Packing for a 7-day

Poohbear2398

Earning My Ears
Hello. I am looking for any advice that can be given. I need to start thinking about packing for the 7-day cruise and I am little concerned. I am going during "winter" months, so I will need to pack a few "warmer" clothes too. I only want to pack 1 bag and 1 carry on and then pack an extra bag in my suitcase to have for the return trip. I have read about using space bags & ziploc bags. What seems to work the best? Also with the potential to have my bag search at the airport, I am trying to make this as easy as possible.

With all that being said, any packing tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Poohbear2398:Pinkbounc

I have not tried the space bags so I can't help you there. I have uses the large size zip-lock bags though. They do work well for underwear etc. Pack the travel size items like shampoo and lotion.

As far as packing, do not pack a lot of clothes for the ship- you will bring back half of them never worn. We stayed in our bathing suits and coverups during the day-especially on sea days. Bring clothes that can be mixed and matched.

If you plan on doing laundry on the ship bring the laundry tablets and a few dryer sheets. Do laundry early in the morning on a sea day- DH is a morning person and did ours one morning about 6 and was the only one in the laundry room.

Zip locks work GREAT! And they're not so special that you can't use them for other things! I put full sets of kids outfits in each bag (shorts, shirt, underwear and socks) so they just grab a bag and get ready. Once it's in, I sit on the bag to squeeze out all the air. It's pretty comical, but it makes a huge difference in space!

While on the cruise, I used the ziplocks to pack up sandwiches from room service for the short excursions, to put sandy water shoes in coming in from the beach, etc.!

I do agree about the laundry comments. I never thought I'd do laundry on vacation, but it was worth it to not have to do mountains of it when we got home!

Lay ouy everything and then pull 1/3 of it out before you pack! I brought home so much we didn't wear!

We used the Space Bags on a trip to Las Vegas last year. Here's the problem: When you get all of the air out of the bag it forms a really tight package. When our bags were searched at the airport - it was necessary to run these space bags through an x-ray in order to see the contents. If it hadn't been a really slow day at the airport - the screener would have had to open the bags and search the contents. So be aware - while these are great for saving space while packing you may have to open them at the airport.

What coins do you need for the washer & dryer on the ship ?

What coins do you need for the washer & dryer on the ship ?

Quarters. Bring a bunch - the dryer usually takes 2 runs.

Julie

Yes, bring quarters. We brought a roll of quarters, did 2 loads (lights and darks) of laundry and had a few quarters left over.

It wasn't that big of a deal for us to do laundry on the ship. We were only a few doors down from the laundry room so DH did not feel uncomfortable leaving the clothes in the wash for a little and coming back to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter