overlapping ADR's, will anything get cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristin0713

Mouseketeer
I have two Fantasmic packages scheduled - a Tuesday and a Friday at 4:10. The system also allowed me to book another ADR at 6 for the Tuesday. I really want to do the Friday Fantasmic, but if the weather looks bad that week at the end of the week, I'd like to have the Tuesday option. My question is, am I going to lose one of my ADR's? I was surprised that it didn't make me cancel the 4:10 in a different park. I wouldn't hold on to them both if it wasn't weather dependent.

Where is your ADR Tuesday 6:00 p.m. at?

Usually, they give you a 2-hour ADR gap. So, like you can't have a 4:00 p.m. ADR and then book a 5:00 p.m. ADR, but you could have a 4:00 p.m. ADR and a 6:00 p.m. ADR. With your ADR at 4:00 p.m., the computer figured you were closer to the 2-hour mark so therefore allowed it.

It's at BOG. That's the other thing, I have a BOG Tuesday and Wednesday. And I'm just not sure which night will be better because one of them is a party night. F!/HBD and BOG are the only dinners we want so until it gets closer, I just want to keep my options open.

I"m also nervous because they are different parks, that it might get flagged and one of them will get deleted.

If it was going to get flagged then it would have been flagged at the beginning therefore you weren't have been able to make the reservation.

Which night is the party night?

Party night is Tuesday. So nobody ever gets things cancelled by the system or by "audits" after they are reserved? If I had to choose one, I'd choose BOG and take my chances with the weather for F!/HWD for Friday. But I'd really prefer to leave my options open at this point.

Then leave your options and keep with what you have. I can tell you that I have booked ADR's similar to yours and mine didn't get cancelled. At that time (2 years ago), I had asked the same thing you have and had the same concern but was told the same thing I told you. My ADR's didn't get cancelled until I cancelled them when things got closer. Remember that is you don't cancel, they will change you for the no show.

It's at BOG. That's the other thing, I have a BOG Tuesday and Wednesday. And I'm just not sure which night will be better because one of them is a party night. F!/HBD and BOG are the only dinners we want so until it gets closer, I just want to keep my options open.

I"m also nervous because they are different parks, that it might get flagged and one of them will get deleted.
And while you book multiple that you won’t use another family can not get one. So selfish, IMHO

Yeah, I have one backup F! and one backup BOG. And I let everyone know here on the Nov cancelled ADR thread that BOG opened right after I booked.

FYI, my daughter has been ill for two years. Last year we had to leave the Christmas party one hour in--and we were only in Disney for one night. She is healthy now and we are celebrating.

Yeah, I have one backup F! and one backup BOG. And I let everyone know here on the Nov cancelled ADR thread that BOG opened right after I booked.

FYI, my daughter has been ill for two years. Last year we had to leave the Christmas party one hour in--and we were only in Disney for one night. She is healthy now and we are celebrating.
I'm glad your daughter is feeling better and you can celebrate.
Nearly everyone who goes to Disney is celebrating something that is special to them.
That does not make your holding hard to get reservation you won't use so you can check on the weather any less selfish. JMHO

Or you could look at it as she will make one family really happy when she cancels a reservation and they are able to make a last minute booking.

Nope, it's not the most courteous action to reserve multiple dates for a very, very hard to get reservation when your intention is to use only one of those dates. Reservations that you see others completely stressing over.

I have to agree, it is very rude to book an ADR you have no intention of using. Pick one day, and cancel the other. While it is great you want to celebrate with your daughter (no one can blame you for that!) please consider the other families that may have something equally important to them to celebrate.

I'm sure I'm the only one on this board with a back-up ADR for the only two dinners we're interested in.

And while I could have booked a week straight of F! and BOG, I kept two, and have no other dinners reserved all week.

I am hopeful that the *only* reason I will have to switch around our plans is because of weather, and not a relapse. Just in case, I'm keeping them, and maybe we will go to one twice--and enjoy it thoroughly both times.

Seriously.

Disney's system is so jacked up. Book ADRs 180 days out but lets change hours a week before. This is why we mostly stick to lunches. When night hours get changed an ADR can screw with that. And forget PPO breakfast with those hours changed.

I don't blame people for booking multiples or an ADR. As long as you cancel a day or two before I don't see the problem. Someone will take that last minute ADR.

I'm sure I'm the only one on this board with a back-up ADR for the only two dinners we're interested in.

And while I could have booked a week straight of F! and BOG, I kept two, and have no other dinners reserved all week.

I am hopeful that the *only* reason I will have to switch around our plans is because of weather, and not a relapse. Just in case, I'm keeping them, and maybe we will go to one twice--and enjoy it thoroughly both times.

Seriously.

It is rude to make 2 ADRs if you have no intention to use both. And I have never done so. Many people don't, they book one and roll with whatever happens while they are at the park.

I didn't double book last year when I was 6 weeks out from having my gall bladder removed and still trying to figure out what foods would agree with me and which ones would send me running to the bathroom. And I also had my 77 year old dad along who has part of his heart that doesn't work, so some days he is fine and some days he tires easily and may have to skip ADRs. We just planned for the best and did our thing. We didn't double book and make excuses.

Seriously.

Disney's system is so jacked up. Book ADRs 180 days out but lets change hours a week before. This is why we mostly stick to lunches. When night hours get changed an ADR can screw with that. And forget PPO breakfast with those hours changed.

I don't blame people for booking multiples or an ADR. As long as you cancel a day or two before I don't see the problem. Someone will take that last minute ADR.

I agree with this. Sometimes multiple bookings cannot be avoided and frankly Disney created this system of me trying to guess what I will want to eat 6 months in advance. LOL! I have two days with two bookings a few hours apart because I won't know my FP situation for about 2 weeks. After that I will cancel. Its a flawed system.

I wouldn't hold on to them both if it wasn't weather dependent.

{ADVANCE NOTICE: FLAME PROOF CAPE FROM STORAGE TO SHOULDERS}
1) I would offer an answer, but people booking two ADRs when they intend upon only using one is not fair to others.
2) People should pick a date and time and stick with it.
3) To "double book" an ADR is rude and selfish.
{FLAME PROOF CAPE BACK TO STORAGE}

I agree with this. Sometimes multiple bookings cannot be avoided and frankly Disney created this system of me trying to guess what I will want to eat 6 months in advance. LOL! I have two days with two bookings a few hours apart because I won't know my FP situation for about 2 weeks. After that I will cancel. Its a flawed system.

If you don't know what you want to eat, don't book anything. And then book when you have it figure out. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter