Pam Hupp, serial killer? UPDATE: Charged with Murder

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
UPDATE:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...ate-charged-with-murder.3561418/post-63175358
Unfortunately, I don't have too much time today to provide more information. Busy day/night ahead of me. The reason I'm posting this today though is that Dateline is covering a story about her tonight at 10 PM EST. Thanks to Uncle Remus for letting me know!

Pam Hupp was a key witness in the trial of her friend Betsy Faria's husband Russ after Betsy was found murdered a few years ago. When the murder was first showcased on a crime show, throughout the whole show I'm thinking they can't possibly convict Russ of the murder, but they did. So much about Pam was very very strange, including numerous changes in her story and being the beneficiary of Betsy's life insurance, as of several days before the murder. I think this all happened in 2011 but I'm not sure and can't check on it now. I'm really in a hurry!

I think in 2013 Pam's elderly mother was found dead after apparently "accidentally" falling off a deck in her assisted living facility. There were some wacky things about Pam related to that as well, but like I said it was ruled an accident.

Betsy Faria's daughters tried to get their mother's life insurance proceeds from Pam, but I'm pretty sure they lost the case. You want to see a wacko on the stand, look for Pam Hupp on YouTube.

Again, not sure of exact dates... just this year or possibly last year...Russ Faria got another trial, a bench trial, and he was found not guilty by the judge. IIRC, the judge had a thing or two to say about how the case was handled in the first place, with regard to Pam Hupp.

Which brings us to the story on Dateline tonight. A few months ago Pam Hupp claimed she had shot and killed an intruder. Evidence quickly led to suspicion that Pam Hupp had set the guy up in an effort to frame Russ Faria. I'm pretty sure they are now looking at her possible involvement in Betsy's murder and Pam's mother's death.

The dateline episode is called Stranger Than Fiction for a reason!

Last edited:
I DVR Dateline every week, so I'll be watching this one.

I have to admit to loving true crime stories. I watch the ID channel all the time so I've seen almost all of the old Datelines, 48 Hrs., etc. stuff. I don't care for the dramatic re-enactment shows as much as Dateline and 48 Hrs.

Since I live in St Louis I have really been following the story with her. I work 5 mins. from the senior community her mother was living at and died. To answer your questions, Yes I absolutely think there is something wrong with that lady and she has killed definitely more than once.

I am looking forward to Dateline tonight.

I remember when the latest killing broke, initially everyone on social media was all "way to go, lady!", myself included. Boy, did that ever flip quickly.

Was this on Dateline before? It sounds very familiar.

ETA: Yes it was. I just googled Russ. I remember Dateline did 1-2 episodes and Pam always struck me as odd. I'm glad he was released because I never thought he did it.

Getting a pedicure so I have some time...

There's a FB page called Free Russ Faria, and a while back, the founders (Russ Faria's family members) blew a gasket, and rightly so apparently, because the public expressed that Betsy's daughters (who are not Russ's) should have won the case against Pam Hupp and gotten the life unsurance money. But Russ's family claims Betsy's daughters went into the house and stole Russ's property after he was arrested/convicted at the first trial, and I think the life insurance policy had been in Russ's name, not the daughters, before Pam suddenly got Betsy to change it to her (allegedly to make sure it was safely held for Betsy's daughters, which Pam did not do...she spent it on herself). Betsy's family despises Russ, and in the first show I saw about the Betsy murder case, Russ's involvement really was very questionable, despite the conviction, and there was so much to question about Pam, but Betsy's family stated they'd never believe it wasn't Russ who did it.

OK, this is sort of amusing...there's a crime show in TV and the guy doing my pedicure is into it. He keeps stopping to watch. Hey, I'm not in a hurry or anything. :rolleyes: But I get how easy it is to get caught up in a crime show!

Yes I remember Betsy's family and daughters hating Russ and they were very upset when he was found not guilty in the second trial. I didn't get it though. It was all so bizarre to me. This was me watching the Dateline episodes.

Yes, snuz.

Last I heard there's a hearing coming up, or may have happened this month already? I'll post links when I can.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets dragged out with hearings and psychological testing, etc. I also wouldn't be surprised if she pleads guilty for a plea deal, but who knows.

Yes, snuz.

Last I heard there's a hearing coming up, or may have happened this month already? I'll post links when I can.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets dragged out with hearings and psychological testing, etc. I also wouldn't be surprised if she pleads guilty for a plea deal, but who knows.
Okay , ty I am keeping it in the bookmarks. Dopollito trial is starting Dec 1st if anyone is interested. I am so desperate for trials, I am sitting here watching really old movies...

Okay , ty I am keeping it in the bookmarks. Dopollito trial is starting Dec 1st if anyone is interested. I am so desperate for trials, I am sitting here watching really old movies...

Is that trial going to be streamed, usnuz? I might watch that one with you.

I just got home. It started at 9:00 PM. I had said 10:00. I am so sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter