Outstanding National Rate

Aaron

DVC Member
Forgive me if someone's already posted something similar to this, but thought I would share what I was just able to book through National's site:

Full Size Car
Emerald Isle Service (I'm a member, which you can get free through Disney Club or other methods)

1 Week rental for the first week of December

Base Rate: 124.43
24.89 minus Disney club CONTRACT code for 10% off.
16.59 minus Disney club COUPON code for one free weekend day.

add
Concession fee 9.75
Tire/Battery fee 12.30
Fla License Fee 2.46
State Tax 6.45

Grand Total: $113.91. This is for a one week rental, with a full size car guaranteed, or my choice at the Emerald Isle.

YMMV, but this is great for me.

looks like the % off is 20 ......

and the cost you are getting off for a free day is good considering you have a base rate of 124 divided by 7 ....they usually take the division by 7 off the reduced base rate you get with your "DC discount"....

just tried for december 1 - 8 and got these results...DC Discount and DC free weekend day

Time & Distance 1 Week @ 124.43 124.43
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Day @ 20.74 0.00
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Hour @ 10.37 0.00
Unlimited Distance-time & Distance 0 Distance @ 0.00 0.00

Base Rate ___________

Less Discounts:
Discount -24.89
Disney Connection -14.22

SubTotal ___________

Add Surcharges & Taxes: (subject to change)
Concession Fee Recov Chrg 9.8 Pct 9.75
Fl Schrg/tire&bat Fee 2.05 Usd/dy 14.35
Fla License Fee .41 Usd/day 2.87
State Tax (6.0%) 6.74

Total Estimate ___________

anyhow...as long as you have the print out.....there should be no problems.....but just check before you go to verify the rate.....it does not hurt....and if they have to adjust it...they can fax you a new "confirmation"

I just managed to do just a little bit better - I found a coupon insert I got from Delta that is good for $20 off any 5 day minimum rental - makes the rate $110.68...plus I remembered to stick in my Frequent Flyer number so I'll get 50 miles too.

Someone help me here...

When I just tried to redue my reservations for this October, I put in my Disney Club discount # and I also tried using the # for the free weekend day. But it gave me an error code saying that"Coupon capacity control conflict for rental location" Has anyone else had this message come up?

The "capacity control" message means that the rental location has already used its allotment for that particular coupon. In other words, each rental location has a set number of rentals on which a particular coupon is good for - once that number is reached you will get the "capacity control" message.

Try finding another coupon or contract ID you qualify for and maybe that will help to lower your price.

Good luck,

minnie mouse - the same thing happened to me. I made a new reservation using the DC contract code and the one free weekend day coupon. I got the "capacity control" message, too - but was able to use an Entertainment coupon for $15 off a weekly rental.

Well at least I know I'm not alone with the capacity code..
I guess I better find someone with an entertainment book so I can use the $15.00 off coupon as well.

I have an Entertainment coupon ($15 off a week's rental) that you can have.

Aaron--keep checking periodically, the base rate may go down a little more. Right now, I've got a 9 day EA reservation for the first week of Dec. at $168. Last year, rates went down a little more in the fall for that same period.

I just booked the following thru National-- 8 days Nov. 17- Nov. 24th--Full size--Emerald Isle

Base rate:
$145.17

Less Disney club code -$29.03
United Air insert -$20.00

Sub-total:
$96.14

Plus taxes:

Total estimate: $135.35

OK, I could use your help.

I just signed up for the Emerald Card through the Capital One site (thank you Mousesavers!! for the info)...and also got this quote for August 16-24 which is a 1 week plus one day rental:

Time & Distance 1 Week @ 143.44
Extra - Time & Distance 1 Day @ 23.91
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Hour @ 0.00
Unlimited Distance-time & Distance 0 Distance @ 0.00
Base Rate 167.35
Less Discounts:
Discount -25.10

SubTotal 142.25
Add Surcharges & Taxes: (subject to change)
Concession Fee Recov Chrg 9.8 Pct 13.94
Fl Schrg/tire&bat Fee 2.05 Usd/dy 16.40
Fla License Fee .41 Usd/day 3.28
State Tax (6.0%) 10.55

Total Estimate ___________

Now, this is the best rate I've gotten so far. And I thought I was doing great. This is for a Full Size car. I do not have a Disney Club Card and do not plan on getting one, as we are going to Universal and IOA this trip...but I do wonder how I can get that Delta coupon...or any other coupons. My friend has an enertainment book, but she only seems to have a free day or a free upgrade

Do you belong to any frequent flyer programs? Check any recent credit card statements/or mileage statements...all of the that "junk mail" that is inside of the bill/statement that you usually just throw away...usually there are similiar coupons enclosed. Also, if you are a Costco member they have some coupons in their travel booklet (they don't have National but have Budget, Avis, etc.--also, try AAA for a coupon....just a few ideas! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter