Packed & Moved..Disboutiquers Part 6 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stripe definitely goes w/ the disco dot. WHAT a great haul!!! My Joann's always has CRAP in the way of Disney fabrics. They're all in flannel. COME ON, we live in FLORIDA people!!!!:rotfl:

You gound the elusive Mickey Disco Dot!!! And, at a great price!!!! :worship: You got some fantastic finds!!! I think the strip goes with the Mickey Dots, what were you going to make with it?

I have the pink Pooh one, it is so pretty, isn't it!

I was so happy to find it, you couldnt believe it!! I live in Philly for goodness sake, and my Joann's hardly ever has anything disney - but go to MT and find the gold mine!! Last Feb when I was there I found the pink searsucker minnie heads - its such a GREAT store!!!!!!!!!

Guess, I need to travel to MT more often - they had everything!!!!:thumbsup2

I got Clay's shorts done last night. I like the set but have to admit I'm not sure about the contrast cuff on the shorts. I'm concerned it looks too girly... I think because I've done similar cuffs on Capris for Zoe. I left the edge above the stitching unfinished so it will fray a bit over time like on deco jeans but something about the color of the thread (a dark golden brown) against the red reads too pretty to me. Can you tell I'm a bit unsure when it comes to boys' clothes? :lmao:

mickey_potc3.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Well, here are my MT souviniers!! The Kallispell Joann's was AWESOME!! I found the Mickey Disco Dot I wanted for $3/yard!!! They only had about 2.5 yards, but I was very happy! Also, does that striped fabric coordinate with the mickey? It was right next to it, but I wasnt sure. Also got some cool tink, snoopy and poohbear!!! Got some disney cuties for 1.50/yard - not my favorite, but the girls just love it!! All the fabrics were on clearance except the red/black mickey icons and the summer snoopy!!

100_1312.jpg

100_1313.jpg

Wendy

Oh wow, I'd love to find some of the disco dot! I don't know what I'd do with it but I always wish I could find it when I see the cute things made. I got lucky in Feb or March when our JoAnn's had red tag at 50% off to get a few Disney prints but they have absolutely none now in that section and not much of the regular priced prints.

I got Clay's shorts done last night. I like the set but have to admit I'm not sure about the contrast cuff on the shorts. I'm concerned it looks too girly... I think because I've done similar cuffs on Capris for Zoe. I left the edge above the stitching unfinished so it will fray a bit over time like on deco jeans but something about the color of the thread (a dark golden brown) against the red reads too pretty to me. Can you tell I'm a bit unsure when it comes to boys' clothes? :lmao:

mickey_potc3.jpg

I definately don't think it is too girly, it's perfect. And I love the pirate Mickey applique

Hi Everyone,

Well, here are my MT souviniers!! The Kallispell Joann's was AWESOME!! I found the Mickey Disco Dot I wanted for $3/yard!!! They only had about 2.5 yards, but I was very happy! Also, does that striped fabric coordinate with the mickey? It was right next to it, but I wasnt sure. Also got some cool tink, snoopy and poohbear!!! Got some disney cuties for 1.50/yard - not my favorite, but the girls just love it!! All the fabrics were on clearance except the red/black mickey icons and the summer snoopy!!

100_1312.jpg

100_1313.jpg

Wendy

I am majorly jealous of your amazing finds. The only place that sells Disney fabric up here is Walmart, and they're closing the fabric department.

Here are a few pictures of Camp Promise. It was a wonderful year - only one incident of seizures and some sunburn - other than that everyone was happy and healthy! It was an amazing time, and I learned so much about acceptance, love and taking life for what ya got. Hopefully the campers learned some things too = lol!!!!
100_0965.jpg

100_1172.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1196.jpg

100_0979.jpg

100_0967.jpg

100_1047.jpg

100_1087.jpg

100_1093.jpg

100_1236.jpg

100_1260.jpg

Sorry there are so many, but it was hard to choose what to share!! A last one to show you how much snow was left up at Logans Pass in Glacier!!!
100_1146.jpg

And here is a snow ball for all of you!!
100_1142.jpg

Thanks so much for asking and thinking of us while we were at camp!!!

Wendy

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! Glad to hear it was a good year!

Hi Everyone,

100_1312.jpg

100_1313.jpg

Wendy

What great finds! Add me to the disco dot loving people!

It looks like you had a great Camp Promise! Every one looks so happy. Wow the snow! I thought we had a lot of snow this past winter.

Lisa, The shorts look great! Then again I love all of your stuff!

mickey_potc3.jpg

Oh wow, I'd love to find some of the disco dot! I don't know what I'd do with it but I always wish I could find it when I see the cute things made. I got lucky in Feb or March when our JoAnn's had red tag at 50% off to get a few Disney prints but they have absolutely none now in that section and not much of the regular priced prints.

Looks like everyone had a great time at camp promise.

Lisa, your outfit looks awsome. Definatally not too girly. You always put your foot in it when you make customs. Way to go (again)!

Does everyone have a moving buddy? We don't want anyone to get lost as we make the trip to the new location. ;)

nope I loaded the pillowcase on photobucket w/ no problems this morning. I have the pink pooh print too, I got on clearance 4 bucks a yd. and the clearance stuff was 1/2 off...SWEEET I picked it up in case we get a BIG GIVE recipient who loves pooh. I find myself doing that a lot now. Saying ooh, I should grab this for a BIG GIVE since it's on sale.:rolleyes: I just am really excited about this project. Although I am a nervous wreck now that I've sent my outfit out.:scared: I hope everything fits right and the pant legs are even.:laughing: That would so suck!

...t.

It worked for me this morning, then just a little while ago I was having trouble. I'll go check it again soon. I think it's just that scary preview they have on there, it scared my computer so much it froze up!!!! :rotfl:

Here are a few pictures of Camp Promise. It was a wonderful year - only one incident of seizures and some sunburn - other than that everyone was happy and healthy! It was an amazing time, and I learned so much about acceptance, love and taking life for what ya got. Hopefully the campers learned some things too = lol!!!! Thanks so much for asking and thinking of us while we were at camp!!!

Wendy
Wendy, I'm just in tears looking at your wonderful pictures!!! That looks like an amazing place!!! :hug:

mickey_potc3.jpg

Ok, I called Corey over, and asked him to look a the outfit. At first he did say that the stitching looked girly, but when I told him that it was for a 5 year old he said, "OH! Well, that's fine then! I thought it was for like a 20 year old or something! For a 5 year old, that looks neat." So, there you go, an opinion of a 16 year old boy.

Do we have a new thread set up yet??

I'm working on it right now!!! Is everyone ready???? We are almost there, I do NOT want to have to wait an hour for you to get ready when it's time...

Oh, woops, that's the speach I give to Arminda when we are almost somewhere! That child brings SO much stuff with her wherever we go!!! Then, it takes her forever to get it all together when we get where we are going!!!!

Is everyone getting their pettis from Sam's? And does anyone have the link? I thought I saved it but apparently I didn't (I'm forgetful that way.)

Is it taking 6 months to get orders or are they coming faster? I'm hoping to get a couple for the fall.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,

100_1312.jpg

100_1313.jpg

Wendy

I AM SO EXTREMELY JEALOUS! I want 1/2 of those fabrics but my Joanns doesn't have them. My Joanns is really kind of junky when it comes to fabric and the local Hancocks closed during all that bankruptcy stuff. So I sit here and sulk while I watch everyone get such great finds!!! You are a lucky DUCKY!!!! I did drive to the next closest Hancocks last month and bought way more fabric than I need... And Minnie Dot... so life isn't so bad, just not so good sometimes either! :rotfl2:

I do remember seeing some Hannah Montana satin that wasn't flannel backed. I think it was at Walmart, but I can't be so sure on that. It was either Walmart or JoAnns.

Thanks Jen. I'll check it out maybe tomorrow, too hot to go out right now. I appreciate you letting me know. The girls LOVE HM so that would just be a total kick for them. They are having a HM viewing party the night the concert is on so if I make jammies for them for after the party I'll be like soooo coool,lol.:rotfl2:

I checked JoAnn's. They had several princess and fairy prints on satin but I didn't see any Mickey or Minnie. They feel fairly lightweight but I do think they are considered flannel back because the back feels slightly fuzzy and the fabric itself has a bit more body that satin often does.

Awesome thanks Lisa, I'll ask DH to go tomorrow. I haven't been to a fabric store in so long I should probably go just to see what else they have. I've gotten to used to just ordering from FB and Sewzannes.

Hi Everyone,

100_1312.jpg

100_1313.jpg

Wendy

AWESOME fabrics!!!

Here are a few pictures of Camp Promise. It was a wonderful year - only one incident of seizures and some sunburn - other than that everyone was happy and healthy! It was an amazing time, and I learned so much about acceptance, love and taking life for what ya got. Hopefully the campers learned some things too = lol!!!!

100_1047.jpg

100_1087.jpg

100_1093.jpg

100_1236.jpg

100_1260.jpg

Sorry there are so many, but it was hard to choose what to share!! A last one to show you how much snow was left up at Logans Pass in Glacier!!!
100_1146.jpg

And here is a snow ball for all of you!!
100_1142.jpg

Thanks so much for asking and thinking of us while we were at camp!!!

Wendy

That looks like a great camp, such fun.

I think they're great. I totally love that shirt, I just can't get over it. I think the sleeves are my favorite because they are so unique. I gave up trying to do boys clothes. DH always says they were too girly :rotfl2:

Awesome thanks Lisa, I'll ask DH to go tomorrow. I haven't been to a fabric store in so long I should probably go just to see what else they have. I've gotten to used to just ordering from FB and Sewzannes.

I don't often go to fabric stores in person, either. Mostly I get thread and notions when I do - today it was thread. Shopping online is so convenient and actually cuts back on my impulse purchases. (OK, my curiosity is piqued... what is FB? I love Sewzannes for knits as well as The Fabric Fairy.)

I think they're great. I totally love that shirt, I just can't get over it. I think the sleeves are my favorite because they are so unique. I gave up trying to do boys clothes. DH always says they were too girly :rotfl2:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles with this. It's amazing how hard it is to do something cute that doesn't come out too pretty. Mostly I stick to tees - those are pretty safe. LOL Of course it doesn't help that 99% of my fabric stash is not really appropriate for boys' clothes.

Is anyone else having trouble getting Photobucket to load today? It might just be my computer, but it just gets stuck on the homepage, and the homepage has some ICKY YUCKY advertising for some DVD I DON'T want to see! Seriously, WHAT are they thinkig putting that there?????? (I think the DVD is called Shutter? )
I have no intention of wanting to watch this movie either. The trailers scared me when it came on tv. I used to have to change the channel when they would come on.

Is anyone else having trouble getting Photobucket to load today? It might just be my computer, but it just gets stuck on the homepage, and the homepage has some ICKY YUCKY advertising for some DVD I DON'T want to see! Seriously, WHAT are they thinkig putting that there?????? (I think the DVD is called Shutter? )

I haven't had any problems but I've only used it once today. I guess since photobucket is free for many users, they have to sell advertising. I've seen some interesting on ads on this board for that very reason. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter