Palo/Remy

We haven't done Remy, but we did Palo for dinner.

We enjoyed it, but we wouldn't do it again. We're not "foodies" and for us the meals didn't taste substantially better than those in the main dining rotation. The service was excellent - our server couldn't be faulted. But, our regular servers weren't too bad either.

We also "missed" catching up with our tablemates that evening to discuss what everyone had been up to during the day.

The other issue for us is packing suitable clothing and shoes to meet their dress code as we're generally more shirts, t-shirts and runners types of people.

No personal experience myself, but I can tell you that my wife and I asked the same question to our tablemates on our cruise last week and they both immediately said "no". Then followed with that they were glad to have the experience but would not do it again. They seemed like pretty casual sort of people to me.

That is my thoughts exactly. I'm glad I did it once, wouldn't do it again at that price point. I can eat at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose for less.

If on a short cruise, we try to Palo Brunch. If on a 7 night, we try to Palo Dinner & Brunch.

I've done Remy twice. I would do it again if the CND $ and the $ USD were "on par".

I think you have to be a foodie and really the type of person who enjoys having a 2-3 hours meal.

I think I'm morphing into that sort of person, but my wife is not in any way. Think I could eat there or at Victoria and Alberts solo, or would that just be weird?

I think I'm morphing into that sort of person, but my wife is not in any way. Think I could eat there or at Victoria and Alberts solo, or would that just be weird?

I can't speak for Victoria & Albert as I have never had the chance to eat there, but with Remy, I wouldn't hesitate. The waiters are generally very friendly. But hey, I'm the type of person who feels comfortable having Afternoon Tea by myself so... ;)

I've done Remy twice. I would do it again if the CND $ and the $ USD were "on par".

I think you have to be a foodie and really the type of person who enjoys having a 2-3 hours meal.

This is why I much prefer Remy brunch to the dinner. I’ve done dinner twice, brunch 3 times. The brunch is my favorite of all Disney meals anywhere. It’s a bit more laid back. The food is still crazy amazing. The champagne pairings are fabulous. It’s not as long a time commitment. The dining area is much brighter & happier to me.

This is why I much prefer Remy brunch to the dinner. I’ve done dinner twice, brunch 3 times. The brunch is my favorite of all Disney meals anywhere. It’s a bit more laid back. The food is still crazy amazing. The champagne pairings are fabulous. It’s not as long a time commitment. The dining area is much brighter & happier to me.

I haven't tried it. I should try it next time I cruise on DCL.

I haven't tried it. I should try it next time I cruise on DCL.
I don’t like the length of Remy dinner and how formal it is. Brunch is a scaled-back experience. Definitely more relaxed. I’m not a very dress-up formal person. It’s not who I am. The dress is a little more laid-back (I wore a nice sundress with dressier sandals). I love breakfast/brunch at home. The food is just the right amount. I loooove champagne so the pairings are my jam. I don’t eat seafood so at the start of the meal I let them know that and they modify the seafood courses for me. I don’t miss a thing and have always had an amazing experience. I’m hoping to get a brunch reservation for the hubby & me on our Dream Cruise on the 23rd. We booked only recently so it’s been sold out online. I’ll do what I can to get us a spot. He’s never had it because I typically go when I sail with my friends. I think he’ll enjoy the meal even though he’s not a champagne drinker.

I did a Dream cruise for the first runDisney Castaway Cay Challenge 5K. I had booked my wife for that cruise but she was unable to take the time off, so I ended up traveling solo. She has no interest in doing Remy, but we do Palo every cruise. I took the opportunity to try Remy by myself. It was OK, but I don't think I need to go again.

I've seen singles eating at V&A's so, no, it wouldn't be weird.

I am someplace between being a “foodie” and not. We love sampling at the food and wine festival, but i’m Not big into cooking or knowing how somethinnis made ornplanning meals. And I can be picky.

That said, we did Remy and loved it. We did brunch and dinner actually, both with the pairings. The service and food was simply amazing. So glad we did it once! Would I do it again? Not every cruise, and likely not on a short cruise, but we would go again for sure!

I've seen the brunch mentioned a number of times. How can you tell when they will be available on your cruise? Not until the day you can start booking everything?

I've seen the brunch mentioned a number of times. How can you tell when they will be available on your cruise? Not until the day you can start booking everything?

Basically it is only on sea days. They have been doing it on Nassau Day on 3-night cruises. At least this summer - according to the people on the Double Dip with no sea day itineraries, rather than offering it Nassau Day, they are offering it on the second Castaway Day - which in my opinion is totally defeating the purpose of going on a Double Dip. I'm hoping they get enough complaints they change it for 2019.

Borrowing this thread to ask a Palo Brunch question.

The Apple Cinnamon Waffles... how do the waffles compare to those in Cabanas?
I don't want to order something in Palo that's too similar to what I can get elsewhere on the ship.

Also, last time we were not offered a Chocolate Lava Cake (which I've seen/read about online), which was fine as there was plenty of delicious food to try.
However, I would love to try it this time around. Is the Chocolate Lava Cake something you may ask for, or is it solely up to the server to offer?

Last edited:
Borrowing this thread to ask a Palo Brunch question.

The Apple Cinnamon Waffles... how do the waffles compare to those in Cabanas?
I don't want to order something in Palo that's too similar to what I can get elsewhere on the ship.

Also, last time we were not offered a Chocolate Lava Cake (which I've seen/read about online), which was fine as there was plenty of delicious food to try.
However, I would love to try it this time around. Is the Chocolate Lava Cake something you may ask for, or is it solely up to the server to offer?

I can't answer the waffle question as we always get egg dishes (enough pastries on the buffet) but I think you're referring to the chocolate souffle, which is only offered at dinner. At brunch they just have the desserts on the buffet. At dinner they have chocolate and amaretto souffles plus other menu desserts. The amaretto is my favorite but I had both on my cruise two weeks ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter