Paid Previews?

If there are a lot of takers, I wouldn't be surprised to see it for Toy Story and Star Wars. I believe that people will stop paying for extras when they don't see the value...I just don't know where that point lies.

$299 per person. That would be out of our price range. Family of 6-- $2000 for one day. I could still see people paying it.

Wow, 50 bucks an hour to see retheming a day early. Expect 150 to 200 an hour for a totally new land at SWGE, and maybe 100 an hour for Toy Story since "only" 1 existing ride with some new ones.

I think they did one for MSEP returning too.

Thus far, they have only charged for the “privilege” of being the first to experience the re-opening of already existing attractions that have been brought back or re-themed. They haven’t done it for something brand new, like Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters.

Thus far, they have only charged for the “privilege” of being the first to experience the re-opening of already existing attractions that have been brought back or re-themed. They haven’t done it for something brand new, like Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters.
Which makes no sense since you'd think people would be more willing to pay for early access to new things. Or it could be that DLR hasn't had that much new of late to consider charging for. Time will certainly tell if this is just the new standard approach.

Which makes no sense since you'd think people would be more willing to pay for early access to new things. Or it could be that DLR hasn't had that much new of late to consider charging for. Time will certainly tell if this is just the new standard approach.

DLR has not had anything majorly new since Disney really started this push for charging for every little experience, only re-imagined attractions. I’m not completely convinced that they would start charging for brand new things, like SWGE or the new Marvel themed area when it debuts, since the previews are often used to make sure everything is working and running as intended before opening day. I just remember the Pandora preview at WDW and how they were still very much working out the kinks with FoP and CMs were being trained in their new areas. If people had to pay for the experience of not fully functional rides and CMs who were just learning their area across the board, there would be a whole lot of complaining.

DLR has not had anything majorly new since Disney really started this push for charging for every little experience, only re-imagined attractions. I’m not completely convinced that they would start charging for brand new things, like SWGE or the new Marvel themed area when it debuts, since the previews are often used to make sure everything is working and running as intended before opening day. I just remember the Pandora preview at WDW and how they were still very much working out the kinks with FoP and CMs were being trained in their new areas. If people had to pay for the experience of not fully functional rides and CMs who were just learning their area across the board, there would be a whole lot of complaining.
I have no doubt in my mind they will charge for SWGE access not just because they can but also to limit attendance because people would line up days in advance if they didn’t.

I have no doubt in my mind they will charge for SWGE access not just because they can but also to limit attendance because people would line up days in advance if they didn’t.

I do think they’ll charge as well for the first experiences right before the public opening, but I also do think there will be some form of extremely limited previews, probably not for APs specifically though. I can see them randomly sending out invites like PIN codes.

I do think they’ll charge as well for the first experiences right before the public opening, but I also do think there will be some form of extremely limited previews, probably not for APs specifically though. I can see them randomly sending out invites like PIN codes.
That is possible.

Agree . .SWGE should be so popular that they won't have Season Passholder preview events.

They will give Season Passholders the first opportunity to BUY tickets to a preview event. The grand opening probably won't be just an open to the public deal . .it will probably be a ticketed event (tickets purchased and/or given to groups (like the media, vloggers, etc.).
The fact the SWGE has two entrances at WDW (that seems to be a fairly small tunnel) makes it perfect to control the crowds in/out of there for special events.

I mean . .they are already doing it with Toy Story Land, right? Season Passholders have the first opportunity to buy the merchandise?

Agree . .SWGE should be so popular that they won't have Season Passholder preview events.

They will give Season Passholders the first opportunity to BUY tickets to a preview event. The grand opening probably won't be just an open to the public deal . .it will probably be a ticketed event (tickets purchased and/or given to groups (like the media, vloggers, etc.).
The fact the SWGE has two entrances at WDW (that seems to be a fairly small tunnel) makes it perfect to control the crowds in/out of there for special events.

I mean . .they are already doing it with Toy Story Land, right? Season Passholders have the first opportunity to buy the merchandise?
They only have early access to the magicband so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter