Pal Mickey: would you buy it?

Would you buy Pal Mickey?

• Rent

• Buy

• Forget about it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MetalMasterC

Aura of Misfortune
Most probably know about it already, and there may be a post on it somewhere else on The Dis already, but I thought I'd re-enlighten you on it if you have, and inform you if you haven't.

There is a new toy about to debut in WDW, and it's called Pal Mickey. Pal Mickey is an interactive plush Mickey, with an electronic sensor telling you about each attraction when it gets close to it. Also, in about May, it wil be able to tell you which characters are in the park when Mickey gets near their area. How does he let you know? He vibrates, and you press his hand for him to talk.

Even after the vacation is over, Mickey can still play games, and even remind you of your vacation. So basically, it's like an extremely advanced Tickle Me Elmo. LOL He also tells a lot of jokes, albeit corny, but he'll still make you laugh.

Pal Mickey costs $8 /day for rental or $50 just to buy it. The rental, though, requires a $50 deposit, basically to prevent fraud and theft. If the rental period goes past 5 to 7 days, you keep it and they will charge you the deposit. (Actually, I'm not too clear on this, I'm going on what my managers told me.)

So, the question is now, would you rent, buy, or forget about it. Let me know. :)

I think it sounds cute. If I had small children, I'd probably buy one. Actually, I'd probably buy one for my 83 year old grandma. She got such a big kick out of those interactive pins last year. I can see her riding in her wheelchair with Mickey on her lap.:D

if interactive means talking then definitely no. Why buy what I probably can't hear.

I think I'd rent if for a day and see if it was worth the $50. I'm not sure from the description but would the $8 go towards the purchase if you wanted to keep it?

So, the question is now, would you rent, buy, or forget about it. Let me know.

I'd forget about it. It's kind of like having a tour guide;)
Might be cute with adults who have small children, although my fiance' says we should rent it for one day to see what it's like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter