Our very first booking, need to share !! ;)

julmops

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Just thought I would share my excitement with you all ...
Just booked 2 nights at Grand Californian in January in a studio ...
Very first time we are booking using our points and very very excited about it ! I booked on the dot at 1pm UK time at 7 months window and had no problem getting what I wanted ...
Will try the same next week with Aulani, I will need 8 nights this time ... Bring it on !!!

Congratulations :) We have been to GC - both the hotel and the villas. It is a wonderfully themed resort with a great location. Enjoy your stay!

Congratulations, I still remember the excitement I felt when I made my first DVC booking as a member. Hope you enjoy GC and good luck booking Aulani (we are hoping to visit next summer).

I went to the GC last year in January as well: I loved the resort!
It's wonderful to just step into California adventure through the special entry or be 5 minutes away from Disneyland.

Check the owners thread about wich requests to add to the reservation. You might get a room with theme park view that may be very special. However if noises can be a problem, avoid them instead (you would get music and sounds from the attractions that are right in front of the hotel).

If you need to do laundry, go to the check in desk and ask for tokens. DVC members get them for free, while hotel guests have to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!