Pandora

I had heard rumors is why I asked. It would certainly help if they had thought to add one.
Yes, it is true that there is no "official SRL" and everyone goes through the main queue but once you get to the area where they ask how many are in your party etc. they will ask for single riders at that point and you will skip the rest of the line which will save you probably 20 mins. I had this happen to me on multiple occasions last month.

Yes, it is true that there is no "official SRL" and everyone goes through the main queue but once you get to the area where they ask how many are in your party etc. they will ask for single riders at that point and you will skip the rest of the line which will save you probably 20 mins. I had this happen to me on multiple occasions last month.

I had seen photos where it looked like they had/have one planned, so I asked about that. Still, that being said, if they do still have plans to open one up, then it would be next month at the earliest, once crowds are more manageable, but I can also see them never opening it up either. Honestly, if they open one up, people in the long line will complain, but the fact is solo riders always either move through faster or have to wait, and a line that is a last resort to find people to fill spaces, to me, helps balance things out for those of us who usually have to travel on our own. Just my thoughts, but it is all speculation until we see what Disney decides to do.

I posted in another topic but I will be at Disney this coming weekend for the labor day Holiday (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). I got my park tickets late so I couldn't get a fast pass for any of the Pandora rides. But some folks here told me that the lines have been shorter at night near park closing time. So I am either going to go really early or later in the evening at like 8pm.

I posted in another topic but I will be at Disney this coming weekend for the labor day Holiday (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). I got my park tickets late so I couldn't get a fast pass for any of the Pandora rides. But some folks here told me that the lines have been shorter at night near park closing time. So I am either going to go really early or later in the evening at like 8pm.

My Na'vi River Journey Fastpass is for the late afternoon, but I also will have a ROL voucher. That said, I am going on a slow day over all, at the end of September, so that may help.

Does this mean you miss some of the interesting queue line? I'm hoping to experince the full queue and the fastpass version.

I think I am going to go in the evening Friday around 8 or 9pm. I figure with Epcot's food and wine festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party both going on as well as AK nearing closing time will thin out the crowd a little bit. I also want to get the full queue experience because I want to take some pictures (mainly a pic of the Avatar in the tank).

I could not for the life of me get a FP for FOP and I checked right when my FP were available (60 days in advance). How does anyone get a FP?

I could not get an FP for FOP on my app ever. Is it possible to get the FP when I use the kios in the park? Or they are the same system?

I could not for the life of me get a FP for FOP and I checked right when my FP were available (60 days in advance). How does anyone get a FP?

Luck mainly.

I could not get an FP for FOP on my app ever. Is it possible to get the FP when I use the kios in the park? Or they are the same system?

Same system, but you may have luck at the last minute.

Alright I just got back from my labor day weekend trip to Orlando. If you are going to Disney this month, and into the fall/ winter you should be okay trying to ride the Pandora rides even if you don't have a fast pass. I went to Animal Kingdom last Friday night around 6pm and Flight of Passage had a 90 min wait time. The line was constantly moving and like many have said there is a lot to look at in the queue so the time kinda went by fast. Once you get to the area with the Avatar in the tank you are in the homestretch. Also there is sorta of a single riders line at Flight of Passage now but you still have to go through the regular queue. Right before you get to the chambers a cast member will ask how many is in your party and the if you are a single rider the middle lane will be for you. When I got off the ride the wait time had bumped up to 105 mins which still isn't that bad.

I did FOP twice with FP and this is one of those rides I would have actually wanted to wait in line a bit for because it looks like you get amazing views of Pandora that you wouldn't otherwise.

However, anytime we saw the line it was at least 90 minutes and in one case as far back as Africa so we never waited in the standby line.

My DD did FoP at park closing - I timed for them to get into line at 9:26pm right before park close at 9:30pm. I didn't want them to get in line too early. It should have been just a 30 min wait but tech difficulties slowed things down so it ended up being a 45 min wait. Posted wait time was 90 mins.

If you want to go earlier in the evening, I would suggest go right about when RoL starts as that does suck a lot of people away or right at closing. Warning though: We also did one ride using FP right before RoL started and tech difficulties meant that even with FP, it was about a 30 min wait. So I have no idea if that timing strategy works.

The ride is worth it. Don't leave Disney without riding it.

Although I have yet another caveat - my DH isn't a big fan and really couldn't care less. He happily sat out as the rest of our group rode it again and again throughout our vacation. Not sure what is wrong with him (LOL!) as normally he loves these kinds of rides.

I did FOP twice with FP and this is one of those rides I would have actually wanted to wait in line a bit for because it looks like you get amazing views of Pandora that you wouldn't otherwise.

However, anytime we saw the line it was at least 90 minutes and in one case as far back as Africa so we never waited in the standby line.

FOP queue is something you want to experience and is worth standing in line for 90 mins or less to see. Anything over 90 mins is a maybe ha.

My DD did FoP at park closing - I timed for them to get into line at 9:26pm right before park close at 9:30pm. I didn't want them to get in line too early. It should have been just a 30 min wait but tech difficulties slowed things down so it ended up being a 45 min wait. Posted wait time was 90 mins.

If you want to go earlier in the evening, I would suggest go right about when RoL starts as that does suck a lot of people away or right at closing. Warning though: We also did one ride using FP right before RoL started and tech difficulties meant that even with FP, it was about a 30 min wait. So I have no idea if that timing strategy works.

The ride is worth it. Don't leave Disney without riding it.

Totally agree that you should NOT leave Disney World without riding this ride. Even if you have to wait 120 mins it's still worth it. That ride is amazing and It REALLY has me pumped to see what Disney is going to do with the Star Wars rides like the supposed millennium falcon ride.

Does this mean you miss some of the interesting queue line? I'm hoping to experince the full queue and the fastpass version.
You'll still be able to experience everything. I still had to wait in line like everyone else but the part where they ask how many are in your party is when they shoot you up to the front of the line if you're solo. There's nothing left of the queue line at that point except a very long hallway up to where the castmembers have tablets to check off if they get the full 16-people for each set of bikes or ride vehicles.

kFXSFNH4VXocoOI0RWGumUDHkU862HFUUijAAZVVayRRYim8PPnZ5KbPdtjD1vbbji0fJVpWKrnNNRTxuQgfaobH_uLO2_o6_q6pwcyvQmYAbCaBotn9fldP8Sb7Y1WLIwI3EiuIfw

This is the line leading up to the CM with iPads they are talking about .... We are at the bottom / beginning just for reference.

We were able to score a night FP for our mid August trip. The line was a solid 3 hours. We thought it was the best ride ever so we checked and checked on our last day for a FP and we were able to score a last minute one. So my advice is keep checking!
One thing we noticed were a lot of people leaving the line when we were there.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!