Our "we need to go for our sanity" trip

disfan07

DIS Veteran
So this is my frist trip report but this trip is very special to us so i feel like this is an appropriate one to start with

Cast:

Me (20--21 on trip)- I love all tihngs disney. I always have sorcerer mickey sitting on a table in my hospital room when I am there. i collect mickey figurine with the year on them (I have 2000-2009). I dont really have a favorite character but I do love jiminy cricket. My favorite things at WDW are Wishes, spectro adn illuminations.

Dmom (50---51 on the trip)---she loves disney as well. But she has been saying for the past 5 years that we were not going to be going back for a long time. Well since 2004, we have been back to WDW 4 times adn DL 4 times....we keep breakign her down adn she loves it everytime. Her favorite character is Pooh bear and her favorite ride at WDW is peter pan.

Ddad (59---60 on teh trip)--he loves disney as much (maybe more) than I do. Now that we live an hour away from DL, he says that he could go for a weekend once a month just to soak in the magic. He is my partner in crime when convincing my mom to take these trips. I dont think he has a favorite character but he loves teh 7 dwarves. His favorite ride at WDW is Buzz Lightyear.

So background Information:
This trip was never supposed to happen. The last time we were at WDW as a family was Christmas 2007. That spring, my dad took a huge paycut at work, and I was sick all the time so vacation was not in the budget. In 2008, my dad got anew job in California. So we picked up and left virginia moved across teh country to southern california. This was a very very expensive move so teh agreement was that there were not going to be any vacations for a while.

This past year has been very rough for all of us. First, my grandmother (my dad's mom) died of a stroke in january 2009. Than, my grandpa (my moms dad) was diagnosed with Gout adn his health has been deteriorating faster in teh past year than it ever has before. Third, I have been officially diagnosed with severe steroid dependent asthma, Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia, Peanut, egg, shellfish adn chemical allergies; severe eczema; benign brain cyst; and they are in the process of diagnosing me with fibromyalgia. I have had 3 minor surgeries, 5 procedures, and 3 hospitalizations since june. This is where the name of our trip comes into play. We decided that if we do not get out of california for at least a few days soon, we will all lose what little sanity we have left. SO when my parents realized how big of a tax refund we would be gettign back this year, they decided to spend some of it on a trip.
This is what we decided:

July 4th- July 12th

CBR- July 4th-July 8th
4 day base ticket w/ QS dining plan

Leave for Palm Beach the 8th to see my grandparents and fly home the 12th

More in next post....

In addition to regaining our sanity, this trip is also to celebrate my dads 60th and my 21st bday but because we have the QS dining plan, we had to agree on a restaurant that we both wanted to go to...the conversation went something like this:

Me: Do you want to go to a buffet, or a sit down meal?
Dad: Whatever works for you
Me: So a buffet sounds good?
Dad: If thats what you want
Me: Well, character or non character?
Dad: Either one works for me
Me: So i was thinking either CP because I can eat most of whats there and mom likes the characters or Boma because its something we havent tried yet
Dad: Either one
Me: Okay so how about Boma
Dad: Okay

So I made teh reservation...the next day, i showed him teh menu adn this is what happened

Dad: None of it really sound liek what we would like...how about we do crystal palace instead
Me: :nodding my head with a smile on my face: Okay..I'll change the reservation.

So we are going to CP for dinner to celebrate both our birthdays

This plan got changed around many times before we decide on what to do. origianlly, we were going to do Pop century w/ 4 day PH tickets and QS dining plan. Then we were going to do Pop Century w/ 4 day PH tickets and DDP. Then we were going to do CBR w/ 4 day base tickets and DDP and finally we ended up with CBR w/ 4 day base ticket and QS dining plan. I called disney 4 times in 2 days because my mom kept changing her mind.

So this is our plan as of now:

July 4th- Arrive at MCO at 8:45
1 night at Pop- arrive hopefully by 10:30AM
check in and SLEEP!!!

July 5th- check out of Pop
Transfer to CBR around 7:30AM
check in to CBR adn hope our room is ready (I doubt it)
go to DHS to ride TSMM adn see the muppets show (trip tradition)
Go back to the hotel and rest (nap, pool, etc.)
go to downtown disney for dinner (EOS) and to shop:thumbsup2
Back to hotel and hang out and sleep

July 6th- RD at MK
lunch at Mk and see afternoon parade???
back to hotel to rest adn swim
back to MK for fireworks adn parade
back to hotel

July 7th- EPCOT
soarin, TT, adn spaceship earth
walk aorund world showcase for a while
back to hotel for a rest
back to EPCOT...4:50PM reservation at Le Cellier (parents dont know about this yet...i'm paying)
Illuminations

July 8th- MK
check out of hotel
RD at MK
Lunch at 11:30 at CP
leave for hotel
go to MCO to pick up rental car adn leav for Palm Beach

This is my 20th trip and my parents 22nd trip...this trip is not about necesarilly doing the rides and seeing as much as we can. this trip is to hang out on the beach in a hammock, swim at the pool, and to relax and recharge as much as we can.

Your trip sounds like it is go to be wonderful. I am so sorry you have been dealing with so many major health problems. Any chance you will ever be able to come off prednisone. I know that wreaks havoc on the body when taken chronically. Congratulations on your weight loss. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry to hear about all health problems. Sounds like you've got the perfect trip for recharging planned. Judging from your plan, your mom made the right call on not doing Park Hoppers. And YAY for surprising your parents. Can you keep it a secret till you get there?

Oh, and if you're 21 when you get there, make sure to try something in the World Showcase. You can say you had your first legal drink in "INSERT COUNTRY HERE".

Oh and nice icon btw, LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter