Palo - Champagne Brunch

bahama97

Mouseketeer
For those who have done this before, what did you think of it? Can you reserve certain times or is it one particular time? I am looking for it in the passporter & I see that they do it on sea days, but I don't see a reference to the times that can be reserved. I'm just trying to coordinate my Flounder's Reef Nursery reservation with the brunch time. THANKS!

Upon embarkation, you will need to make your reservation at Palo since it does book up FAST. Yes, it is only on sea days and you can reserve a time.

It is the most wonderful brunch you will ever have, lots of antipasto, desserts, entrees both breakfast and lunch types.

I've never been able to get High Tea reservations though! Sounds like that would be nice to try also!

Good luck!

Rae

They told us to arrive at 10:30 and I think brunch ends at 1:00.

rae- You must become friends with a Cat 3 or better taking the same cruise as you are. They can reserve tea ahead. All of us are doing a Dis'er high tea together! ;)

We dropped our five year old off around 10:20 and they seated us early, although our reservation was for 11:00. I loved the shrimp and the crab legs and to top it off, we ordered a steak to go along with our eggs. I must have eaten my weight in crab legs alone. Going back in May and we can't wait.:bounce:

We loved it-- I can't remember what time but I think it was about 10 a.m. I know this sounds crazy but they had the BEST pizza I've ever had! It was wonderful!

How does it work if you want to book dinner, high tea and brunch? I know how it works on the Wonder, where you can only book dinner, but on the Magic, do you have to go into 3 line ups? Or can you do all of the reservations at one time?

The dreams are now going to start all over again. Walking in to the wonderful decor, sipping my glass of champagne, looking over the tables of salads, sweet bread w/ butter and jam, the smell of the entree's being prepared by the chef's. You will miss out on such a wonderful experience if you don't go. Don't miss it !!

Just back and did both dinner and brunch in Palo. You will not regret it! We decided to do brunch on our Key West day which worked out perfect. We docked around noon and reserved brunch for 10:30. By the time we "waddled" out of Palo we just needed to slip into more casual clothes and head out to Key West. The brunch is absolutely wonderful, food and service.

Originally posted by thedisneymom
They told us to arrive at 10:30 and I think brunch ends at 1:00.

rae- You must become friends with a Cat 3 or better taking the same cruise as you are. They can reserve tea ahead. All of us are doing a Dis'er high tea together! ;)

I wish they had a different system for these events - but for those who do get Category 3 and above, you deserve it!!!

Happy Sailing!

Rae

I have put out my question on the DIS board so many times (how do you book the 3 palo meals - one at a time, or all at once) and nobody has answered me yet. I am a planner! I need to know! haha
Thank you!

nedleycan-

All the Palo reservations can be made in Rockin' Bar D after boarding. When I made reservations for the 2/22 Magic, there was one table for dinner reservations, and a second table for brunch/tea reservations. I was fortunate to arrive before lines had formed, so I was able to walk up to each table, but I would assume that eventually two lines formed. It may be worth having two people there, one for each line.

I was successful in making reservations for tea, however! Here was my game plan: arrived at the port around 10:30, in the boarding line by 11:00 or so, boarded around 12:15 and went directly to Rockin' Bar D for Palo ressies. We basically had our choice of times/days for all three meals. We then went to the spa (again, had our choice of times), hit the stateroom to drop off our bags, and finally had lunch! It worked out perfectly - but since we don't have children, we didn't have to add Flounders into the mix.

All of the meals we had in Palo were fabulous, but brunch was definitely my favorite - so much variety, wonderful shrimp and crab (and hummus and cheese and smoked salmon...), a fantastic mushroom pizza, and of course the lovely view of the ocean. We hardly had room for dessert - so Dalibor packed up a fruit pizza for us to take to our room! Be sure to try a Bellini as well - yum!

April

I appreciate finally knowing the answer. I too was first in line for Palo reservations on the Wonder last December. Then, I ran to the spa and was first in line there. It was wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter