Owners Locker at Universal

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
I have an OL which I love. This was originally supposed to be a Disney only trip, staying on-site, but now I’m attending a work conference and staying at Universal (Sapphire Falls) for 4 nights beforehand. Unfortunately it looks like the Universal hotels aren’t on the drop down delivery options. Weirdly enough though, the conference is being held at the Hyatt Regency near Universal, which IS a delivery option. Would it be acceptable to get the OL people to deliver to the Hyatt the first day of the conference, and then I pick up the locker before Ubering back over to Universal (I would tip bellmen of course).

Anyone have other recommendations? (I don’t think anything in there is vital, but there is just the convenience factor, which is why I have it!)

That’s odd. I didn’t realize they don’t have Uni in their drop downs.

In the faq I found:

Can you deliver my Locker to a non-approved resort?
Not for the standard Visit fee. When you schedule your Visit, make a note in the comment section and we can discuss how to handle your request.”

That’s odd. I didn’t realize they don’t have Uni in their drop downs.

In the faq I found:

Can you deliver my Locker to a non-approved resort?
Not for the standard Visit fee. When you schedule your Visit, make a note in the comment section and we can discuss how to handle your request.”
Ok, cool! I’ll contact them to see if they can deliver to my actual hotel! Thanks!!!

Interesting. I had them deliver to Royal Pacific Resort in 2011 and Portofino Bay Hotel in 2012. And to hotels connected to the Orlando convention center in 2014 and 2015.

OP, will the locker fit in an Uber?

Interesting. I had them deliver to Royal Pacific Resort in 2011 and Portofino Bay Hotel in 2012. And to hotels connected to the Orlando convention center in 2014 and 2015.

OP, will the locker fit in an Uber?

I'm pretty sure I had them deliver to a Universal hotel, too. I'm just so surprised!
Yeah I was surprised too. I think on some cached web pages the Universal hotels showed up, but not anymore! I did select the “other hotel” and wrote in SF. I’ll let you know the result!

While I can't speak to a drop off, I was just at Royal Pacific in September 2018 and it was completely available to be picked up from (we started at AKV). IIRC they are all listed under Loews and not Universal.

ETA: this piqued my curiosity so I double checked and sure enough, OP is correct. No Universal hotels on any of their lists. Odd. And unfortunate.

Last edited:

A few years back, I had my owner’s Locker delivered to the hard rock, and the bellman was complaining about having to deal with them and they were talking about not accepting them anymore. Guess they had enough.

That's what I'm thinking, because I doubt the John and the team at Owner's Locker would refuse to go there. Maybe the last straw was when the blue DVC lockers (like mine) came out.

Right?
So weird.
I had checked too, thinking for sure the OP had missed it.
What - you didn't trust me! :P:P:P

I haven't heard back from OL about the "other resort" option. Fingers crossed they will still deliver and Universal just asked to be taken off the main list?

I emailed OL and they emailed me back that Universal has stopped them from dropping off/picking up at the resorts, strollers too.

Yeah I just called OL and they said Loews is not allowing them to deliver at all. Their vans are literally blocked from entering property! Ridiculous! They are really upset at Loews and have fought it, but lost. He thinks its because Loews is cutting cost with the bell services.

I also brought up that I was doing a conference at the Hyatt Regency, and he said it would be risky to do a drop-off there because sometimes they will double check reservation names and turn the boxes away. So now I guess I will have to just get the OL for the Disney portion of my trip, which is annoying because now I need to think about what I could need during those few days vs whats already packed in storage!

Had anyone received a notification from OL about this change? We have a split stay coming up (start at Uni then move down the road) and now need to figure out what to do...

Had anyone received a notification from OL about this change? We have a split stay coming up (start at Uni then move down the road) and now need to figure out what to do...
I didn't get a notification. I just noticed it when I was editing my visit on the website and had to call in to ask.

Universal's official stance is they are still allowing them, but they have to get dropped off at the business center. That incurs a charge per weight ($15 for under 25 lbs, $25 for 25-50 lbs, etc). OL also told me that doesn't work for them, because they need a load dock for delivery and now Loews won't give them access. His best advice would be to schedule the delivery at a Disney hotel and stop by there to pick it up, because Disney will accept all the lockers and doesn't check with the registered guests. Other hotels may verify the list with registered guests and turn them away.

More confusion - I called Universal to get their side of the story/complain about the policy and got transferred to a TM who claimed he was actually at the Bell desk at RPR. He said hes unaware of any policy and that he still sees purple boxes. Nothing about needing to go to the business center. Just as long as it has the name of the guest on it we can pick it up from Bell Services as we've done in the past...

I'm glad I saw this thread. I checked my upcoming reservation and it wasn't there anymore. Like I didn't even make it. Also as reported, no option to choose Hard Rock as a pick up or drop off. I usually have a couple of days at Universal either before or after my DVC stay. This time it's after so I guess we'll just leave it to get picked up from Copper Creek. With all the anger Disney gets for changing things with no notice, this is just as bad if not worse. I certainly don't blame any hotel or resort for not wanting to deal with it but I'd rather get some sort of communication about this.

Reviving this thread...

There's a new DVC offer with OL and I'm considering it strongly, but we usually do a few days at Uni.

Anyone have recent experience with Loews hotels and OL?

From my understanding Universal does not allow deliveries of OL. We recently stayed at a location not list. We called and they were able to arrange it but they gave us other options.

1. They told us they can deliver it to MCO and you can pick it up when you get off the plane
2. Deliver it to a WDW resort and pick it up on your way to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter