Overwhelmed.....all sounds so different šŸ˜

princess evie

Mouseketeer
Hiya everyone
My name is Evie and Iā€™m generally a lurker (sorry) Iā€™m going back to the world 2nd of October with my partner (no kids) staying all star movies and it will be my birthday while Iā€™m there....Iā€™m feeling very very overwhelmed by everything, been reading lots of posts and itā€™s all so different (was last there 3 nearly 4 years ago) Iā€™ve only got 3 meals booked CP the day after we arrive sci-fi for lunch and story book on my birthday 15th

I suffer anxiety and just the very thought of going is panicking me coz there seems to be lots of changes.

What happened to downtown Disney? What are the sky things? Also my CP breakfast is at 7am which is a magic hour so is it worth it? Like in terms of getting in early coz you have a ressie and walking down Main Street empty?

Would you go to a park on the day of arrival? What do you do on your 1st full day? What are the chances of getting CRT now? I thought dinner reservations were 90 days out so totally messed up on that one, Sorry for all the questions just all seems different and overwhelming xx

Hi princess Evie.
The main thing is remember you are on holiday, you donā€™t have to make lots of plans, just relax and let each day come as it may.
Downtown Disney gas changed a lot. Parts of it however, you will recognise straight away,the area near earl ofvsabdwich and the Disney store is exactly like it was, same for the majority of the area around the cinema.
Tge big change is the bit that joins the two, which was pleasure island. Thatā€™s where the change is and the whole area is now called Disney Springs.
We donā€™t go to the parks when we arrive, but thatā€™s because we stay off site in a villa and 1st say is getting everything we need together, but we just go with the flow and relax, we donā€™t need to be at the parks from early opening to close, we potter around a bit lol

Hi Evie
If your not big eaters or happy to wing it you can still get into most of the restaurants just maybe not at the main meal times. Or keep an eye on the My Disney App and that will allow you to book a reservation on the go as well. your Reservation at CP you should be allowed in around 6:45am so you should be into a fairly empty park. Thatā€™s a really lovely experience and we love to get photos by the castle.
For CRT keep calling Disney Dinning, people do change their minds so they do open up.
Downtown Disney has changed, itā€™s now called Disney Springs, but not in a bad way as the PP said the market place end and cinema but are still the same with a few new or update stores and decorations. The world of Disney store has had a make over. The middle section has lots of new restaurants and shops (amongst them are a Sephora, mac, uniqlo) and the whole area has a much more updated and up market feel about it.
What time do you arrive? If your arriving late afternoon and your feeling up to it by all means hit the parks or take that time to check out Disney Springs. For us we like to check in, eat, maybe swim (depending on what time we arrive) and then crash out and then itā€™s up early for our breakfast reservation and Then we tour whatever park we are in. You can make FP from 60 days from your date of checkin so that should be around the end of this month, for example we arrive the 5th October so our FP date is the 7th August.
The sky thing is the new cable car thatā€™s running from certain resorts (art of animation, Caribbean beach and from December the new Riviera Resort to HS and Epcot. Itā€™s not been confirmed if itā€™s going to be open by October they are still in testing phase.
But please donā€™t worry Iā€™ve been loads of times and I still worry if Iā€™ve booked the right resort, meals and fast passes. Itā€™s a lot to take in but as has been said your on holiday just enjoy it and remember if you donā€™t see it all this time you can always go back.

You did a few different posts like this a few weeks ago about different aspects of the trip and lots of people offered advice - have a read of them, take a deep breathe, and enjoy yourself. It is a holiday after all. Absolutely nothing to be anxious over :-)

Hi princess Evie.
The main thing is remember you are on holiday, you donā€™t have to make lots of plans, just relax and let each day come as it may.
Downtown Disney gas changed a lot. Parts of it however, you will recognise straight away,the area near earl ofvsabdwich and the Disney store is exactly like it was, same for the majority of the area around the cinema.
Tge big change is the bit that joins the two, which was pleasure island. Thatā€™s where the change is and the whole area is now called Disney Springs.
We donā€™t go to the parks when we arrive, but thatā€™s because we stay off site in a villa and 1st say is getting everything we need together, but we just go with the flow and relax, we donā€™t need to be at the parks from early opening to close, we potter around a bit lol
Hiya thank you for taking the time to reply šŸ˜Š being o
Hi princess Evie.

hiya thank you for your reply šŸ˜Š Iā€™ve been saying this to myself that we will indeed be at Disney
Iā€™ve planned to go Disney springs on the 1st evening and then off to MK on the 1st day, have managed to get Crystal Palace for 7am as I know weā€™ll be up early on the first morning xx
Hi princess Evie.
hiya
Iā€™ve been saying this to myself when Iā€™ve got in a panic lol we are on hols and at Disney what more could we want šŸ˜Š
Iā€™m planning to go to Disney springs on the evening we get there just to mooch about and have dinner.
Iā€™ve planned MK on out 1st morning at Crystal Palace for 7am as weā€™ll be up early due to jet lag and time difference xx

Hi Evie
If your not big eaters or happy to wing it you can still get into most of the restaurants just maybe not at the main meal times. Or keep an eye on the My Disney App and that will allow you to book a reservation on the go as well. your Reservation at CP you should be allowed in around 6:45am so you should be into a fairly empty park. Thatā€™s a really lovely experience and we love to get photos by the castle.
For CRT keep calling Disney Dinning, people do change their minds so they do open up.
Downtown Disney has changed, itā€™s now called Disney Springs, but not in a bad way as the PP said the market place end and cinema but are still the same with a few new or update stores and decorations. The world of Disney store has had a make over. The middle section has lots of new restaurants and shops (amongst them are a Sephora, mac, uniqlo) and the whole area has a much more updated and up market feel about it.
What time do you arrive? If your arriving late afternoon and your feeling up to it by all means hit the parks or take that time to check out Disney Springs. For us we like to check in, eat, maybe swim (depending on what time we arrive) and then crash out and then itā€™s up early for our breakfast reservation and Then we tour whatever park we are in. You can make FP from 60 days from your date of checkin so that should be around the end of this month, for example we arrive the 5th October so our FP date is the 7th August.
The sky thing is the new cable car thatā€™s running from certain resorts (art of animation, Caribbean beach and from December the new Riviera Resort to HS and Epcot. Itā€™s not been confirmed if itā€™s going to be open by October they are still in testing phase.
But please donā€™t worry Iā€™ve been loads of times and I still worry if Iā€™ve booked the right resort, meals and fast passes. Itā€™s a lot to take in but as has been said your on holiday just enjoy it and remember if you donā€™t see it all this time you can always go back.
Hiya
Thatā€™s good to know I can get into MK a bit early šŸ˜Š I ,managed to book CP and askerus with the princesses on my birthday.
We arrive in the afternoon so planning on heading to Disney springs in the evening just to have a mooch about, ive also booked MNSSHP which Iā€™m looking forward to šŸ˜Š and thatā€™s about it.
Cable car sounds exciting fingers crossed in October we may get to ride it xx

You did a few different posts like this a few weeks ago about different aspects of the trip and lots of people offered advice - have a read of them, take a deep breathe, and enjoy yourself. It is a holiday after all. Absolutely nothing to be anxious over :-)
I couldnā€™t find them lol....will go and have another look xx

Hiya
Thatā€™s good to know I can get into MK a bit early šŸ˜Š I ,managed to book CP and askerus with the princesses on my birthday.
We arrive in the afternoon so planning on heading to Disney springs in the evening just to have a mooch about, ive also booked MNSSHP which Iā€™m looking forward to šŸ˜Š and thatā€™s about it.
Cable car sounds exciting fingers crossed in October we may get to ride it xx
That sounds like youā€™ve got it all worked out. MNSSHP is greet fun and we donā€™t normally watch parades but I make the effort at the party to go and see both parades they are brilliant and you get rare characters as well. Fireworks are spectacular, make sure you are in the hub for those

That sounds like youā€™ve got it all worked out. MNSSHP is greet fun and we donā€™t normally watch parades but I make the effort at the party to go and see both parades they are brilliant and you get rare characters as well. Fireworks are spectacular, make sure you are in the hub for those
Iā€™ve got that sorted at least lol šŸ˜‚ I really enjoyed MNSSHP the last time I went, Will defo so parades and fireworks thank you xx

I suffer anxiety and just the very thought of going is panicking me coz there seems to be lots of changes.

Ditto, and Disney can be a high pressure situation if you let it. Remember to take time out for rest and remember that even if you visit for weeks you will never get everything done. I've made the mistake of trying to tick everything off the list and out makes you miserable when you should be enjoying yourself at your pace.

Ditto, and Disney can be a high pressure situation if you let it. Remember to take time out for rest and remember that even if you visit for weeks you will never get everything done. I've made the mistake of trying to tick everything off the list and out makes you miserable when you should be enjoying yourself at your pace.
Ahh Hun sorry to hear that šŸ˜ it does make us panic but Iā€™m really trying not to let it take over now, Iā€™ve just been booking what reservations I can get for where Iā€™d like to eat and going to take it from there šŸ˜Š and if it means Iā€™m at MK more days than not so be it lol xx

Remember the MDE app can help you find quieter areas and show you which rides and shows have availability and how long or short the waits are. It makes a huge difference to me I canā€™t cope with huge crowds my anxiety goes off the scale when I canā€™t see the floor in front of me. Itā€™s much easier to avoid the places where the crowds are, there are plenty of places to just take a breather and just people watch if things become too much to deal with. We break up the day doing this just grab a cool drink and seek out some shade and take as much time as you need to regroup if you need to. Make good use of air conditioned attractions too yes they hold a lot of people but itā€™s organised and so cool it gives you chance to just enjoy the time youā€™re in there. Donā€™t feel you have to do everything in one day... if a park gets very busy hop to another one by bus or monorail and enjoy a quieter park or go to the water parks.. they can be so relaxing and your tickets cover entry to them too ..nothing beats spending time cooling of in a lazy river floating along on a rubber ring for a while before experiencing the rides there.

My only advice is that once you enter the Disney bubble, you're on holiday and just take your time and do things at your own pace. People have provided loads of useful advice and the thing that calms me down is making sure that you don't try to do too much. Your trip will be great but anything that you don't get to do is just an excuse to go back again in the future :)

My only advice is that once you enter the Disney bubble, you're on holiday and just take your time and do things at your own pace. People have provided loads of useful advice and the thing that calms me down is making sure that you don't try to do too much. Your trip will be great but anything that you don't get to do is just an excuse to go back again in the future :)

Downtown Disney changed its name about 5 yrs ago to Disney Springs. Its still the same place but will a lot more different stores and places to eat. The sky thing is the new Gondolas that transport people from one place to another.

Downtown Disney changed its name about 5 yrs ago to Disney Springs. Its still the same place but will a lot more different stores and places to eat. The sky thing is the new Gondolas that transport people from one place to another.
Thank you Hun šŸ˜Š only have 8 days now till I go xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!