I love the Nemo ride, and we spend a lot of time with the manatees. I have to remember to tell Mark about that dessert...he would love it (I don't do strawberries).

Hi! :welcome: Hope all is well with your family and thanks for reading! And Sophie says thanks too!!

I did report the dirty room right before our Flying Fish ADR and asked for a very thorough cleaning the next morning - the CM was super apologetic about it. No clue if it was actually cleaned though, because we got our new room the next morning! :cool1:

We went to DHS to try and get two rides out of the way - DFB's favorite and the RnRC but the line was just too long to wait; fearing we'd miss our FP+ I made us leave. This was still when I was on the "We must follow the plans!!!" part of the vacation, which I changed shortly after that :blush: And we took the boat only because I hadn't finished my morning coffee and there is no walking before coffee for this gal. We walked there the rest of the time.

Yea for the new rooms! Pretty View!

The view was so lovely, definitely got dusted with Pixi dust!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I am very happy to say that Lindsey and Mike welcomed their baby girl into the world this weekend! A happy and healthy baby girl and mom is doing just fine! :hug:

Back to where I finished…

After I finished that delicious strawberry short cake, we still had a few minutes to kill before we could ride Dad’s ultimate Disney ride: Soarin’. So we hopped onto The Land – I remember when this ride used to not have a line at all! Not anymore, we waited about 20 minutes to get on.

Then we headed to the rides of all rides (according to my Dad) SOARIN! Or as he pronounces it, Soaring. Apparently the movie before the ride also pronounces it this way…

Then we had a FP+ date with this beautiful sight:

Getting into our vehicles…

Then I think I napped for a bit because there were no pictures until this appeared…

Whoo hoo! Its always exciting to see what your future hold for you!!

“Hm they must have gotten a super clear picture of us!”

Or no floating heads picturel! Bummer. We were okay with it because it was time to head over to TEST TRACK!!! I didn’t take a picture of any of the build your car part because Lindsey and I were too busy building our cars! We had the worst performing car except for in the speed category… Mike and Chels’s super truck won overall! Lindsey got pics, although blurry, of our cars zooming off since she couldn’t ride

After that the men had a field day in the car expo! It was so funny to see all the men gather around the cars and talk guy talk while all the women waited along the edge for them to finish ‘browsing’. Chris found where we could get our picture taken next to a random car so we did - why not! You can pick the an effect to be added to your picture and I let Chris pick because he was so excited about it and he picked the firework option! Yay! Excellent choice because adding alien faces to your picture was also an option….

After that is was time for… FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL!!

But first: PhotoPass photographers in front of the Epcot ball! Had to make the most of our Memory Maker.

Then we entered into the madness.

Complete and utterly insane madness that is Foot & Wine Festival on a Saturday afternoon. Now, I know better and shouldn’t have planned for F&W on a Saturday but everyone wanted to go to F&W our first park day. So we went. And waited. And boy did we wait.

My mom and dad wanted a margarita from La Cava so we went to the Mexico pavilion first. The line for the tequila bar was literally to the entrance doors of the pavilion!! So while Mom and Dad waited, Chels and I went and put our name in for a table – to see who would win the race. The rest of the group went to La Cantina de San Angel for some drinks and nachos. After talking to the super nice Cast Member guarding the door, watching the Disney police officer (!) guard the lines for the walk-thru bar for line cutters – we were eventually seated in the corner table we always get! I don’t have a group pic from this trip – it is on someone’s phone and I can’t figure out who has it… But here is the same corner table from our 2012 trip!

I asked our server what I should start with – didn’t want anything too sweet and he suggested the Blood Orange margarita (tequila, orange liqueur, sweet-tart mix of blood orange juice, topped with a wild berry foam, served on the rocks with a chili powder rim). I’ve heard how Disney is on a ‘foam’ kick with their drinks so I thought I’d give it ago.

It was good, not overly sweet but it didn’t taste orangey – just fruity!

Chels and Mom had a different idea on how to start the afternoon – with a tequila shot! They are brave souls…

The rest of the crew got the famous (within our family) the Jalapeño margarita described on the menu El Mayor premium silver Tequila, muddled jalapeños, fresh lime juice, cucumber and agave nectar, served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim.

Lindsey got a water ☺

After that we decided Mexico was getting a bit crowded so we headed out for Norway!!!! YAY!!! Wait. Scratch that excitement… Nothing exciting going on here anymore

Chris had, sadly, never been on the Norway ride and didn’t know what he was missing.

My mother was very confused on why they would take away such a fun ride. I told it was turning into a Frozen themed ride, she didn’t approve.

So with nothing to see besides the church turned into a Frozen museum… We headed to China!

We saw these guys

Visited the shops and on our way out we saw the Chinese acrobat artists!

They were making me nervous with all their flying around and whatnot so I had to leave.

Once we left there we started heading towards to Outpost area but Cast Members were blocking the path - the Illuminations globe was making its way out to the middle of the lake! So to kill time while we waited, we got some more PhotoPass pictures!

Us being goofy

A magic shot!

Once the bridge was lowered we made our way to the Brewer’s Collection booth. I absolutely love the Schofferhofer Grapefruit beer here, and much to my dismay, F&W decided it would only sell 6 oz beers this year. So I got two and a water and made my own beer flight ☺ while everyone else got actual beer flights.

I love this picture because it looks like Chel was falling into the bush behind her. I assure you, she was not.

After taking that picture, I noticed that this was a bay leaf tree(not sure if it is a tree, bush or shru?)! And then proceeded to check out the other plants in the Beer garden and all were herbs! Cute F&W touch!

After our beers we did some shopping in Germany. Chris is not German, nor is he little - is it funny, yes. ;)

We then noticed it was getting close to our ADR at San Angel Inn so we trekked it back to Mexico. Halfway there, everyone had to make a pit stop so naturally this also meant, take a picture for those not pit-stopping. :lmao:

Once we got back to Mexico it was time for another pit-stop for the crew, so I decided to check us into our ADR. Except I couldn’t, because I was the only one technically ‘there’ – even though the rest were already in the restaurant using the facilities.:headache: Learned our lesson with this Disney policy that no pit-stopping was to occur until we were checked in. After the group got together we were seated right away.

The Hostess Cast Member took us to the back or the restaurant, near the water for the ride and the volcano which I was very happy with because it was more quiet that way!

After pursuing the drink and dinner menu I decided on another jalapeño margarita – I really can’t get enough!

For dinner I wanted to get the most bang for my buck, being on the Disney Dining Plan, so I ordered the Traditional Mexican Dinner – Tostadas de Tinga, Tacos de Pescado and Crema Bavaria.

The first that came out, obviously, was the Tostadas de Tinga. It was pulled chicken on a tostada, refried beans, tomatillo sauce, queso fresco and sour cream. These bad boys were amazing.

Sorry the picture isn’t the best – as we all know, the lighting in San Angel is almost non-existent.

The Tacos de Pescado came next. They were described on the menu as Mahi-Mahi fish served with chipotle-lime aioli, cabbage, lime and green tomatillo sauce, all served over flour tortillas. The fish tacos were very upsetting. They were quite bland and had no consistency variation. The fish was fried so that may have been my issue – I prefer my fish to be not-fried.

Up last was the Crema Bavarie. Described on the menu as Creamy Bavarian mousse served with mixed berries, cinnamon and orange liqueur. This was also disappointed and tasted just like a heavy cream.

After dinner it was time to ride:

After our after-dinner ride we went to secure some good seats for Illuminations. It must have been THE night to have dessert parties however, because every ‘good’ spot was closed for a private party. So we camped on the bridge connecting France and England. I have no pictures of Illuminations because I sat back and enjoyed it! I do have some pre-fireworks pictures though!

After Illuminations we strolled home to get ready for a Magic Kingdom kind of day!

Great updates!

First, congrats to Lindsey and Mike on the birth of their baby girl.

I love Spaceship Earth (holds sentimental feelings for me).

I'm not surprised about the guys and their love of Test Track's showcase after the attractions. We always had the hardest time getting our kids out of there.

While I am sorry to see Malestrom go, it really needed some kind of update. I wonder if breakfast in Norway will now become centered around the Frozen characters and not the princesses?

Great photopass pictures as you walked around Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter