Palo's High Tea and Dinner

Toby

Mouseketeer
Would you believe this is my 4th upcoming Disney cruise, and I still can't remember what to do. Can you book Palo's in advance now, or do you book what you'd like when you get on board? And, do you do that even before you get to your cabin?? It's been two years, so please forgive me...Are the chances good that on the 7-day Western, I should be able to get something??

Thanks

You book once onboard. :) High tea goes quickly but you'll have no problem booking dinner. At check-in at the port they'll give you a sheet that tells you when you can go to book Palo (go early) and you'll have your dining rotation imprinted on your Key the World Card, so you don't HAVE to go to your stateroom first if you don't want to.

If at all possible, get there early and try to get high tea...it is the BEST!! And if you do, I highly recommend the cinammon tea. It is delicious, as are the scones.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Concerning Palo's High Tea, if you want it, get there VERY early! We attemted to get reservations but it was booked solid.

We did request to be put on the wait list, and they did call us back, but we had just finished Palo's Champagne brunch an hour earlier!

Guess we have a reason to book another cruise!!!

My one and only Disney cruise was on the Wonder, so all I could book was Palo dinner (did I mention I was first in line for Palo reservations, then ran to the spa and was first in line there? Thank DIS!)
Anyway, if we want to do Palo dinner, Palo High Tea and Palo Champagne Brunch, do we have to get into three line-ups? I know that on the Wonder, you get into the line-up for the day you want. Do you do the same for the 3 "dining options"? If so, how do you do it?

Can you get hot chocolate if you do not drink tea or coffee? If so, is it made with milk or (uggh) water?

thanks for the info

If you are unable to get a high tea reservation - GO ANYWAY! They have a ton of 'no shows.' On our March cruise the tea was booked solid, yet the room was only about 30% filled. Our waiter said that is a frequent occurence, so I would think your chances are very good to get in anyway.

We are on the 7 day western. How many High Teas are there? Are they on both sea days? Would it be best to do a Tea one day and the brunch the other? TIA

When I made Palo reservations on the 2/22 Magic, I was lucky to get there early enough that there wasn't really a "line" yet - we went there directly after boarding around 12:15. There was one table for dinner reservations, and another for the tea and brunch times. The CMs directed me to the dinner table first, and then I wandered over to the other table and made the rest. The Wonder may have separate lines for each night because they only have 3-4 nights. With 7 nights on the Magic, they can't really spare that many CMs, I guess!

I'm assuming that eventually a line formed at each table, so if you have two people to wait in line, things might work out better. Or just get to the port early (I was in line to board by 11:00), and you'll only have to wait in one line - the boarding line! I didn't have to wait in any ressie line once we got on board, and I got every Palo resv. and spa appt. I wanted.

Also, I don't think they fill the room for the high tea - there were only 4 tables at our tea (Monday sea day), but I'm assuming that we were completely booked, as they didn't have additional tables set for tea. It was a lovely afternoon, and the scones were delicious!

I believe the high tea is held on the afternoon of each sea day, so the Western should have two high teas, on Monday and Thursday - but there are three brunches, with one on Sunday as well. I would recommend having the tea and brunch on different days, just because you probably wouldn't have any room left after the fabulous brunch! :p

April

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter