Packing for a 6yo?!?

tmfranlk

Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.
My baby sister and I leave for WDW in just one week!!! Mom is wanting to get her packed this weekend, but I am drawing a blank as to what extra things to have her pack. I live in Boston and she's in St. Louis so I am trying to think of any kid-type things that she may need that I won't have packed from my end. We only have a few hours and a night of sleep from the time I get to St. Louis to meet her and when we leave for the World so we don't want to miss anything in the rush.

Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks!!

Okay as the mom of a 5 1/2 yo, off the top of my head.

sunscreen
light weight jacket
disposable camera
water bottle
sunglasses on a string thingy--if she will wear them
maybe a lttle book to get autographs in--they do have these at the world, but I like having them ahead of time in case you see a character before you buy it.
protable non-messy snacks--cereal/granola bars, fruit snacks, raisins etc in case she''sstarving while you are in line
and a kid size hip bag to carry her stuff in!

Have fun!

I have a few more things to add (my daughter is 7...I've learned from many mistakes!)

-kids' bug repellant
-band aids (for blisters)
-anti-itch cream, in case the bug repellant doesn't work
-a water bottle with a spray fan attached (you can get them at Wal-Mart for about $5 or at the parks for about $18)
-individual bags of goldfish crackers, etc.
-coloring books, and other little things to do in the hotel room
-anything needed for swimming or pool fun like beach balls, water wings
-a robe for the pool
-extra shoes...one pair always gets wet!

Hmmm...that's all I can come up with right now. Another idea, about the character autographs:
Get a Polaroid I-Zone camera (the little instant camera that makes sticker pictures...they're on sale at Target for $9!) These little sticker pictures are perfect to put on the page next to the characters' autographs:)

Thanks for the help so far...I had forgotten the water wings and the bug repellant (she's a feast for misquitos it seems).

Anything else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter