• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Outlets at Val d'Europe?

MinnieYC

DIS Veteran
Was does everyone think about the shopping outlets at Val d'Europe? I'm not interested in Disney-related shopping there, but are the other stores good? Are the prices good? If things are discounted, is it the same quality as one would find at a regular non-discounted shop?

We have 3 full days at DLP. Is it worth spending maybe a few hours at Val d'Europe for shopping? I was thinking of maybe combining it with the day we visit the Studios.

Is the RER the easiest way to get from DLP to Val d'Europe? Or is there some sort of shuttle?

Thanks! ::MinnieMo

Here's the link for the shopping center so you can see the stores that are there:

http://www.lavalleevillage.com/lavallee/home.asp?lan=en

It's very upscale. Lots of very high end brands. The vast majority is first quality but there are some seconds which are clearly marked as such. Discount is a min of 30 percent and can go much higher, esp when there are sales. I find it hit and miss, sometimes I find lots of stuff and sometimes I leave empty handed. If you like the brands then I think it is worth it if you enjoy shopping.

I think the hotels have a shuttle. If you take the RER , you get out at the mall and have to walk the length of it to get to the factory outlet part.

We wouldn't visit there again on our next trip.
Maybe we didn't catch it at the right time but there wasn't much at all there.

One word of advice if you do go, don't get the bus.
It goes all around the mulberry bush and it took us nearly an hour to get there. We decided to get the RER back and it only took 5 minutes, its the next stop.

Are there any other areas for shopping that might be discounted but good quality?

:bored: As to the shopping.
I found way to many USA brands.
Why pay for something over there and pay duty on it.
Just to have the same stuff here.
:bounce: We did find a wonderful :fish: :fish: aquarium in the basement.
Do not miss this. There is a very large tank full of the friendliest stingrays.
They swim right up to you asking to be petted.
Yes! It is allowed to pet them. Get discount coupon at the Disney resort.
This was one of the best thing we did while in Paris.
Found quite a lot of the people working there spoke english and very informative with the sea life.

kaygela said:
Are there any other areas for shopping that might be discounted but good quality?

The city of Troyes, about 1 hour away from DLP , is renowned across France for it's outlet shopping. It has loads and loads of factory outlet stores. I haven't been so I can't comment on it.

Went to Troyes in 2003 when we stayed in Champagne area.
It is a Macarthur Glen type of place, which I was not very keen on :guilty:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter