Our Very Merry USO, DCL and WDW Christmas Break!

It was so beautiful and peaceful looking, so I grabbed my phone and my blanket and quietly slid the door open to sit outside.
Sounds so calming.
Love this shot. :)
Yes, I know he's a ten year old boy, but this guy loves his Princesses,
That's okay, I do too.

:rolleyes1
Apparently, he did not feel the same about hugging Anna and Elsa 🤣
:laughing:
Plus, we hadn't gotten any breakfast yet. Which makes for some awkward pics!
Ooohh… yeah, that'd do it alright.
"Ten year old skinny legs and his beautiful Princess friends, standing next to each other!"
Though, he was a little crabby, it's hard to say no when your favorite girl comes in for a hug :lovestruc:hug: and just look at THAT smile!
:goodvibes
Truth be told, I didn't really have a great desire to go ashore at Nassau, based on my previous experience
Oh?
When you get off the cruise boats docked there, you walk through the festival center and are immediately met with throngs of locals offering to take you on a tour, give you a ride, braid your hair, etc. Though I'm sure they mean no harm, they come off kind of aggressive, and it's just a vastly different experience from typical tourist spots I'm used to, and a bit out of my comfort zone.
Oh! I'm not a huge fan of packed in crowds. Almost had a camera bag stolen in one. Been a bit nervous ever since.
I was holding onto his hand like a vice! I know it probably makes me sound super closed-minded, but I just didn't feel comfortable going too far from the ship.
No. You have to do what's best for you.
My Dad checked out the Harley store,
I like your Dad.
And I'd love to visit there.
ladies on the street tried to sell Rob and I Cuban cigars!
Nope! I imagine they aren't exactly high quality.
I don't even want to think what they were filled with.
One picture I really wanted to take on this trip was of Jimmy in front of the statue of Queen Victoria.
I find it interesting that you posted that just 4 days after we celebrated her up here.
Once back within sight of the Disney Dream, I felt fully back in relax-mode!
Then you made the right choice. :)

I always notice the first and last nights are rougher. Those stairs are no fun to walk up on rough seas!
Definitely the same for our cruise. I barely slept at all the last night because it was so rough. That night at the show, a man actually fell down the stairs in the theater from the swaying. He refused any help or medical attention they offered, but he really fell hard!

And yet... I find it amusing that you were all listening to Mickey and Minnie in the middle of the Uni store. Did you get any dirty looks? :laughing:
LOL, it did feel unnatural!!

You look great there, Jackie! Very regal. (And happy!)
I was SO happy to finally be on the cruise starting this trip that was in the planning for almost 2 years!

Well, that's unfortunate. Can you request tables? Or are you at the mercy of the host/hostess?
I'm sure if we had asked about it, they would have tried to relocate us, but I was also afraid that our tablemates would feel like we moved because we didn't want to sit with them. It wasn't terrible, just would have been nicer to be seated nearer the middle of the room where we could experience more of the ambiance.

So... did you?
I did not ever get seasick, thank goodness! No one in our family did, so that was a blessing! The swaying of the ship was noticeable and a little scary/uncomfortable, especially the final night, but never nausea-inducing!

So... what is it supposed to be?
I think a giant crab??

LOL, it did feel unnatural!!
I was SO happy to finally be on the cruise starting this trip that was in the planning for almost 2 years!
I can't even imagine! Literally! Never been on a cruise and the only one I had booked (last May) got cancelled.
I was also afraid that our tablemates would feel like we moved because we didn't want to sit with them.
Ohhh... Yeah, I can see that.
I did not ever get seasick, thank goodness! No one in our family did, so that was a blessing!
Good!

I am really enjoying the cruise report!
Andi and I were suppose to do a 4 night cruise on the Dream in January and we opted for more Disney days instead.
The Christmas time cruise looks so fun. I love all the character meets and Christmas decorations.
I am guessing the fish extenders are shared gifts with other cruisers, how fun!
We will cruise eventually and it will be Disney.
I have been on a couple Princess Cruises in the past and enjoyed so much.
I remember the Straw Market in Nassau, crazy! We had the scariest cab ride on the Island during our Honeymoon cruise, not fun!
Excited to hear more about your Cruise adventures

Here I thought you'd abandoned your other report. I had no idea this little ocean party was going on.

Loving the report so far. We've only ever done one cruise and while it wasn't my favorite way to travel I know we'd love a Disney cruise (provided I could keep my sea sickness at bay). Casey has asked to do it a few times so we'll definitely have to consider it before she's too old for the kids club.

The Christmas time cruise looks so fun. I love all the character meets and Christmas decorations.
We will cruise eventually and it will be Disney.
Hi, Caroline! :wave2:

Yes, the ship was gorgeous with all its decorations, and characters in their Christmas best!

I can't recommend DCL enough! We've never sailed with anyone else, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have heard others say that Disney just does it best!

Here I thought you'd abandoned your other report. I had no idea this little ocean party was going on.

Loving the report so far. We've only ever done one cruise and while it wasn't my favorite way to travel I know we'd love a Disney cruise (provided I could keep my sea sickness at bay). Casey has asked to do it a few times so we'll definitely have to consider it before she's too old for the kids club.
Hi, Kari!! Nope, definitely not abandoned, just paused while we're sailing away over here :) I'll get back to that one with our Disney days that followed the cruise.

Casey would LOVE the kids club!!! I was astounded at how many different activities they offered every day. SO much fun stuff to do!

School is finally out for us, so I'll be back with more updates SOON! :)

We made our way back to our cabins and got changed for some pool time!
20191224_113403

On our way to the pool, we happened upon a cranky crook!!! Jimmy was so excited to see Captain Hook without having to wait in line. It was awesome to just bump into him like that!
20191224_114125 20191224_114158

We spotted some empty loungers in the first row next to the pool, with a great view of the "Ariel-vision" giant screen, which was scrolling movies and trivia! We dropped our bags, and took turns joining Jimmy for rides on the Aqua Duck.
20191224_122040 20191224_122036
I'll spare you any other pics because it's actually a little frightening how much I resemble my husband riding through the Aqua Duck, and can't actually identify which of us is which in these pictures!!

We enjoyed some Trivia while Jimmy took a break from sliding! They actually emptied the pool every so often (maybe hourly?), which I assumed they were doing to check the Ph levels or something. They would have everybody get out and about 10 minutes later, they'd give the all clear to jump back in.
20191224_130150 20191224_132005

When they gave the all-clear to hop back in the pool, Jimmy and my Mom were ready!
20191224_131839

Jimmy had been dying to get back to the Kids Club, so the next time the lifeguards called for everyone to empty the pool again, Jimmy and I grabbed an ice cream before heading back to get him changed and checked into the club.

20191224_134303

After that, I met my parents and Rob at the Adult Pool. we sat at the bar stools in the pool. This was such perfection!!! #ChristmasEarsAndSweaterBeers
20191224_140250 \ 20191224_154837

Eventually, my parents decided to head back to their room. We stayed a bit longer. Rob had gone inside for the bathroom, and I spotted Max Goof across the way headed up to the next deck! I didn't want to abandon our drinks and go running after him (OK, I totally did), but I hesitated and before I knew it he was out of sight.

I was so regretful that I hadn't followed after him, that after Rob returned, and I saw Stitch headed up the same stairway, I ran through the pool after him and got this awesome picture. (I still have Max Goof regret though :(
20191224_155610

This evening was Christmas Eve, so before too much longer, we headed back to our room to get fancied up for dinner!

Once again, we stopped to take pictures on our way to dinner this evening. My parents were just too adorable for words!!
20191224_173910 20191224_175202

After dinner, we went to the show, which I cannot even remember which one it was at this point....sorry, bad reporter! I had been texting with Rob to get us a spot in line to meet with Santa! He did, so as we exited the show, we were able to put Jimmy right in line with Rob to get one last check in before Christmas Eve--show time!!!
20191224_215517
921-108683616-Other O Santa 3 MS-61251_GPR

When our cruise was in the planning stages, my Mom and I both joined the Facebook group for our sailing. In that process, we "met" the priest who would be traveling on our sailing. He posted several times looking for people who would be interested in participating in Christmas Eve Mass. My Mom signed up right away to be a Eucharistic Minister, and when he asked for altar servers, she signed up Jimmy, as well. The only drawback is that Mass was at midnight. We had to keep Jimmy awake after a very busy day!!

We checked in with Fr. at the theater around 11:30, and basically just had to sit and wait. During this time, I snuck back to our cabin to take care of Santa's business!

I felt bad for keeping Jimmy up so late after such a long day already, but I have to say my Mom-pride was seriously at a high watching him serve Mass. SO many people came up to us this evening and the days that followed and complimented us on how precious Jimmy was and what a nice job he did serving Mass. (Truth be told, I was glad his Mom-genes didn't kick in while serving because I surely would have dropped something or tripped and fallen down the stairs if it was me in his place!)
20191224_235912 20191224_235942

After Mass, we headed back to our cabin, and Jimmy was overjoyed to see that Santa had already come because we'd been out so late! (Sorry no pics. I was videotaping! He was very happy to receive a Mighty Ducks hockey jersey, some books from his wish list, and a card game he'd asked for.) Plus, when we are on vacation during Christmas, Santa always visits our house, too, so there were plenty of presents waiting when we returned home!

We had such a busy day that it was very easy to fall asleep! I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from our photo shoot on the way to dinner Christmas Eve!

921-108625051-C Bokeh Blue 3 MS-61278_GPR 921-108625052-C Bokeh Blue 3 MS-61278_GPR 921-108625469-C Night Ship 3 FWD-61287_GPR 921-108626714-C LSP White 3 MS-61288_GPR 921-108627231-C LSP White 3 MS-61288_GPR

Merry Christmas Eve :)

What a fun Christmas Eve! It looks like a great day and night. I love the meets with Captain Hook, Stitch, and Santa!
The family pictures are lovely.
Ahh Jimmy looked like such a good alter boy!
Christmas on the high seas, sounds like a joy to behold!

December 25, 2019

Once again, I woke up as the sun was rising. Jericho, our stateroom steward, had opened up our verandah, so I joined my Mom again this morning as the sun was coming up.
20191225_062805

I had been planning ahead for this morning since we booked a very Merrytime Cruise. I knew that Santa himself meets in the atrium on Christmas morning, along with Christmas cookies and cocoa, so this was high on my list of MUST dos!! I even bought us matching fleece pajamas, despite being in the Caribbean!

Some of us were more excited than others about the matching pajamas :)
20191225_071410

I was so excited when we got down to the atrium because I saw that you could actually go INSiDE the Gingerbread house this morning!! Inside, there was a CM serving cookies! God forbid the Lagoni boys show a little excitement to appease me....(insert eyeroll here!)
20191225_071529 20191225_071604

After checking out the gingerbread house, we hopped in line to see Santa Claus! I was really excited to see that the snow was falling again in the atrium!! And loved the table of sweets and cakes to celebrate Christmas Day!!
20191225_073541 20191225_073814

Jimmy was disappointed the night before because he had saved a cookie from the buffet to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve. Because we were out so late with him serving Mass, he hadn't been back to the room in time to leave the cookie out for Santa. This morning, we bagged the cookie up and brought it to Santa, himself!
20191225_073549 20191225_073603

We loved having the chance to check in with Santa on Christmas morning!!
921-108702374-C Christmas Tree 3 MS-61601_GPR 921-108702529-Other O Santa 3 MS-61263_GPR 921-108702545-Other O Santa 3 MS-61263_GPR

After our check in with the big guy, we took the elevator up to Cabanas! Imagine our surprise when we bumped into our head server, Sam on our way in to breakfast!
20191225_075354

After breakfast, we were excited to disembark the ship because we were docked at Castaway Cay!!! We had all signed up to do the Castaway Cay 5K this morning, so we grabbed a quick breakfast at Cabanas and changed, so we could head off the ship.

Awww what a fun little Christmas/Christmas Eve you had! I will say preemptively now to probably skip my Christmas updates on my TR when those comes around because this just seemed so lovely. A little disappointed that you didn't chase down Max, but Stitch is a good consolation prize in his Christmas best.

Also, love the matching pajamas with the embroidered Santa hats. Adorable.

What a lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas morning on the ship! I'm glad you were able to chase down Stitch (although that's too bad about Max!) and that you enjoyed lots of pool time. You all look great in your Christmas formalwear AND your cozy Christmas jammies. I love the embroidered Santa hats!

Like this shot of you! :)
On our way to the pool, we happened upon a cranky crook!!! Jimmy was so excited to see Captain Hook without having to wait in line. It was awesome to just bump into him like that!
Great! I wish all character meets could go back to this. Just random meets instead of having to line up. I get why it's necessary, but... just miss the spontaneity of it.
We spotted some empty loungers in the first row next to the pool, with a great view of the "Ariel-vision" giant screen, which was scrolling movies and trivia!
Perfect seats! Nice score.
took turns joining Jimmy for rides on the Aqua Duck.
How was that??? I've heard about it, but not how it is.
I'll spare you any other pics because it's actually a little frightening how much I resemble my husband riding through the Aqua Duck, and can't actually identify which of us is which in these pictures!!
:lmao:
They actually emptied the pool every so often (maybe hourly?), which I assumed they were doing to check the Ph levels or something. They would have everybody get out and about 10 minutes later, they'd give the all clear to jump back in.
:confused3 That's weird. You shouldn't have to check it that often. Strange.
Is that a Minnie bathing suit under your cover up?
Jimmy had been dying to get back to the Kids Club
That's great that he liked it so much. :)
:laughing: Love the Mike statue!
we sat at the bar stools in the pool. This was such perfection!!!
Ohhhh.... nice! :thumbsup2
I didn't want to abandon our drinks and go running after him (OK, I totally did)
I saw Stitch headed up the same stairway, I ran through the pool after him and got this awesome picture.
Cute photo. :)
My parents were just too adorable for words!!
::yes::
as we exited the show, we were able to put Jimmy right in line with Rob to get one last check in before Christmas Eve
Nice!
The only drawback is that Mass was at midnight.
<sigh> I soooo miss midnight mass. Haven't done it in decades.
We had to keep Jimmy awake after a very busy day!!
:scared: That'd be a tough one! How hard was it? Or did adrenaline kick in for him?
I snuck back to our cabin to take care of Santa's business!
SO many people came up to us this evening and the days that followed and complimented us on how precious Jimmy was and what a nice job he did serving Mass.
After Mass, we headed back to our cabin, and Jimmy was overjoyed to see that Santa had already come because we'd been out so late!
Oh, that must've been so wonderful! :)
Plus, when we are on vacation during Christmas, Santa always visits our house, too, so there were plenty of presents waiting when we returned home!
Ah! I like that. Gives you two Christmases. :)
Great shot of you two!
And such a nice family photo, too!
I knew that Santa himself meets in the atrium on Christmas morning, along with Christmas cookies and cocoa, so this was high on my list of MUST dos!!
Wow! No kidding!
I even bought us matching fleece pajamas, despite being in the Caribbean!
:laughing: I like that!
I was so excited when we got down to the atrium because I saw that you could actually go INSiDE the Gingerbread house this morning!!
No way! How cool is that?!?!?
Jimmy was disappointed the night before because he had saved a cookie from the buffet to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve. Because we were out so late with him serving Mass, he hadn't been back to the room in time to leave the cookie out for Santa. This morning, we bagged the cookie up and brought it to Santa, himself!
:) Good solution.
We had all signed up to do the Castaway Cay 5K this morning,
That would be a fun run!

I was so regretful that I hadn't followed after him, that after Rob returned, and I saw Stitch headed up the same stairway, I ran through the pool after him and got this awesome picture. (I still have Max Goof regret though :(
Love that photo!
I was so excited when we got down to the atrium because I saw that you could actually go INSiDE the Gingerbread house this morning!! Inside, there was a CM serving cookies! God forbid the Lagoni boys show a little excitement to appease me....(insert eyeroll here!)
How much fun! And a cute setup inside!

Sounds like such a fun time at the pool!

Omg that pic with Stitch is too cute! Super festive too!

Sound like a nice Christmas Eve evening!!

Snow falling, going inside a gingerbread house, and meeting Santa on Christmas morning all sounds so magical!

What a fun Christmas Eve! It looks like a great day and night. I love the meets with Captain Hook, Stitch, and Santa!
The family pictures are lovely.
Ahh Jimmy looked like such a good alter boy!
Christmas on the high seas, sounds like a joy to behold!
The spontaneous character meets were super fun! Santa was a different story, but luckily we had Rob to stake out a spot in that crazy line!!

He did such a great job. I was so proud of him :)

We LOVED the extra Christmas fun of this Very Merrytime Cruise, but I will say it was a little hectic trying to squeeze in everything Christmas-y, along with all the other cruise offerings. We definitely didn't get to everything we wanted to!

Awww what a fun little Christmas/Christmas Eve you had!
It was SO perfect despite not being a traditional Christmas Eve at all!

A little disappointed that you didn't chase down Max, but Stitch is a good consolation prize in his Christmas best.
I am SOOOOO disappointed STILL that I didn't just chase after him!!! I will live in Disney shame until I one day redeem myself (hopefully!) on a future Disney cruise.

Also, love the matching pajamas with the embroidered Santa hats. Adorable.
Thanks!! :) The pajamas were an addition this year. We got the Santa hats for a family Christmas trip to WDW in 2007. When Jimmy was born in 2009, we ordered his hat. It is seriously too small for him now, but they don't offer these anymore!

What a lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas morning on the ship! I'm glad you were able to chase down Stitch (although that's too bad about Max!) and that you enjoyed lots of pool time. You all look great in your Christmas formalwear AND your cozy Christmas jammies. I love the embroidered Santa hats!
It was a really awesome way to celebrate, even though not traditional whatsoever! I'm still so sad to have missed Max. I should've just chased after him with no shame :) I mean, I have none, so....

Thanks! I really wanted a matching jammie pic with Santa, so I was glad it all came together!

How was that??? I've heard about it, but not how it is.
The Aquaduck is pretty fun! I've heard it called a water-coaster. I would definitely say it doesn't seem coaster-like to me. There are some jets that keep your raft moving along, but it's a tame ride! There was a bit of a wait, and it got super windy, but was cool to climb the stairs through one of the funnels. Jimmy is a chicken about rides, and won't go on anything even remotely exciting at WDW, but he enjoyed the AquaDuck, so that should tell you how tame it is :) Definitely fun though!

:confused3 That's weird. You shouldn't have to check it that often. Strange.
Yea, no clue why they kept emptying the pool, but I hoped it was to make sure people weren't peeing in it! Otherwise, I can't imagine what the heck for!

Is that a Minnie bathing suit under your cover up?
Sure is!! Rob has the matching Mickey trunks. There's a better pic coming up when we get to the beach at Castaway Cay! Magical bathing suits were definitely necessary!

How much fun! And a cute setup inside!
It was SUPER cute!!! And there was a CM stationed in there at a small table with little brownies, cookies and napkins, etc. Jimmy was a cranky little crab from being woken up early, but I was in LOVE with the set up!

Sounds like such a fun time at the pool!

Omg that pic with Stitch is too cute! Super festive too!

Sound like a nice Christmas Eve evening!!

Snow falling, going inside a gingerbread house, and meeting Santa on Christmas morning all sounds so magical!
It was such a magical Christmas Eve! All the characters had their Christmas attire on, so that was pretty fun to see :) Definitely the best way to celebrate!

The Aquaduck is pretty fun! I've heard it called a water-coaster. I would definitely say it doesn't seem coaster-like to me. There are some jets that keep your raft moving along, but it's a tame ride!
Sounds fun. :)
was cool to climb the stairs through one of the funnels.
That is cool! I had no idea!
Jimmy is a chicken about rides, and won't go on anything even remotely exciting at WDW, but he enjoyed the AquaDuck, so that should tell you how tame it is :) Definitely fun though!
Whelp! That certainly describes it!
Yea, no clue why they kept emptying the pool, but I hoped it was to make sure people weren't peeing in it! Otherwise, I can't imagine what the heck for!
Oh, don't worry. There are definitely people peeing in it.
Sure is!! Rob has the matching Mickey trunks.
:laughing: Awesome.
There's a better pic coming up when we get to the beach at Castaway Cay! Magical bathing suits were definitely necessary!
Standing by!

I've always wondered what it would be like to be traveling for Christmas and I gotta tell you being on a cruise doesn't look to shabby. I mean between the adult pool and sweater wearing Miller Lites and Santa himself, what's not to love? I cannot believe they had a mass too. Looks like Jimmy did an awesome job.

HI Jackie,
I was reading Lesley Wake's report, and found the link to your report, but am so happy I did! :sail:We are scheduled for a Merrytime Cruise in November, and I have every intention of still going. It is great to see the precautions taken pre-Covid, so I am sure they will be even more diligent once they start cruising again. Can't wait to see your adventures on Castaway Cay!

I loved the picture with Stitch! :stitch: I was wondering about bringing the matching PJ's. Those pictures turned out especially cute! I think I will add ours to the packing list!

I've always wondered what it would be like to be traveling for Christmas and I gotta tell you being on a cruise doesn't look to shabby. I mean between the adult pool and sweater wearing Miller Lites and Santa himself, what's not to love? I cannot believe they had a mass too. Looks like Jimmy did an awesome job.
This was our first time cruising for Christmas, but we've actually done WDW for Christmas two other times, and I have to say, it has become a favorite for us!! Our family members aren't always on board with our plans (too bad!!!!!!) so we try to make sure we're home for Christmas every other year. Having to travel between houses and back and forth across the city for two days just doesn't feel as magical to me as wandering down Main Street and eating Christmas cheeseburgers! I think you might love it :)

HI Jackie,
I was reading Lesley Wake's report, and found the link to your report, but am so happy I did! :sail:We are scheduled for a Merrytime Cruise in November, and I have every intention of still going.
Hi, Terri!!! I'm glad you found my report :) And promise I haven't abandoned it!! More updates coming soon! I'm glad you're still planning to go on your trip. I'm sure when Disney can do it safely, they will be welcoming guests back with open arms on their cruises!! I felt they were always cleaning and keeping us safe even pre-COVID, so I'm confident they will have an excellent plan in place for you!

I loved the picture with Stitch! :stitch: I was wondering about bringing the matching PJ's. Those pictures turned out especially cute! I think I will add ours to the packing list!
I hadn't realized pics with Santa would be an option until seeing it from another post! Definitely do matching PJs!!! It's totally worth it :) We made sure to be up and ready to line up about 5 minutes before his posted arrival time. We only waited a few minutes. Within about 10 minutes, the line behind us was immense!!!

Have you found your sailing's Facebook page yet?? My Mom and I stumbled on ours and it was actually really helpful with people posting different questions and information about Merrytime sailings! (another example being that you can't plug in Christmas lights, but you CAN use battery operated ones! we brought a few sets for each of our rooms, along with magnetic hooks to hang them up. All the walls are magnetic in your cabin!) Let me know if you have any specific questions :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!