• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Owners Locker ?

MinnieGirl33

DIS Veteran
We are rethinking our position on the Owners Locker (ok, maybe I just was bummed I didn't sign up for the Beta trial til after our Jan trip & our May trip was too far out to be included.)

Am I reading the sign-up page correctly in that the one time membership fee of $75 includes the locker and initial delivery/pick-up and the yearly storage fee of $99 includes one delivery/pick-up?

So the first year would actually include 2 visits & subsequent years would include 1 visit (unless purchasing the unlimited plan)?

Or have I just not had enough coffee yet? :surfweb:

You've got it exactly right, MinnieGirl33....and thanks, Doc!!

We were SO quickly swamped with volunteers when we were looking for Beta testers and you're right...it was just timing. We focused on people who were coming down very early in the year...sounds like we must have announced our trial right after your Jan trip....sorry...but do hope we see you as one of our Charter Members!!
John

I can attest that the service is wonderful. I wasn't sure just what all we might leave behind in our locker, but after using it the second time, it is truly filled to the brim. Even though I documented what we left in there the first time, there were some things I forgot to put on the list, and it was fun to open the locker up and see what all was in there -- kind of like opening a present.

Using the locker basically eliminated one suitcase for us on this last trip and enabled us to leave things that saved shopping time, like a Brita water pitcher and filters.

I have to agree with RweTHEREyet, we werent sure what we would leave in the Owners Locker too. On our first trip when we were leaving and started filling the OL up with items that we always bring down with us and cant live without, we realized we filled the OL to the top and i was very nerves if we were going to be able to get the OL closed and secured with the plastic pull strap. Everything worked like a charm, the OL was secure and we left it with bell service, by the time we got home I had a wonderful email from John/Brian
letting me know my OL was back home safe and sound in the warehouse.

I would also like to mention that during our stay, we actually ended up moving to a different resort that was listed as our departure resort, we had bell service from BCv send the OL to BWV were we were supposed of stayed according to our arrival/departure dates & resorts. Thank you Bell service at BCV & BWV and Thank you John & Brian for the Owners Locker and making my Life easier and less packing for me. :thumbsup2

Thanks John!

Have already started making my list & hit Target last night (and we're not back til Aug :laughing: ).

Already thinking abut filling that suitcase that will be emptied into our OL with souvies! :goodvibes

Already thinking abut filling that suitcase that will be emptied into our OL with souvies! :goodvibes
That's exactly what we did in April!:lmao:

It was a MUCH more expensive trip than usual eve though we had the free locker from beta testing. We also had a completely empty suitcase for on the way home so I could buy, buy, buy and not worry about space issues! Oh, boy. That's dangerous at WDW!

We lover the owners locker service, by the way. Can't say enough positive things about it.

We lover the owners locker service, by the way. Can't say enough positive things about it.

Being an Owners Locker user has a similar feeling to moving from studios to one bedrooms. Ain't looking back.

Brita water filter! What a great idea to leave in the Owner's Locker. I cringe at the thought of drinking the tap water in Orlando and end up buying endless bottles of overpriced water during our stay. Haivng a Brita in our locker will be PERFECT! Thanks for the hint!

Brita water filter! What a great idea to leave in the Owner's Locker. I cringe at the thought of drinking the tap water in Orlando and end up buying endless bottles of overpriced water during our stay. Haivng a Brita in our locker will be PERFECT! Thanks for the hint!
We always take our Brita pitcher with us to WDW, and this alone is one reason that the Owner's Locker tempts me. However, we only have one trip planned to WDW this year, and since we are going on the PC cruise next year, we may not get to WDW at all. For that reason, it's hard to justify the cost.

Why oh why wasn't this available LAST year when my DD was interning at Disney and was there for the entire year!? We made at least 4 trips in 2006!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter