packing suggestions?

Yvette Q.O.D.

Queen of Disney!
We leave in 17 days and I've got that panicy feeling already. You know, "I can't pack that yet, maybe I'll do that now, no just before we leave, should I bring this or that, yada yada."

So any suggestions on how to bring as few pieces of luggage as possible for 5 people (Me, DH, DS 13, DD 9, DD 6). We will be there 9 days and changing hotels once. It is mainly because of the hotel change that I want to travel lightly. Anyway we are driving and would like to travel as light as possible. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Yvette
:jester: :bounce: :bounce:

One suggestion would be to pack enough for 5 days and do laundry halfway thru your trip. It's not something that I like to do, myself, but it may be a necessity. A couple of Tide Rapid-Action Tabs and a few dryer sheets in a Ziploc bag takes up a lot less space than 4 days worth of clothing for 5 people.

Tell the kids that if they want to bring half the contents of their rooms, then they will have to carry it all on their own backs. My DS10 acts as if we are moving instead of going on a vacation! Stuffed animals are limited to one per child and only if it is essential to their sleep! I also let them know that if the suitcases are full going down to FL, there will be no room for souvenirs on the way back.

If you're staying in a Disney moderate or deluxe hotel, you do not need to pack towels for the pool. They are provided poolside. This will save LOTS of space.

Use trial sizes and sample sizes for everything. No need to pack a full bottle of shampoo or cream rinse when a couple of little bottles will do.

Pack your sandals, wear your sneakers.

Wait until you get to Orlando to buy bottled water, soda pop and snacks. Buy only what you will need for the first hotel room and make a mid-trip run to the grocer for more supplies when you change hotels.

I hope that you can use some of these ideas.

Also mix and match your packing. Do not put all of one persons belongings in one siutcase. If that suicase goes AWOL (heaven forbid) that one person would be without anyting until the suitcase shows up. Packing a little of each persons stuff in each suitcae would ellimate this.

Ziplocs are a great idea for several reasons. They're good for keeping stuff that you don't necessarily want opened by the baggage checkers. Also you can roll up clothing and squeeze all the air out, and it totally gives you more space.

I love packing! it's the unpacking i hate.

Thanks for all the tips, I will definitely use some of them this trip. I guess it's time to start packing.

Yvette
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter