Paddlefish or Boathouse

Thanks all! I think I will go for the Boathouse!

Thanks for posting this. We were debating between the two for Christmas Day. We decided on Boathouse too (the claimed social distancing issues are a non-issue for us.)

Right now I have an ADR for Paddlefish in early Nov. Main reason is my daughter loves crab legs and they have them. Boathouse has better reviews but menu doesn’t look like they have crab legs. Is there anywhere else that does? Thanks in advance!

Love Love Love the Boathouse! We have always sat outside - either on the deck or take a walk down the ramp to the Dockside Bar! Have never eaten at Paddlefish.

Boathouse, hands down. Paddlefish just wasn't good for us. We even tried twice. Lunch and dinner.

We've eaten at both and prefer the Boathouse. The food is aleays delicious there..Paddlefish was just boring. Don't even remember what I ate there.

I just wanted to note that we love the Boathouse. We try to go every trip. We're only moderately concerned about distancing issues and sitting outside was comfortable. They definitely were not adhering to 6 foot distancing recommendations last time we were there (dinner in early August), as I noted, and it was the most crowded I've ever seen the restaurant. However, whenever we've gone for lunch (pre COVID), there have been a lot of open tables. Therefore, if someone does want to try the Boathouse but is concerned about distancing, I personally think going at lunch and/or asking to sit outside are viable options to achieving distancing.

The third deck lounge at Paddlefish is wonderful for a sunset drink before heading over to The Boathouse to get a great Gibson's steak charred on the outside and medium rare inside, done perfectly by their patented high heat broilers. Raglan Bar for after dinner 3 finger Irish whiskey nightcap and to listen to some folk! Perfect night for this old pirate! pirate: .Sleep like a dream.

Last edited:
Also, FWIW, Homecoming is the most overrated restaurant in DS.
Hmmm, I'd disagree with this. We've eaten there several times since its been open and enjoyed every visit.

Of course, every body's taste is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!