Owning 2 resorts

DisMomKY

Mouseketeer
Would this work? We want to own 100 pts at SSR to use every other year for a 1br by banking and borrowing and then a 2nd contract of 60 points to bank/borrow so we can do every other year at AKL in a Savannah view studio and the opposite year at a 1 bedroom at SSR. Or are the studios at AKL easy enough to get at 7 months out that we could just buy our extra points at SSR

Depends you want Jambo or Kidani and what time of year? Kidani is easier than Jambo and currently summer the odds are highly in your favor. October through January it will be more iffy and dependent for studio switching pretty much anywhere.

Though with AKL and SSR being about the same price on the resale market (with dues being the biggest difference in finance) you might enjoy owning both. Owning AKV you have a chance at the elusive Value or Club level rooms (total luck even at 11 months) and can easily down size later or switch resorts. I think if you going to each resort every other year you won't have too much of an issue maintaining the two contracts (especially if you buy the same UY).

I can't answer the availability question for AKL, but it is certainly doable to own two resorts. We own BLT and BWV with the same Use Year. We did it that way so we could combine the two at the 7 month mark if we wanted to. There are others that don't do it that way if there are better UYs for your different trips (ie SSR in the spring and AKL in the fall, for example). But, our plan has been to alternate between the two each year as well.

Depends you want Jambo or Kidani and what time of year? Kidani is easier than Jambo and currently summer the odds are highly in your favor. October through January it will be more iffy and dependent for studio switching pretty much anywhere.

Though with AKL and SSR being about the same price on the resale market (with dues being the biggest difference in finance) you might enjoy owning both. Owning AKV you have a chance at the elusive Value or Club level rooms (total luck even at 11 months) and can easily down size later or switch resorts. I think if you going to each resort every other year you won't have too much of an issue maintaining the two contracts (especially if you buy the same UY).
Yeah we figured we’d do EOY with each one and plan do be able to do a 1 bedroom at SSR or OKW. We usually travel in October but thought we could alternate between October and May

Also, at Kidani (and Jambo), SAV view are more available than STD view. There are 108 SAV and 60 STD Lock-offs at Kidani. Both the higher inventory and higher point cost leave the SAV view available longer than STD.

Also, at Kidani (and Jambo), SAV view are more available than STD view. There are 108 SAV and 60 STD Lock-offs at Kidani. Both the higher inventory and higher point cost leave the SAV view available longer than STD.
We would definitely want Kidani over Jambo if possible and definitely SAV so if we could get those at 7 months we wouldn’t worry about buying at AKL

We would definitely want Kidani over Jambo if possible and definitely SAV so if we could get those at 7 months we wouldn’t worry about buying at AKL

I think getting May more often at AKV is definitely a possibility. As mentioned, October is really busy and trading out, depending on when you go, could prove difficult. But, AKV is large enough that booking right at 7 months gives you a pretty good chance!

I'd look at this then. In my experience this past year it seems to be fairly accurate in the grand scheme of things. Kidani is far less popular than Jambo (for studios) so you have better luck with that and wanting Savannah view. Also since you previously stated interest in May travel it could be better.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-bd-charts-september-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/

I'd look at this then. In my experience this past year it seems to be fairly accurate in the grand scheme of things. Kidani is far less popular than Jambo (for studios) so you have better luck with that and wanting Savannah view. Also since you previously stated interest in May travel it could be better.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-bd-charts-september-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/
Thanks! So May, June and July look pretty easy to get for most locations. That’s good to know

Thanks! So May, June and July look pretty easy to get for most locations. That’s good to know
The only thing to be mindful of is DVC is doing stuff with the point charts in 2021 to try and shift seasonal demand and might do so later this year with the 2022 point charts to do so more. But if flexible it definitely can work out.

The only thing to be mindful of is DVC is doing stuff with the point charts in 2021 to try and shift seasonal demand and might do so later this year with the 2022 point charts to do so more. But if flexible it definitely can work out.
We are definitely flexible (for the most part) we can go late May, June, July, a week of October sonce our kids are in school

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter