Our Universal Adventure - Part 4

cstocks

Earning My Ears
Cast: Me, Mom, 42
DH, Dad, 45
DD 14
DD 11

Thursday, August 16

The plan for the day was to see the things in the parks that we had missed so far. We got over to the Studios at around 8:30am, and headed back for MIB. We rode it twice in a row without waiting (without Express, either). I just loved this ride. This time I heard them say to push the red button now, and I got it both times, so I beat everybody.

We headed over to Jaws next, and got right on (again, without Express, it was still early). This was fun, and since I had just seen the movie I really enjoyed the theming of the ride.

Kongfrontation was next, then Earthquake. Both of these were enjoyable. I think I may have gotten more out of the Studios than the rest of my family since I was the only one that had seen all the movies, but they enjoyed it also. DH even rode everything there!

We went to Twister next, and DD 11 waited for us in the gift shop. A good thing, too, she hates storms and would have been really scared. We just thought it was cool.

After Twister, we went over to Nickolodeon to see the tour. We got right in with our room keys, there was a long line here. After a short tour of the studio (no shows were taping), we went to the game lab. DD 11 got picked for one of the games! When the host asked her who she was there with and who was bothering her the most that day, she said her sister, so DD 14 got to put a dog hat on and catch hot dogs in it that DD 11 and another boy were throwing. This was the highlight of the trip for DH and me! I got lots of pictures, I hope they turn out ok.

We went back to the Hard Rock Café for lunch after this and had appetizers for lunch. They were very good, and we liked the atmosphere there.

We headed back to IOA after lunch, with the intention of doing the Spiderman ride and seeing the 8th Voyage of Sinbad show, and maybe going on the coasters again. We went to Spiderman first, and got on the ride in about 10 minutes with our room keys. What a great ride! DH got a kick out of me flinching every time something came at me (yes, he even rode it)! I was going to take DD 11 on Dr. Doom again, but it was down because of lightening in the area. Sure enough, the sky looked pretty menacing, so we high-tailed it back to the hotel, and got there just in time.

After about an hour, they re-opened the pool, so we went down to the cabana again (I reserved it for both days). We only got to stay a couple of hours, because the girls and I had tickets for the Sugar Ray and Uncle Kracker concert at the Hard Rock Live at 7:00pm and we had to get ready. The Hard Rock Live is a great place for a concert. The whole downstairs is standing room only. There is a balcony with reserved seats (which is where we were, thank heavens!). The sound system and the lighting were great.

We left the concert a little early, since DH was waiting for us so we could go out to dinner. We wanted to try the Motown Café, but it was closed for a special function. So, the girls went to another movie while DH and I went to Pat O’Brian’s. I had a hurricane, which went straight to my head. I didn’t even finish it! I had a sandwich here, and DH had the jambalaya. The food was good. I don’t think they let kids in here, though, so it worked out just fine.

After the movie, we took the water taxi back to the hotel and again all fell right to sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter