Our Very Merry USO, DCL, and WDW Christmas Break!

OK, I love all your pictures from Storybook Dining :goodvibes My super unpopular take on this meal is that I refuse to do it because I loved the original Artist Point so much and am very bitter about it being changed lol.
I remembered that being your feeling about this!! I'd be bitter too if it had been my favorite. I don't always deal with Disney-change well LOL

Maybe some day if it returns especially if they keep the amazing MUSHROOM BISQUE app from the original restaurant, I'll give it a try! Oh or if my granddaughter wants to go of course lol
I LOATHE mushrooms, but actually tried the soup only because of how much I remember you loving it!! I purposely avoided any obvious pieces of mushroom, but it was pretty tasty!

And of course, grandkids can make you do anything!!! Thank God for Jimmy--he's the reason I finally got to eat in the castle!! My Mom said it was too expensive when we had gone before he was born, but when Cinderella became his #1 girl, she whipped that credit card out and was like, "book it!" :rotfl2:

Hi! remember me?

So i read and read and read some more!!!

We were picked up at my parents' house, dropped off and through security without too much time to wait before we would board. It did not matter to me that it was only 8:30 a.m. We always have a drink before we fly, and Jimmy got in on it with a root beer this morning, too.

this is why we are friends.
giphy.gif

Yes, he's 10. Yes, he's a boy. Yes, he has an American girl doll. (Actually he has 2 more at home!) He's going to be the best Dad in the world. :lovestruc

you. are. a. bad. Mom
DaringFloweryFowl-small.gif

DOLLS ARE DEMONS!

terrifying.. awful things.

They rattled and shook so hard the entire way to Cabana Bay Beach...I was really glad the ride was short LOL But it was quick and convenient, though noisy!

this is something that would happen to us..

this is the sweetest picture i have even seen

and I was DELIGHTED because I was finally able to have my first Ugly Sweater Miller Lite, which I'd been unable to track down thus far

YAY! they were all over the bars here so FUN!

Santa even came by and kicked his feet up with us.

SO STINKING AWESOME! the big guy himself! SANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

. I stormed off as I loudly said over my shoulder, "Yea, and THAT is why I spend MY money at Disney World!"

Oh. heck no. i hope you said something or sent a nasty gram?
and YES that is why!

our picture in this very lovely red brothel lit area!

I laughed a little too hard.

but listening to that giggle and seeing how happy he was to be here just made my heart smile and brought happy little tears to my eyes! Even my Dad got in on the fun. I feel like I can hear his laugh when I look at his picture.

I hope you video some of this to keep forever?!?
so precious. but i can confidently say- so far they do grow taller and fill out a lot. but you will ALWAYS see your little boy in there.. ALWAYS and they will ALWAYS be mamma's boy. just ask my 5'11 220 baby boy he will tell you he will always be a mommies boy.

More Whos from Whoville stopped by to sing carols (they made Jimmy sing and do a dance with them) and chit chat with Grandpa and Jimmy about the best place to buy and hang Who-Holiday decor. Everything was so silly and so perfectly fun.

what fantastic memories!!!!!

Plus, just look at my cute little wizard!

this is the COOLEST!!

Somehow I only took these 2 pictures!

giphy.gif

Not sure who the hitchhiker in the back was! I didn't even realize we had anyone else in the car with us until I saw this picture later!

ghost.

My little girl self was in awe to meet SHE-RA, Princess of Power!!

holy cow.
way back machine.

the intensity..
BA HA HA HA HA
:rotfl2::rotfl2:
2.) I JUST FINALLY figured out how to post the pics from Flickr without having all that annoying numbers and nonsense with my name after each one. Yay me!!

share the knowledge please!

I took zero pictures of the attraction...

tenor.gif

, Dad and I all ordered a Duff, while my Mom and Jimmy each had a Flaming Moe.

What do they all taste like?

Mickey came around from behind the bar and had me follow him over to a register in the attached food court. A TM came over and he explained the problem I had been having with the app. She opened another register for me, allowing me to skip the giant line of people waiting there to order, and after I paid brought me to a side exit off the kitchen where my order was out on a tray in my hands in less than 4 minutes!! I couldn't believe the level of customer service I received here, and it truly made me feel better about Universal as a whole than I had the previous night at the hotel!

YAY totally made up for the not so nice TM earlier!!!

Apparently my ponytail holder was coming loose, so I was trying not to lose it. My Dad complained of a sore neck after the ride, and I point you to exhibit A--the exact reason they tell you to keep your head against the head rest. And, how bout that guy behind us, just loving life?!

YES! put your head back non listener dad person!
i was going to point out "that guy" HA HA HA i love him! you now very well he was having the time of his life!!

No time for merriment. We are all business here, people.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

20191222_170547

After about 4 minutes of sitting in our perfect spot, a TM came along to inform us that WHOMP, WHOMP. The parade was cancelled. Not postponed, let's see what happens, just outright cancelled. We were so bummed :( We were wet. We were gloomy. Our feet hurt and we were now a little cranky, so we let Jimmy pick what to do next.

awwwww this is sad.
giphy.gif

Seeing my little wizard so happy made me smile and took some of the sting out of not being able to see the parade I had my hopes set on. He was enjoying the magic of the evening!

this right here! the epitome of why we keep going back.

I only took a few pictures, choosing instead to just soak in the moment there with my Mom in front of the only other castle that has ever brought me to tears just by existing!

ok ok ok. I'll give you this one.

mom checked her phone stats and it showed we had walked nearly 20,000 steps on this day....no wonder my feet hurt.

wimp.

revealed all the pruney goodness our feet had become.

UGH! this drive me bat--- crazy!!! Zack has a total sensory issue with pruney hands/feet terrible! nope nope nope

And with that, this TR will be put on hold, as I continue the next part of our adventure over on the Cruise Line board. Come on over and join me!! I'll pick up right here after the cruise portion of our trip concludes because after that, we were headed to Walt Disney World!!

WHAT...... IN............ THE......... ACTUAL............

DUCK
are you doing to me.

I am seated in the front row of DME, you get this lovely shot instead:

:rotfl2::P
I snapped a few pictures as we came through the castle because WE. WERE. HOME!

HelpfulLiveDrake-small.gif

I love this first picture so much because while he is 11 now and starting to look like such a "big" boy, here he's just my little guy.

this is really good photo.
captures it all..

You ARE a girl after my own heart! I LOVE this beer!!! LOVE!

and the Master's Cupcake.

what i would do for one of these right now

Rob and I enjoyed our grapefruit deliciousness,

YES!!! :drinking1

i'm dead

It was time for Elsa to light up Cinderella Castle (Please someone bring back the original storyline where the Fab 5 light up the castle instead!!)

SING IT! and say it louder for those in the back!
Lets start a petition! or go and protest!

It felt like I needed to clear my throat or as I kept saying, "I feel like I need to take a shot or something."

oh.. no...

Jimmy finished up his meal with this delightful treat to cap off a wonderful day of fun with his best friend!

there is nothing better.

please tell me you have this framed somewhere

I love visiting with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace. We've tried dinner before, but breakfast is definitely where it's at for us!

every time i have reserved this i had to cancel..

Why, yes, please, I WILL have an Angry Orchard with my Mickey waffles!

I thought it was paired automatically??:confused3
lol

Jimmy was SO excited that he was tall enough to drive his own car on the Tomorrowland Speedway!

oh my goodness! look at him go!

But I still made Rob go with him :rotfl::rotfl2:

jimmy won..
:D

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
so
star struck!!!

done well young padawan

Someone was just a little excited.

9eDH.gif

he is so cute!!!!!!!!!

1041620665_604324889
Vader replied with an emphatic, "NO." Jimmy laughed as we exited and said, "That's gonna be the funniest part of your report, Mommy!"

and your right Jimmy!!!
1530524475-giphy-37.gif

vader approved-
giphy.gif

but I am confident I ate my fill of tator tots from the Kid's Buffet, along with a Magic Star Cocktail, which is so sweet and delicious, and costs so much I'd never buy it if it wasn't included in the dining plan!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the dining plan! i don't understand the justification in pricing of alcohol!

.Jimmy was not so sure about this either!

OMG this face.
did he like it?

. yes, that's right THREE TIMES. #LuckyUs

well 3 is a lucky number..
just living a groundhog day!

The sun was still rising as we were arriving at the park, and it made for such a beautiful sky!

this is beautiful
i cannot wait to move there.

THIS!
cannot be more beautiful!

I hate ride tiers!)

me too... me too

I want to pinch those cheeks.
he is such a fun kid!

Kilimanjaro Safari. Jimmy's backwards hat just cracked me up, apparently so much that I had to take a picture to document it while we made our way through the line. I'll spare you the hundreds of pictures I took, most of which are blurry or have very far away tiny cheetahs in them, and just share a few that are fun!

HA HA HA HA HA

Look at you becoming a rock start photographer!

and questioning said bravery soon after...

this is one of the best ride photos ever. the whole car is hysterical!

this is the life!

the Transformation Potion. It just tastes like lemonade, but they give you a little sugary mix to stir in. It was $5 extra, but look how happy it made him!

that face?
Priceless.
i would buy it..

Lord knows what they were at this point!), it was our turn to take a picture before dessert!

She is beautful!

1043050157_605674109
Clearly, Jimmy and I did not get the memo that THIS was the moment Rob would decide to get into character for a meet and greet!

HA! love it.

That's when she mentioned that she had heard boat traffic was stopped because someone had fallen off the ferry into the Lagoon.

Holy cow your kidding! someone actually fell IN the water?
dummies.

aww Love Dis meets!
I especially love her shirt!

Rob hoisted him up (not so grown up now, are we?!) and we made our way to a waiting Pop Century bus.

Never grow up!!!!

I hope you have an amazing weekend! I have to get over to the cruise part! just not today...

200.gif

I have just joined your TR fun, and I'm loving it! I'm so sorry for your family's loss :hug:.

My daughter is 10 and loves Harry Potter. We went to Universal when she was a baby, and we didn't love it. But I do feel like we should go back because I know she would love those lands!

I have just joined your TR fun, and I'm loving it! I'm so sorry for your family's loss :hug:.

My daughter is 10 and loves Harry Potter. We went to Universal when she was a baby, and we didn't love it. But I do feel like we should go back because I know she would love those lands!
Hey Katie, you should and she would lol!

Loving all of your Storybook Dining pics and especially our shirt. Too cute. We aren't really character meal people but the food here really does look like it is something we'd enjoy.

You all certainly didn't have boat luck this evening, but glad to hear you finally made. There is no place more magical than MK at Christmas.

I hope you video some of this to keep forever?!?
so precious. but i can confidently say- so far they do grow taller and fill out a lot. but you will ALWAYS see your little boy in there.. ALWAYS and they will ALWAYS be mamma's boy. just ask my 5'11 220 baby boy he will tell you he will always be a mommies boy.
I feel like he will always be a Mama's boy, too! We spend SO much time together and he isn't sick of it yet LOL I love how your boys still love you!!! It gives me hope :)

share the knowledge please!
So when you post a picture link from flickr, it has all that long extra crap behind it. I figured out that you can delete everything starting from the word "by" to the end. It's still kind of long, but not nearly as bad!

What do they all taste like?
A flaming moe is like an orange crush that steams and bubbles. It has something to do with this stuff they put in the bottom of the cup before they pour in the pop.

OMG this face.
did he like it?
Hamburger pods at Satul'i were a hit! I had read beforehand that they taste like McDonald's burgers....they totally do!

I want to pinch those cheeks.
he is such a fun kid!
He is quite the character LOL

Look at you becoming a rock start photographer!
Oh, y'know, every now and then I have my moments. There are about 100 crap photos for every awesome one though! :)

Never grow up!!!!

I hope you have an amazing weekend! I have to get over to the cruise part! just not today...

200.gif
Thanks for reading!!! Someday soon I will hopefully get this report wrapped up, so I can do my July trip next!

Welcome!!! :) Thanks for reading along! And thanks for your kind words, too.

Hopefully I'll be getting this TR wrapped up soon, so I can write up our trips to WDW and Universal this July!

I was never in a hurry to visit Universal, but we took our son for his birthday two years ago, and have been back two more times since. It's definitely a fun place for kids who are a little older!

Loving all of your Storybook Dining pics and especially our shirt. Too cute. We aren't really character meal people but the food here really does look like it is something we'd enjoy.

You all certainly didn't have boat luck this evening, but glad to hear you finally made. There is no place more magical than MK at Christmas.
Thanks!! :) I ordered that shirt specifically for this meal...because I'm insane. Mostly I love Dopey, so I HAD to do this meal just so I could see him. I love meeting characters, but hate waiting in line for them, so character meals are totally my jam!

I wish I was spending Christmas at MK this year, but my wheels are already turning for 2021! :)

Hello!!! I know I probably keep saying this, but I am trying to get back on the boards! And I started with yours! How is school going for you guys? I hope well.

I love visiting with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace. We've tried dinner before, but breakfast is definitely where it's at for us!
We have never eaten here. I always want to but the girls never got into Winnie the Pooh sadly.

On a happier note, this was when our lovely waitress reminded us that the dining plan comes with an alcoholic beverage of your choice at all TS restaurants. Why, yes, please, I WILL have an Angry Orchard with my Mickey waffles!
I mean you are on vacation!

Jimmy was SO excited that he was tall enough to drive his own car on the Tomorrowland Speedway!
20191228_120538
It's a right of passage!

1040929326_603666219
Probably the last time all 3 of us will fit in one Doom Buggy, s
I was just thinking that. As a family of 4 we have never ridden all together. I love that you can or at least could.

After our swim, we were headed to Hollywood Studios for the evening, and we were trying out a new to us mode of transportation, too, the Skyliner!
Isn't it great!!!! It is so fast and really is nice!

Great photo!

It's $39 per adult and $19 for ages 3 to 9. You get a box full of treats, a light up lanyard, a light up cup and complimentary beverage. For adults, it's a choice of delicious blue or purple drinks (yea, right, like I can remember what they are now!) and free refills until the show starts. You also get VIP seating, right in the center, without having to wait in line or waste a FP. Totally worth it!
I love this. I love that you can take it back to the room with you. I hope they keep doing it. I kind of wish they did something similar for Magic Kingdom. Of course, who knows what fireworks will look like in the future.

We had to pay the adult price for Jimmy because he's 10, but they had no problem at all with our request to give him the box of Kid's treats instead.
It's a weird age for Disney! I found that most restaurants were willing to give Morgan a larger portion of something off the kids menu if she wanted it as well.

Vader replied with an emphatic, "NO." Jimmy laughed as we exited and said, "That's gonna be the funniest part of your report, Mommy!"
Ha! I love that he knows about the trip reports!

I snapped a picture of Jimmy with them, just in case it was a fluke and he'd be gone before it was our turn.
I love this photo!

When in AK, one must stop by to see the main mouse and his main squeeze!
We have never done that in Animal Kingdom!

We had a nice break by the pool! Jimmy joined in his favorite poolside games, and I finally turned in my hot chocolate cup for my much-preferred poolside beverage!
YEAH! Finally.

I wouldn't rush right back to do this meal again, but it was definitely a fun experience and unique presentation of our meals. And you can't beat meeting a couple of dwarfs and the Evil Queen without waiting in line for hours!
I hope they make more meals like this. All themed.. Food, atmosphere, and the characters. It really makes for an all around fun meal. But I do agree it was $$$$. And not an every trip meal for us, either.

Well, we waited and waited. I texted Lesley to let her know we were waiting on a boat, but would hopefully see her soon. That's when she mentioned that she had heard boat traffic was stopped because someone had fallen off the ferry into the Lagoon.
I remember that. Strange the the guy didn't say anything at all. Wonder if that is what they were argueing about.

Almost as soon as we were seated, Jimmy was out.
Poor Guy!!! Disney is exhausting even at 10!

Hello!!! I know I probably keep saying this, but I am trying to get back on the boards! And I started with yours! How is school going for you guys? I hope well.
Hi, Ariella!!! Welcome back :) School is going pretty well. We are in week 8, and only had one hiccup so far when three siblings tested positive (from a retirement party they attended with their family), and because they were in three different classrooms, they quarantined the whole school for 2 weeks. E-learning is SO not my favorite, but it worked OK for the 2 weeks. I was really glad to get back to the classroom though. I have 17 in person and 8 full time e-learners, but that routine has been going OK, too.
How are your girls doing with school?

It's a right of passage!
I was thinking of how excited your girls were about driving their own cars :)

I love this. I love that you can take it back to the room with you. I hope they keep doing it. I kind of wish they did something similar for Magic Kingdom. Of course, who knows what fireworks will look like in the future.
I absolutely love this dessert option. Each time we've done it, we've saved one box to much on back in the room. I sure do wish I could see into the future and know when we can have fireworks and parades back again!

It's a weird age for Disney! I found that most restaurants were willing to give Morgan a larger portion of something off the kids menu if she wanted it as well.
I definitely agree!! They need some middle of the road pricing for that in between child and adult aged appetite!! It's good to know they did that for Morgan; a nice option if there isn't anything on the grown up menu he will eat!

I was really glad to get back to the classroom though. I have 17 in person and 8 full time e-learners, but that routine has been going OK, too.
How are your girls doing with school?
Glad to hear it is going fairly well. The girls are doing ok with all of it. Intrestingly, Morgan likes going in to physical school more than Gwen. But it DEF has been good for them to have both options. Our school has been doing hybrid schedule with half on the in person kids in on Mondays & Tuesdays and then the other half on Thursdays and Fridays. All kids remote Wedsnsdays. It works out to 7 kids physically in the class room most days with the rest at home. Our school is streaming what they are teaching, and I think that helps alot to keep all kids on the same page.

was thinking of how excited your girls were about driving their own cars :)
Ha! Gwen hasn't hit that milestone yet! But I assume she will once we finally go again.

I sure do wish I could see into the future and know when we can have fireworks and parades back again!
Oh the money you could make if you did!!!!!

I definitely agree!! They need some middle of the road pricing for that in between child and adult aged appetite!! It's good to know they did that for Morgan; a nice option if there isn't anything on the grown up menu he will eat!
YES!!! I get that it should be more than a toddler, but a 10 year olds tastes tend to still be fairly common. I will say also, not being on the dinning plan, they never cared if she was ordering overing off of the kids menu. But alot of the time it was not enough food for her. But we found an app helped that, sometimes.

Hi Jackie

Back on the boards after being away for awhile. Loving your TR so far, but still need to get over to read the cruise part of the trip.
I was diagnosed with shingles,
Oh no I missed that news. Again I'm so sorry about the loss of Liam. I did pray for him and your family many times.
Just what I would have expected. LOL
Great way to start out a trip
Love this
She told me, "We don't do that here." I was confused, but more P.O.ed honestly.
:headache:
I stormed off as I loudly said over my shoulder, "Yea, and THAT is why I spend MY money at Disney World!"
Good for you
Then headed back to Liberty Square to ride Haunted Mansion. Of course, I did not tell anyone where the camera was :)
Where is the camera?
I love visiting with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace. We've tried dinner before, but breakfast is definitely where it's at for us! I chose this time specifically because they start to switch one buffet line over to lunch items, and the other stays breakfast, so it's best of both worlds, which makes all 3 of us happy
Good to know we might be eating breakfast there on the 50'th Birthday
Awesome
We arrived just as the cute little Christmas puppets of the Merry Menagerie were heading in for the evening. We were able to see them just for a few minutes, and I'm so glad we did! It was incredible how easy it was to ignore the fact that there were puppeteers moving the creatures, they looked so lifelike in their movemen
I had no idea about these

I had more quotes but they aren't coming up right. Sorry you got sick but glad you were feeling better after a few days. Yay @Lesley Wake & @AMusicLifeForMe even if it was a quick meet. Hope Jimmy was just tired and not getting sick. I was considering doing the Snow White Dinner but am now reconsidering it.

popcorn::

Hi Jackie
Hi!!! Welcome back :)

Oh no I missed that news. Again I'm so sorry about the loss of Liam. I did pray for him and your family many times.
Oh, yes, my shingles coincided with the most horrible week :( Thanks so much for praying for all of us--it was the worst time of our lives.

Where is the camera?
On Haunted Mansion, the camera is in the hallway with the portraits that change when the lightning strikes. It's tricky because the flash matches up with the lightning, but it's at the second to last picture.

Good to know we might be eating breakfast there on the 50'th Birthday
We really enjoyed breakfast (turning into lunch) at Crystal Palace, much more than we enjoyed dinner there on our previous trip.

Hope Jimmy was just tired and not getting sick. I was considering doing the Snow White Dinner but am now reconsidering it.
He was just vacationed-out on this day! It turned out to be a good thing that we headed in early that night. We got a great night of sleep before our NYE plans the following day, which I desperately need to get back here to write about!

We enjoyed the character interaction more than we enjoyed the food, I think, but it was certainly fun to try once!

DECEMBER 31, 2019

We had big plans for New Year's Eve, but plenty of time before those festivities would begin! Since we knew it would be a late night, we let Jimmy sleep in this morning and didn't have any early dining or FPs to get to. We were headed to Epcot, and Mr. Cool was very excited to ride the Skyliner again.
20191231_080120

Coming in through the International Gateway to a not yet open World Showcase, we felt like we had the park to ourselves!
20191231_081907

Whenever we've spent NYE at WDW, Magic Kingdom has always been our park of choice. Yes, I know it's madness, and really complete and utter chaos, BUT there is also no feeling that rivals standing in the middle of Main Street and being surrounded by 360 fireworks, music and magic. I'm getting all teary thinking about it. Don't let anyone dissuade you from trying it at least once. As long as you're prepared with a plan, the crowd won't deter you from having the most amazing time!!

PSA over--my point was actually that we were pleasantly surprised how uncrowded Epcot was compared to our Magic Kingdom experiences on previous New Year's Eve days.

We had a few plans this morning before we would be returning to World Showcase for a late breakfast/early lunch/perfectly timed 10:40ish reservation! We hit up two of our favorites, Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land (LOVED this holiday overlay; it was even more festive riding at night when the lights were more visible! ), and met some of our favorite character friends in their new temporary meeting spot.

20191231_101640 20191231_103107 20191231_090303 20191231_090719 1043367720_605955286 1043364605_605952084 1043361384_605947979

After saying see ya real soon to our pals, we headed back toward World Showcase to a little castle in Norway, Akershus, that was calling our name. We have enjoyed our breakfast/lunch here in the past as an option to see the Princesses but not use two dining plan credits/pay the hefty price tag to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table, and that was exactly our plan this time around! Jimmy's favorite girl has always been in attendance, along with Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Belle, whom you meet as you enter the restaurant. In the past, we have also met Jasmine here.

First up to visit our table was Jimmy's #1, and she looked OVERJOYED to see him, too!!
20191231_110800 20191231_111005

One of the most adorable parts of this meal is when the Princesses invite all the children to join them for a parade. An announcement is specifically made for parents to stay seated, which is nice so everyone can see their child and take pictures as they go by. Not gonna lie, I sort of forced Jimmy to participate in this one, LOL, but as you can see by the picture he had a blast! (The first time we did this breakfast, in 2013 Cinderella came directly to our table and asked Jimmy to hold her hand for the parade. So, this time, he made a bee-line straight for her. He got to be in her line, but someone else held her hand...he was disappointed, LOL!)
20191231_111534 20191231_111700

After eating, Jimmy checked out the norse Gods before we strolled along through the rest of World Showcase on our way back to the Skyliner.
20191231_114843 20191231_120735 20191231_121225 1043527366_606095313 1043644658_606099692

We enjoyed a very quick ride back to Pop Century for a couple of hours of relaxation by the pool before our big party! We brought our party hats out to the pool and enjoyed splashing and sunshine, along with Jimmy's favorite--poolside games!
20191231_143619 20191231_143715 20191231_151426

And with that, it was time to head back to our room to get all fancied up for the Pixar Party: A New Year's Celebration!

NEW YEAR'S EVE! Pixar Party: A New Year's Celebration

We had given ourselves over an hour to get to the party at Disney's Contemporary Resort because we would be taking Disney transportation. We needed to ride a bus over to MK where motorcoaches would be waiting to take us across the street to the Contemporary. Now, it seems a little ridiculous since we could literally take the walkway over, but having the motor coach option probably saved lots of ladies in fancy shoes!!

One quick pic by the Pop tree on our way out to the bus:
20191231_175408

When we arrived, there was still about 30 more minutes before the event would begin and the ballrooms would open, so we checked in for our table number and just wandered around in the area a little.
20191231_184200 20191231_184350

Jimmy practiced his selfie-game. "Look, Mommy, I made my lips the same as his...ooooooooh."
20191231_184736

Jimmy & I were rocking our party footwear and just itching for the party to get started!
20191231_185441

A few minutes later, CMs started to pull back the ropes that had separated the Kids activity area from the waiting area. We were among the first few families in and were the second group invited over to MEET WALL-E!!!! He hadn't been in any of the information or ads we had seen for this event ahead of time, so we were super excited. As we walked up, I thought it might just be a fixed in place statue to take a picture with, but suddenly he raised his arm in greeting and said his name! I was so surprised!
1044016419_606549872

In this area, Jimmy also made his own Forky with the supplied materials and got in line for the most fabulous balloon artist ever! He could make literally every thing and every character a kid asked for. I felt really bad for the other balloon artist that was there...he could only make the more "traditional" balloons kids might ask for, and very quickly his line became non-existent as every one wanted the other guy to make their request. He made a Buzz Lightyear for Jimmy! Here he is later in the evening wearing his party hat :)
20191231_231934

The activity area stayed open for most of the party, which I thought was nice. We never did venture back over there; however, because we had been able to do everything right away when it opened. A lot of people were lined up for each thing by the time we were ready to walk into the ballroom. Sarge was there to line up the troops and march them in to get the party started!
20191231_194551

The party took place between two huge ballrooms. The same food and drink set ups were in both rooms, and different character meet spots were set up in both, so families were welcome to float between the two. We got our food and had some drinks at our table right away, but never even met our tablemates. We left our balloon Buzz, Forky and my wrap on one of the chairs and never sat down the rest of the night!

There were two different DJs and a lot of interactive dancing, hula hoops, "kids, go grab your parents," etc. Rob and I had done the Countdown to Midnight party, just the two of us a few years ago, and though fun it was a little too grown-uppy for us. This was SO much more fun, and Jimmy had a blast!! My favorite part was getting our pictures taken with all the characters. Jimmy got in line again and again for the same characters because the interactions were just so much fun. We danced with Woody and Bo-Peep, had muscle contests with Mr. Incredible, laughed with Russell and Dug. It was just the greatest night ever, and when I think back on it now, I sure am glad we had the time for all that extra fun and all the cuddly hugs....because what if we never get to hug characters again?!!?
20191231_200740 20191231_200737 1044020535_606552992 1044024625_606557354 1044032887_606566798 1044032889_606566782 1044037090_606570913 1044045838_606580355 1044050334_606583708 1044050336_606584090 20191231_221311

Near the end of the night, someone was starting to get tired, but it was almost time for fireworks, so we certainly weren't leaving yet!!
20191231_230514

One quick picture with Sarge before he marched us right out into the hallway to get our horns & champagne and head out to the fireworks viewing area!

20191231_232545

Jimmy was NOT a fan of his sparkling cider!
20191231_233105

He was almost partied entirely out, but then the music came up and the lights went down, and we were ready to count down to 2020 (who knew what we were in store for, huh?!)
20191231_233821 20200101_000005 20200101_000056 20200101_000120 20200101_000029

Having attended the Countdown to Midnight party a few years earlier, we remembered the chaos following the fireworks trying to locate the right bus back to your resort, so while people were still taking pictures and exchanging kisses, I was already scoping out the area to see if I could point us in the right direction. I spotted a bus with a Pop Century sign and started moving us in that direction. We were held up at the point where I thought we could just walk down a couple steps to the buses--CMs were directing people down and around the ramp instead (probably a good idea to avoid the liability of a crowd of people falling down the stairs). We were still among the first to board the bus, and before we had even pulled away from the curb, Jimmy was fast asleep. 2020 was off to a most magical start. We had such high hopes for this year...sigh.
20200101_001726 20200101_004225

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, that party sounded like so much fun! Kinda gives me CP housing events vibes, which are always a blast. You also all look so happy. I love it.

We really did have such high hopes for 2020, didn't we? *sad sigh*

It makes you wonder what they're gonna do around Christmas and NYE this year because there is NO WAY they can do what they normally do...

Oh my gosh, that party sounded like so much fun! Kinda gives me CP housing events vibes, which are always a blast. You also all look so happy. I love it.

We really did have such high hopes for 2020, didn't we? *sad sigh*

It makes you wonder what they're gonna do around Christmas and NYE this year because there is NO WAY they can do what they normally do...
It was SUCH an awesome night, and even though there were lots of other people, it wasn't overcrowded and really felt like a party just for us with no waiting for anything!

Ugh, 2020. Such a letdown. I hope 2021 brings us a reset!

I'll be very interested to see what they plan for Christmas/NYE....and I'll be insanely jealous no matter what they do that I won't be there to experience it! I feel like I need a little magic in my life (who doesn't!?) but my state has a mandatory 14 day quarantine upon returning from FL right now, and I can't do that :( Boo.

Hope you're well, Timmy!! I enjoyed the pics you posted from your trip to USO! I was so happy for you to get to go :)

Since we knew it would be a late night, we let Jimmy sleep in this morning and didn't have any early dining or FPs to get to.
Looks like even with that, it wasn't enough. Still... he lasted til the end.
Mr. Cool was very excited to ride the Skyliner again.
Too kool for skool
Coming in through the International Gateway to a not yet open World Showcase, we felt like we had the park to ourselves!
It looks like you did!
Whenever we've spent NYE at WDW, Magic Kingdom has always been our park of choice. Yes, I know it's madness, and really complete and utter chaos,
I did it way back when there was only the one park in existence at WDW. And it was chaos even then.
Living with the Land (LOVED this holiday overlay
Never seen it. Must right that error.
we headed back toward World Showcase to a little castle in Norway, Akershus, that was calling our name.
So they had loudspeakers installed, huh?

:rolleyes:
First up to visit our table was Jimmy's #1, and she looked OVERJOYED to see him, too!!
Awww. :)
Not gonna lie, I sort of forced Jimmy to participate in this one, LOL, but as you can see by the picture he had a blast!
:laughing: Glad that worked out!
The first time we did this breakfast, in 2013 Cinderella came directly to our table and asked Jimmy to hold her hand for the parade. So, this time, he made a bee-line straight for her. He got to be in her line, but someone else held her hand...he was disappointed, LOL
:) Well, maybe next time he'll be old enough to push the little kids out of the way to hold her hand.

ahem

:rolleyes2
:laughing:
Hey! That's awesome! Love that!
That's so weird. I do not remember the flower spraying water. Granted I never went in the pool, but still... I certainly saw it often enough.
Now, it seems a little ridiculous since we could literally take the walkway over, but having the motor coach option probably saved lots of ladies in fancy shoes!!
Good point.
The lad cleans up nice. :)
Jimmy & I were rocking our party footwear and just itching for the party to get started!
You guys are soooo ready to party!
I thought it might just be a fixed in place statue to take a picture with, but suddenly he raised his arm in greeting and said his name! I was so surprised!
Cool! And I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. :) It is Disney after all.
the most fabulous balloon artist ever! He could make literally every thing and every character a kid asked for.
Impressive
I felt really bad for the other balloon artist that was there...he could only make the more "traditional" balloons kids might ask for, and very quickly his line became non-existent as every one wanted the other guy to make their request.
Poor guy, but... yeah, no surprise, really.
We left our balloon Buzz, Forky and my wrap on one of the chairs and never sat down the rest of the night!
Party! Party! Party!
This was SO much more fun, and Jimmy had a blast!!
:goodvibes
It was just the greatest night ever,
:goodvibes (again!)
I sure am glad we had the time for all that extra fun and all the cuddly hugs....because what if we never get to hug characters again?!!?
:sad1: Oh, I hope not. Probably my fondest Disney memory is of my youngest, extremely introverted at the time, DD suddenly asked to hug Winnie the Pooh and didn't let go for a long time.
Jimmy was NOT a fan of his sparkling cider!
:laughing:
we were ready to count down to 2020 (who knew what we were in store for, huh?!)
:sad2: Worst year ever.
We were still among the first to board the bus,
Good job! Especially so with a half asleep boy in tow.
and before we had even pulled away from the curb, Jimmy was fast asleep.
awww... :)
2020 was off to a most magical start. We had such high hopes for this year...sigh.
Yeah... "sigh" is right.

What a fun night, though!
Question, were there people at the party without kids? Or was it strictly a "kids" party.

Looks like even with that, it wasn't enough. Still... he lasted til the end.
He sure did!! :)

Never seen it. Must right that error.
I have a few pictures of the LWTL holiday overlay at night coming up in the next update!

:) Well, maybe next time he'll be old enough to push the little kids out of the way to hold her hand.

ahem

:rolleyes2
I was sort of surprised he didn't do that this time, LOL

Hey! That's awesome! Love that!
Funny enough, I didn't realize Dale was on my shoulder in that pic until I posted it in the update! I noticed Chip in Jimmy's hands obviously, but totally missed Dale!

Poor guy, but... yeah, no surprise, really.
Yea, poor balloon guy :( I wondered why Disney wouldn't make sure to have equally talented artists to avoid this exact scenario?!

Question, were there people at the party without kids? Or was it strictly a "kids" party.
YES, there were! Obviously there were more families there, but definitely some couples, too. When we had done the Countdown to Midnight party, it was the exact opposite--lots of couples, but still a few families. It's kind of nice that they offer options geared for either, but let people make the own call on which party is a better fit for them/their families. For us, the characters won out hands down!! At Countdown to Midnight, there are a couple of photo spots, but the only characters you see are Mickey & Minnie--no photo op or Meet and Greet with them--they come out on stage and let you know when it's time to head out for fireworks. Kind of anticlimactic, really.

Hello again! Please have your photos and Trip Report made into a trip report album ... I would actually purchase haha because You guys did it all and these are (sadly) probably Forever Memories ...
I always say :
“Best trip til the next trip “

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter