Pandora at night question

IACATS

Earning My Ears
I have heard that seeing Pandora at night is amazing - with two young kids I am curious as to when the lighting effects start to show. We are there the end of June and sunset is listed at 8:22. Can you see the light up effects earlier or do they bot really show to it is completely dark?

TIA

I can't remember what time it was when we were there, but I believe we left the park right around sunset. The lights and 'bioluminescence' will start to fade into view as it gets darker, probably 15ish minutes before actual sunset? We were able to see the lights and it was gorgeous, but you'd obviously get the best view when it's completely dark, so well after sunset.

It needs to be after dusk. When its still partially light, the effects are there, but don't show as well.

What time does the park close in September? Really want to see Pandora in the evening. Ill adjust our park time for sure.

I'm going to add and aside--I am only 5' tall and Pandora has been SO crowded each time I've been there at night (non peak season) that I could hardly see a darn thing and when I could it was little glimpses, not segments as a whole. What I CAN see is very impressive! Just wanted to add this because your kids may or may not get a lot out of it.

We were in the standby line as the sun was setting. it was really cool to watch the transition from day to night as some of the effects came on at different times, or you would notice something starting to glow in the shade of another plant, and then when we came out it was totally dark and it was all lit in its glory.

If you get off the main paths there are some ares where you can see really cool effects, that aren't part of an attraction and don't get tons of foot traffic.

OP - I’ll give an unpopular opinion and say that the nightime lighting is neat/cool, but I’m not so sure it’s a “must do” if you aren’t otherwise planning to be in the park when it’s dark. Not sure how young your kids are, but if you’re asking because you’re concerned about keeping them up late, I might be inclined to skip Pandora at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!