Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: I'm a efficiency expert.

Congrats on that. I'm not an expert in much, outside of tomfoolery and strategizing. I can tell you have expertise in efficiency, because it's quicker to type just 'a' versus 'an'.

You have to use up all your fastpass in one park first because you are not allowed to use the first 3 fastpasses in multiple parks.

I would check out the FP+ FAQ in TPAS.

So basically, I used 3 fastpasses per hour per person! Beat that!

Cool. My personal best is 22 FP in one day. In MK. That included multiple 7DMT. I doubt that is anywhere close to a record though...

Last edited:
Thank Mohamed that we’re in the rumor boards...there’s so many strategeezers and efficiency experts here posting useful info!

But the Facebook friend of a friend who was able to beat the system and buy extra Fastpasses so she could ride Voyages of the Little Mermaid 4 times in a row...there’s the real genius!

ride Voyages of the Little Mermaid 4 times in a row...there’s the real genius!

Ride VotLM?

Silly Otter! Are you confusing UtS with VotLM?

Because:

1. UtS is the best ride in all of WDW.

2. VotLM isn't a "ride"

3. I would pay between $200-500 to ride UtS all day, non-stop, without exiting the clam shell. (I would have to pre-dehydrate as to not need to restroom.). I really, really, really hope there is a non-stop UtS package when WDW offers paid FPs. I assume there will be, given how awesome the ride is.

My bad...I always get those two confused; I think one of the previous posters said it was UtS. I agree with you, but I’m not sure I would purchase fastpasses for it. It seems like I always get a headache about the 4th-5th time through if I ride it within an hour or two.

Ride VotLM?

Silly Otter! Are you confusing UtS with VotLM?

Because:

1. UtS is the best ride in all of WDW.

2. VotLM isn't a "ride"

3. I would pay between $200-500 to ride UtS all day, non-stop, without exiting the clam shell. (I would have to pre-dehydrate as to not need to restroom.). I really, really, really hope there is a non-stop UtS package when WDW offers paid FPs. I assume there will be, given how awesome the ride is.

I don’t know if it’s awesome but probably more in the under-appreciated category.

Edited to add: Of course I make that judgment without having even ridden it.

They might even throw in a cupcake at the end! Obviously worth it.

Exactly how much is enough for Disney? They are making gobs of money. Constantly charging more while the experience of visiting the parks is going downhill. You pay more to experience less now, and it’s only getting worse. I’m DVC and even with not having to”pay” for our resort we’re still spending around $15000 per annual (13 night) trip for our family of 7. I can’t imagine adding in the cost of FPs now for 7 people. This is just getting way too expensive. I used to feel like it was worth the money but now, service is declining and the crowds are so insane that it’s starting to feel like it’s no longer worth it. Sorry for the rant but this is just really disappointing to me.

Not a chance. WAY too many onsite guests for that system to work at Disney.
Exactly how much is enough for Disney? They are making gobs of money. Constantly charging more while the experience of visiting the parks is going downhill. You pay more to experience less now, and it’s only getting worse. I’m DVC and even with not having to”pay” for our resort we’re still spending around $15000 per annual (13 night) trip for our family of 7. I can’t imagine adding in the cost of FPs now for 7 people. This is just getting way too expensive. I used to feel like it was worth the money but now, service is declining and the crowds are so insane that it’s starting to feel like it’s no longer worth it. Sorry for the rant but this is just really disappointing to me.

Main reason we never seriously considered DVC. Too much uncertainty about all the other areas they were going to keep raising prices on and all the ways they were devaluing the memberships.

Main reason we never seriously considered DVC. Too much uncertainty about all the other areas they were going to keep raising prices on and all the ways they were devaluing the memberships.
My nephew and his family are DVC members and I just look at it all in amazement. They don't really seem to care about much. They go very casually, having not ever considered reserving 60 day out fast passes until I starting coming with them three years ago. I would be mortified about the upcoming changes if I were in their shoes. I let my AP expire and don't plan on buying another until I'm actually living down there. When I'm mostly retired and have all the time in the world, I probably won't mind standby lines for a top tier ride. As a vacationing commando, standby isn't doable. Not having unlimited cash for upgrades is an absolute though, so this FP situation could turn out to be horrifying for me in the mean time.

Last edited:
This is just getting way too expensive. I used to feel like it was worth the money but now, service is declining and the crowds are so insane that it’s starting to feel like it’s no longer worth it.

I understand what you are saying, but as you (and many others) have said, the crowds very much negatively effect one's in-park experience. So how can Disney control the crowds, outside of increasing pricing (rhetorical question)?

Last edited:
Currently I stay on site for the 60-day FP window and the ease of transportation to the parks. And I like being in the bubble. But if they don't give me an advantage to booking FP's for staying on site, I would think about something else. Especially with a growing family. It would be silly of them to not retain some advantage to on site guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter