Packing List

Jasesmom

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if any of you have a standard packing list :) I have a spreadsheet with stuff we will need for WDW/DCL but feel as though I'm leaving things out. HELP?

I have some musts:
Mini scented hand sanitizers: (serves multi-purpose: nice and cool w/a nice scent on a hot day to refresh behind ur neck and on arms & can make some not so yummy surrounding scents less noticible)
Collapsible laundry bin: this is nice to put in the room & throw everyone's dirty laundry in @ the end of day
Ziplock baggies, lipbalms, granola bars for airport, tissue, handiwipes, sweatshirt (no matter what the weather), sunscreen, talcum powder, organizer to hang over bathroom door, clothespin to hang up wet bathing suits or keep curtains closed.
~ These are just some of my must haves that might be different than others!

I pack using the "take everything I can think of" method. Then when I'm finished with that method I follow up with "wander the house and throw in everything useful I see". I wish I were joking. I'm a serious over packer and never touch half of what I bring. Sounds like I need to look at some of these websites lol

Lol

I have some general rules I use for packing like 2 swim suits so one is always dry and undies is # of days x2 for ds, x1.5 for dd. I try to have a couple of bottoms I can wear with more than one shirt. Everyone has an extra shirt in their carry-on when we fly (full outfit for ds).

I make a list every time we go anywhere. It just varies depending on where we are going and how long of a trip we are taking. And I type or write out in red the things that I absolutely cannot leave behind like my son's breathing meds, daughter's BBB items. I also generally have a list of things I need to accomplish and purchase before we leave.

Since this is the single parent board, I'll mention my top rule for packing. Pack as if no one will help you with your stuff.

Since this is the single parent board, I'll mention my top rule for packing. Pack as if no one will help you with your stuff.

OMG, YES!!! I pack both of our stuff (DS's & mine) in one suitcase that I check, one carryon bag, DS's car seat (which I check while he's still a lap child) and his umbrella stroller that I use to cart him through the airport.

IMO, it's no one's responsibility, but my own, to carry our things while traveling. It's inconsiderate to pack all this stuff and expect other people to carry, lift and place your items in the overhead bin. This includes Flight Attendants. Contrary to popular belief, it is not the Flight Attendant's job to lift your bags. If you can't physically lift your own bag (for whatever reason...pregnant, medical condition, whatever), then check it.

Wait a minute, how the heck did I get up here??? Stepping down from this soapbox. Carry on! Lol

I drive down, so one of the most important things I pack is a fold-up dolly that I got at Sam's Club. I can stack 2 cases of drinks and 2 suitcases at once on it and pull that and another rolling suitcase all at the same time, with a couple of bags thrown over my shoulder. I paid less that $25 for that dolly, and it's one of the best things a single parent can have!

Wait, people actually expect others to CARRY their bags for them? I have never in my life heard of such a thing. As I mentioned above I am a chronic over packer but I carry that mess all by myself (and vow I'll never do it again every time). God bless flight attendants and other airline/airport employees who deal with people who don't want to carry their own things THEY packed.

I don't know but I have seen people ask for advice on getting all of their stuff through the airport and child on the plane and others offer up advice that included asking for help or looking like you need it. I'm usually thinking to myself, "It's great if someone helps; but what if they don't?"

Wait, people actually expect others to CARRY their bags for them? I have never in my life heard of such a thing. As I mentioned above I am a chronic over packer but I carry that mess all by myself (and vow I'll never do it again every time). God bless flight attendants and other airline/airport employees who deal with people who don't want to carry their own things THEY packed.

I've seen people (not old people either) stop at the aircraft door and say, "I have a bad back, I'm pregnant, I can't lift above my head...can you grab my bag and stow it for me?" I was on a flight this weekend. A man came on with a rolling suitcase, stopped at the door and told the flight attendant, "I have a cracked rib, can you grab my bag and stow it for me?" I was thinking, "dude, you should've checked your bag!"

Hi, I'm the exact opposite of an overpacker. I think I was emotionally scarred as a child by how much my mom over packed! We were a military family and moving was usually an ordeal.Also I'm paranoid about the airlines losing my luggage and I would have to pay this time for even the first bag. Anyway, now I only pack a carryon and one extra small bag for myself and the same for DD11. We never check a bag. I ordered groceries along with a bottle of sunscreen so that is one less thing to pack. Also our room will have a hairdryer. I'm low maintenance as far as cosmetics and we're going in August so a summer wardrobe takes up much less space, though I visited my brother in January with the same amount of luggage. Just wear your bulkest clothes while you are traveling. We will be in jeans or sweats traveling down and change when we get there if it is too hot. I do make a list and try to just pack the bare essentials. Its amazing what you can do without!

I forgot to say though that this works partially because my daughter is older. A parent with smaller children would probably need a bit more stuff (stroller, diapers, changes of clothing, etc).

I forgot to say though that this works partially because my daughter is older. A parent with smaller children would probably need a bit more stuff (stroller, diapers, changes of clothing, etc).

I agree. It was very tricky getting all our stuff in one suitcase and one carry on. Luckily, I have a friend in Orlando. So, she took us to the store when we arrived, to purchase diapers, wipes & disposable bibs. Then, she shipped them home to us after the cruise.

I'm going to have to be very creative when we go to Alaska next year. I'll have to pack DS (who will be 2 y/o) & me for 10 days in one suitcase and one carryon. This time, we'll have bulkier clothes.

I have been trying to do better and pack lighter these days. I actually found that doing a couple of loads of laundry during our trip was a huge space saver and easy to do during one of our mid afternoon breaks.

I pack using the "take everything I can think of" method. Then when I'm finished with that method I follow up with "wander the house and throw in everything useful I see". I wish I were joking. I'm a serious over packer and never touch half of what I bring. Sounds like I need to look at some of these websites lol

This sounds like me except I use to be write a list of everything I need than pack than walk around the house and I always over pack. This time I checked all the sites went through the lists and cut back a lot. But I'm afraid half the things that I've never used that I took off this list this time is going to be half the stuff I need this time lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter