Out of Curiosity...

ParksPixar&Pizza

Mouseketeer
My friend and I were talking and we were wondering....on our next trip for our Epcot day, starting with Canada and going counterclockwise. I feel like without even knowing, everyone just starts with Mexico....has anyone done this? Is it annoying going against the crowd?

I don't think there is any against the crowds, they go in every which way.

My thinking is now with FEA, most will go left towards Mexico.

We sometimes go left, sometimes go right, just depends where we are planning on eating etc. I’m not sure most people do go to Mexico first? Especially with some people entering through the international gateway. I think it’s an even-ish split.

My DH virtually flipped out the time I decided we were starting in Canada (It was based on meeting Belle at her first meet and greet of the day). Every trip we have ever had we have started in Mexico and he is a total creature of habit. :rotfl2:He literally wanted to walk to Mexico and start there after we met Belle. :rotfl2:

I don't think you are really going against the crowd- people do go all different directions --- but I totally get the automatic Mexico start you are talking about.

Pro Tip (from friends as well as our backstage tour plaid as I'm not much of a drinker) if your doing drink around the world it's highly suggested you start in Canada first

We always enter in through IG and go counterclockwise, unless headed to a specific attraction the other direction.

Sometimes I really shake things up and take that boat across the lagoon and start there! I'm usually heading back there around noon or 12:30pm.

Then I take a break for a couple of hours and finish up later doing the rest when I return for Illuminations.

Pro Tip (from friends as well as our backstage tour plaid as I'm not much of a drinker) if your doing drink around the world it's highly suggested you start in Canada first
This is how we do it. Canada then lunch in Mexico. Let's you end the day with a nice pint from Rose and Crown.

Traditionally, more people go right in theme parks (counterclockwise), but with rides in Mexico and Norway that probably causes more people than usual to go left. It’s probably six one, half dozen of the other.

My friend and I were talking and we were wondering....on our next trip for our Epcot day, starting with Canada and going counterclockwise. I feel like without even knowing, everyone just starts with Mexico....has anyone done this? Is it annoying going against the crowd?
We started in Mexico last trip and it was packed! Like couldn’t move, 30+ people in line for margaritas packed. When we got to Canada it was practically empty and I totally thought to myself that everyone must start in Mexico. Guess that’s not true but might as well try it!

I typically start in Canada because my favorite drink is located in Mexico..I like to make myself walk a bit and work for it!

We just did it, it did feel a little weird, but it was nice to change things up. For us, it was literally because our fast passes made it a more logical route

Funny, I'd have said just the opposite because if I started in Canada I'd miss my very favorite Disney drink (La Cava's passion fruit margarita - yummy, but too strong for being the last drink of a drink-around-the-world night!)

We certainly have toured it that way. In fact, that seems to be our pattern.

We most often enter Epcot via the International Gateway.

We decide on the boat where we want to go first and head in that direction.

if we're drinking we do Mexico first bc I like to start with the strongest alcohol (liquor before beer, in the clear...)

that said, yeah I think it's kind of willy nilly, I never feel like I'm going either with or against the flow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter