Oz 3D Blu Ray

CouchTater

Mouseketeer
I am really disappointed with the way Disney chose to release this movie. The 3D version at Best Buy was $32.99. It included no regular Blu ray or DVD nor any extras just the 3D movie and digital download. On the regular Blu Ray combo there was a code for free Lone Ranger admission not on the 3D version. Additionally there was a printable $ 7.00 coupon for the Blu ray combo that was not good on the 3D version. Why such a bare bones release in 3D? This was one of the 3D releases I was looking forward to but I chose to buy the regular Blu Ray for the extras and it was by far a better value. I will watch it in simulated 3D on my TV. Not as good but due to the poor marketing a choice I felt compelled to make. I hope this isn't going to be their strategy for all future 3D releases if so they will lose a customer. I'll wait to buy on the aftermarket used on Ebay or other outlets instead of buying as a new release.

an update to my Oz purchase. As I stated I chose to buy the regular Blu ray combo due to the lack of extras and lack of coupon for the 3D version. Upon entering my code in DMR I found an offer for the 3D disc for $5.99 which I took advantage of. A rather inconvenient way of getting the entire package but I read something which now makes me understand their reasoning. People are buying the packages which include the 3D disc, Blu ray and DVD and selling them in parts on Ebay etc. cutting into Disneys profits. I wouldn't mind buying just the 3D disc if they included the extras and allowed the use of coupons and promos such as the Lone Ranger ticket. I really dont need 4 different versions of the movie but for as much as they cost I do expect to get the same bonuses as the other packages.

The 3D was sold out when I went to best buy! And decided to buy the blu+DVD... Then my surprise to have the rewards for the 3d movie... Now, will these be like this from ow on? Please Disney guide us cause monsters university as well as little mermaid are coming out andi want the whole set without spending a fortune

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter