"Pandemic Vacation" Positivity Thread!

WDWOswald

DIS Veteran
I've created this thread for you to share the positive, uplifting, and magical moments you have experienced on Walt Disney World property following its re-opening in July. Have an excellent meal somewhere? Tell us! A great experience on a favorite attraction? We want the details! Did you just sit on a bench and listen to the Epcot future world music loop and get all the feels? Find some sweet merch at World Showcase or Disney Springs? Let's hear! Spread some joy!

DH and I were at Boardwalk for our 30th anniversary in Sept. We had an amazing time! We're headed back in just a few weeks. We know it's busier now than it was then, but that's okay. We will have fun just being there!

We had planned for 3-night Disneyland trip for early September. About a month before we decided to cancel it and realized a 6-night trip to WDW would cost us about the same (had purchased APs for a December trip so $0 ticket cost). We had 3 nights at Kidani and 3 at BLT.

The pandemic did change our plans, for example, due to limited menus, we ate more table service meals, just to expand our choices and we thoroughly enjoyed doing so. We had our best meal of the trip at the Wave, made better with off menu items, Bacon & Eggs and TOTWL Seven Layer Cake. We also returned to our resorts more often than we’d normally would. That allowed us to observe many animal interactions, the best being a little zebra and his/her mom. She was very protective of her baby, by blocking other animals from getting too close.

While wait times did increase over July-August period, we were able to get on almost all the rides we wanted (didn’t think 45+ minute wait was worth it for Navi and Jungle Cruise). We did get a BG and waited 60 minutes (posted 90), for MMRR on our HS day. Overall, we were successful in going on every attraction we wanted, several as walk-ons.

We went last week and I was prepared to not experience alot of Hollywood studios due to crowds. My husband had never been to see Star Wars Land and we were able to walk on to Smugglers and get on Rise of the Resistance at the end of the day. We even made it onto Railroad. Husband and son happy.

Was shopping at World of Disney, chatting with the CM at check out about buying so many presents for people. I commented that with so much going on in the world, it felt good to be able to do something nice for other people. The CM smiled, said she felt the same way, and proceeded to give me some sort of discount. it was so sweet of her, and saved me about $50.

Had an AMAZING meal at Jaleo. Their Magical Dining deal is an incredible value right now (5 courses for $35) and the food was great. My waiter was warm and friendly and made good suggestions. The spinach ala Catalana - I simply couldn't stop eating it, and I'm not usually a big spinach fan. Sat on their patio watching the sunset with a glass of wine and great food made for a lovely evening.

30% off merchandise for AP again this month!! Much appreciated!

Pumpkin milkshake at Auntie Gravities, so yum!!

I really like not filling in all space. I’m short and at most people’s pit level, lol. So much more pleasant to be spaced apart!!

I really love the cavalcades! The characters are doing a great job!

Walking into MK on our last park day and catching the Princess cavalcade! We were right by the train station at the front of the park and since we got to the park much later (I think it was around 11:30 or so) there weren't many people around us. My 6 yr old daughter was wearing her Belle dress since we had a BOG lunch reservation and got some special attention from some of the princesses, including Belle. It just *made* our last day in the parks.

My 6 year old was finally 44 in this time, so he got to ride Everest for the first time. Loved It! So We got to ride it 6 times on times on this trip!! How amazing is that :)
That's awesome! We rode twice - this trip was *my* 6 yr olds first experience with rides in general, and I've spent the last year or more really building her up to manage rollercoasters. She said Everest was "scary cool fun" and it was HER idea to ride it the second time.

We went in late July/early August. The unexpected character experiences were magical. We loved seeing the cavalcades. Our favorite moment was when we saw Jack Sparrow out on his old tutorial stage. We went over to get a pic with him in the background and he started chatting with DD20. DD20 has dyed her hair blue, and was wearing blue Minnie ears. Jack Sparrow was curious about it, thought she had some kind of disease turning her all blue, starting with her "ears" he went on to say that her hands would be next, lol.

Only been back once. But got completely soaked at HS due to a Florida downpour. Freezing ride home home because we were so wet, but needed the AC. Good times :)

I think someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, but waiting in the extended queues stretched out through the lands really gave us time to appreciate the lands and the detailing of them, instead of rushing by to get into the attraction.

After doing all the rides at HS, relaxation time with wife at Baseline Tap House for a beer and pretzel... couple shared their long table with us (almost 6 ft apart)... and sunrise at wilderness lodge after a workout in the AM

Attachments

• 40E581B8-3279-4BBB-8143-5D212527E357.jpeg
    40E581B8-3279-4BBB-8143-5D212527E357.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!