Outlander Season 4 (Spoilers)

The baby is Jemmy (Jeremiah), Roger's Great/Grandfather. Can't remember, but I don't think Roger knows this yet, also can't remember why he's in America. Bri names the baby after him. Did they skip the part where Roger went to the wrong time and found out about his Dad?

The whole Laoghaire and Brianna stuff bugged the carp out of me. But if it means they skip the Bonnet/Brianna stuff I'm good with that.

I have the most problems with the casting at times. Hated Brianna at first (dark brown eyes, really?), but her acting has improved at least. Now, Young Ian. The actor looks NOTHING like the character.

Last edited:
I guess the actress who plays Jenny was unavailable for filming and also pregnant, so they shot the scenes differently of Bree coming to Lallybroch.

I guess I am slightly obsessed as I watch each episode at least 4 times each week. Saw the last episode twice today. I have read all the books including the 1st 5 books twice.

The changes make for good TV. I did think the young actor playing William was a little odd with the facial expressions but I liked the way the episode played out. It gave Claire a chance to interact with Lord John. Watching the interaction with Murtagh was actually pretty funny.

Brianna going to Laoghaire's was a departure from the book but Laura Donnelly's schedule made her unavailable. Having Laoghaire with Frank was interesting. It is known in the books that Frank researched Jamie so his finding out about the fire isn't odd. It was also nice to see Frank sort of give his blessing to Brianna.

I think Roger knows that Morag and baby Jemmy are his ancestors from the family tree Claire gave him.

Dancind I don't think Roger goes back to find his father until book 7 or 8. The Bonnet/Brianna interaction should be in the next episode or so and the producers are not deviating from that part of the book from what I have read.

I just wish they would get more settlers on Fraser's Ridge soon.

It's been so long that I read the books that I don't mind the changes. I really liked the episode before last "Blood of my Blood" with Lord John and Willie. I am anxiously waiting for Briana to get to Jamie and Claire.

Oh, and I really liked that Briana ended up at Laoghaire's house.

Now, someone remind me...the woman and baby that Roger saved, who are they? I know they are Mackenzie but how do they end up being related to Roger?
I think the baby is Roger’s so many times (I forget how many) grandfather.

And for those who have read the books remember that Roger's interaction with Morag comes back to play a very significant part of Roger's story in The Fiery Cross!

tell Laoghaire about preventing her parents death. It seems weird that she volunteer this information to a stranger. Also, Laoghaire seems convinced that Jamie loved her before Claire come along. What do you guy think?

And for those who have read the books remember that Roger's interaction with Morag comes back to play a very significant part of Roger's story in The Fiery Cross!
Yes. As a long time book fan it’s difficult not to see what I expect in the series. I need to keep reminding myself that they are two different things. You know how big the books are and they can’t possibly get it all into a few episodes. I feel like we have an edge knowing the back story.

tell Laoghaire about preventing her parents death. It seems weird that she volunteer this information to a stranger. Also, Laoghaire seems convinced that Jamie loved her before Claire come along. What do you guy think?

I did think that was a little odd on Brianna's part. Laoghaire has been in love with Jamie since she was a young girl. She thought it was returned when he took the beating for her in Season 1 at Castle Leoch. They also had a small kissing section that Claire spotted. Laoghaire then went to Claire for a love potion to open Jamie's heart to her but was convinced that Claire used it on herself. She was always convinced he would have been hers if it weren't for Claire.

They take a backseat in this one. It’s really Bree and Roger’s story.

the rest of the books are the Roger and Brianna show. That I know for sure, lol. How do I explain that to my family who likes the Jamie and Claire show. :rotfl2:

the rest of the books are the Roger and Brianna show. That I know for sure, lol. How do I explain that to my family who likes the Jamie and Claire show. :rotfl2:

I don’t agree with that spoiler at all! As the books go on and the younger characters mature and start their adult lives, all the stories become richer and more interwoven, with Claire and Jamie remaining the central figures that tie them all together.

I don’t agree with that spoiler at all! As the books go on and the younger characters mature and start their adult lives, all the stories become richer and more interwoven, with Claire and Jamie remaining the central figures that tie them all together.

I agree

Oh? I just remembered this, lol.

I meant this season. Claire and Jamie are always the heart of the family. You know how it is once you have kids they become the main event and you step back.

Roger did to Brianna? They get into a fight after being together, he abandons her. At least, make sure she gets to her locked room and out of harms way, Roger! It irked me more than Bonnet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!