Palo brunch First timer

I like all the seafood, particularly the two types of seared tuna on the seafood table and the caviar on the supplied toast points, the variety of vegtables prepared in interesting ways, the cheese selection, and the chicken parm. I skip the breads to save room for the other stuff and for a selection of desserts.

We like to reserve a table right at the 10 am opening and take pictures of the various buffet tables before it gets too crowded. DW doesn’t drink alcohol, so our server usually offers me a second free drink.

As to the tipping question, my usual tip for brunch or dinner at Palo is $15 per person. Any extra-cost drinks get the 15% autogratuity. I add enough to this to make make it close to 25%, particularly if I’ve asked advice from the sommelier at dinner.

Last edited:
As to the tipping question, my usual tip for brunch or dinner at Palo is $15 per person. Any extra-cost drinks get the 15% autogratuity. I add enough to this to make make it close to 25%, particularly if I’ve asked advice from the sommelier at dinner.
It's been MANY MANY years since the Palo upcharge was only $15. It is now $30 per person!!

edit ...
oops!!
didn't see / read / register the most important word .... TIP ... in the above post!!

Last edited:

There was a post about this a little while back. The consensus seemed to be that for lunch or dinner at Palo, tip based on what you think the meal would cost at a nice restaurant, although platinum guests that dined free often tipped higher. I think for brunch this worked out to about the same or maybe a little higher than tipping off the $30 per person surcharge (e.g., for two people, I'd probably tip around $15-20 because 20% would be $12 but is in an ordinary restaurant I might pay around $40 for a really nice brunch like that, and there would also be the two mimosas added to the bill). For dinner the consensus seemed to be that it should be quite a bit higher because a meal like that would cost far more than $30, though the tip amounts varied quite a bit person to person.
Do we tip at Palo or after the cruise?

I don't think there's any comparison between the eggs Benedict at Palo and those found on the buffet.

Truth. Without question! And Palo usually has 3 different varieties of Eggs Benedict, prepared to order.

Slight thread hijack...apologies in advance. What are everyone’s thoughts on solo dining at Palo brunch? Hubby won’t be there for my and DS’ Halloween cruise, and I’ve booked Palo for myself, but am really waffling about whether to keep it.

I would dine solo there, especially for brunch! The views outside are so pretty, you will have more than the awesome food to look at. LOL

Do we tip at Palo or after the cruise?

Tip at the end of your meal when they bring the tab for the Palo fee.

As for comparisons of Palo Brunch to others I have done, I would expect to pay more than $55 or $60 pp for a brunch with this quality and selection of higher end food items. At least here in FL, that's what we would pay for a truly comparable brunch. :cutie:

Slight thread hijack...apologies in advance. What are everyone’s thoughts on solo dining at Palo brunch? Hubby won’t be there for my and DS’ Halloween cruise, and I’ve booked Palo for myself, but am really waffling about whether to keep it.

I love Palo solo brunch. It's very delicious, and your server will take excellent care of you. Plus you can relax and enjoy the beautiful ocean views. The only drawback is that you don't have anyone to split an entrée with if you decide to order something off the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter