Palo Brunch AND Palo dinner-overkill?

Delrea

Mouseketeer
Our upcoming cruise is #6 for us on DCL, this time just the hubby and I no kiddos. I've booked both Palo brunch and Palo dinner? Thoughts-overkill??

The two experiences are too different for it to be an overkill. :) That being said, it is A LOT of food. So I would put a lot of space between them and skip lunch if you booked both the same day.

We did both on our 7 night cruise and it wasn't overkill at all! We did not do them on the same day or even back to back days so that definitely made a difference. There is just so much food to choose from and I tend to have a portion control issue! :-)

Agree with everyone responses. If you are on a 7 night or more do both and spread them out. However, if you are on a 3-4 night, I would do just Brunch.

We did B2Bs this summer and had Palo dinner on Sunday then brunch on Thursday. It worked out well. Both are different experiences so it's not really like you are doubling up.

On the other hand a few years ago, just because of the way the sea day fell, and the dinner we wanted to miss, we ended up having brunch the morning after dinner. To make it even a little worse this was also the night we lost 1 hour changing the clocks. I walked into brunch already full. ;)

I like both for different reasons but over time we've decided its just too much food. We pick one and do it early in the week... towards the end we've eaten so much over the course of the cruise (and we really don't eat that much in any case) that we really find we don't enjoy it as much. All-you-care-to-eat takes on a different meaning when its all meals every day! We decided to skip it and Remy entirely this December due to that and so we won't have to pack as much.

We normally do both. We did both on the same day one cruise and even spacing them out about 10 hours, it was still waaaaay too much food. We were miserable.

go ahead and do both ... but make sure that you have a full 24+ hours between them.

For brunch day ....
  • Get up in the morning... hydrate, take any necessary meds (if food is needed - only eat the minimum!!)
  • Take a walk on deck 4: three to four miles is good
  • Up to the pool deck ... to hydrate after your walk and cool down
  • Shower, get dressed and take the elevator up to Palo
  • Enjoy Brunch ... take your time: 90 minutes to 2 hours
  • Pay your tab, tip you waiter
  • Order a wheelbarrow to return you to your room
  • Dress in much looser clothes
  • Walk some more - just try to stay awake!
  • Think about dinner, get slightly nauseated at the thought of it, but go enjoy time with your tablemates and have a light meal
  • Evening shows and activities
  • Back to the room - say: "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" (explain that to your kids and grand kids)
  • Try to find a comfortable position to sleep
Public Service Announcement: DO NOT SCHEDULE a massage for anytime after a Palo meal .... just don't do it!!

Definitely not overkill, just not on the same day. We have both scheduled for our upcoming cruise, but we have one on the first sea day and one on the last to spread it out. I'm excited since I haven't tried brunch yet, but I loved the dinner. We were going to do Remy too, but just decided it was too much.

We did Palo Brunch, Palo Dinner, Remy Champagne Brunch, and Remy dinner on a 7 night a few years ago on the Fantasy (our friends wanted to try all the adult options so we went with them). Doing all four was definitely too much and I wouldn't do it again.

I wouldn't hesitate to do one brunch and one dinner on the same cruise, but as the PPs have said, space them out and you will enjoy them more.

Since you will be traveling without the children, I say, go for it! You might not do it, if the children were with you, so why not make it a truly adult cruise?! You deserve it!

We almost always do both. In fact, when we cruised in May we were unable to snag a brunch ressie at check in, but got a dinner ressie at Palo no problem. Once onboard I was able to book a brunch ressie but it was only on the same day as our dinner; instead of changing we kept them both and had brunch and dinner on the same day. Overkill for sure :rolleyes1 Oops. Won't do that again! However, we will continue to book both, just not on the same day again :crazy2::rotfl2:

On our upcoming cruise, we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary. We are having brunch with our friends and a dinner for just the 2 of us. No overkill at all!

Agree with everyone responses. If you are on a 7 night or more do both and spread them out. However, if you are on a 3-4 night, I would do just Brunch.

Ditto. We did a b2b west coast and Alaska with one Palo dinner and two brunches. It was great but I think just one dinner and one brunch would have been more appreciated even on a b2b 12 day cruise. I think on a 7 night you could enjoy both a dinner and brunch without it feeling like overload.

We do both and love it! Our tradition is the first sea day is our brunch, then we do dinner on Pirate night.
On our 10 night Hawaiian cruise, we did the brunch twice on the first sea day and then the last one. :D

We do both when on the Magic and Wonder, spread out appropriately over the cruise. On the Fantasy, we do either brunch or dinner at Palo and the opposite at Remy. One brunch and one dinner per cruise either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter