Paper doll swap ~ Interest thread ~ Sign ups open Sat 1/19 at noon (eastern)

I know I'm not swapping..
but I can tell you that Pocahontas was at AK in Conservation Station the last 4 visits...

Merida.. I believe I read somewhere on the boards that she has a Meet and Greet somewhere at MK...

I know last year when we were there, they had an awesome sand sculpture play area at Epcot for Brave... don't know if it is still there or if there were any meet and greets there because TS Debby was raining on our parade when we went to Epcot...

I think Naveen should/could be on the Prince list---from Princess and the Frog?

Tink's Nook:
Tinker bell and Periwinkle are most common.
Also Seen:
Terrence, Vidia, Rosetta, Silvermist, Fawn, Iridessa

Pirate Characters:
Captain Jack Sparrow
Hector Barbossa
Davy Jones
Blackbeard
Angelica
Elizabeth Swan
Generic Boy Pirate
Generic Girl Pirate
Mermaid

I kinda like the idea of Captain Jack, a Bad Guy Pirate like Barbossa since he is in the ride, generic pirates and a mermaid as a group.:)

also not mentioned:
Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drisella (step sisters)
Fozone and Mr. Incredible
Indiana Jones
Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope

I think Naveen should/could be on the Prince list---from Princess and the Frog? Done

Tink's Nook:
Tinker bell and Periwinkle are most common.
Also Seen:
Terrence, Vidia, Rosetta, Silvermist, Fawn, Iridessa
Our idea is for you to choose which fairy you want to make

Pirate Characters:
Captain Jack Sparrow
Hector Barbossa
Davy Jones
Blackbeard
Angelica
Elizabeth Swan
Generic Boy Pirate
Generic Girl Pirate
Mermaid

I kinda like the idea of Captain Jack, a Bad Guy Pirate like Barbossa since he is in the ride, generic pirates and a mermaid as a group.:) done

also not mentioned:
Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drisella (step sisters)these would go in the villains group, but, I'll make a Cinderella group and see if it sticks
Fozone and Mr. Incredible
Indiana Jones
Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellopethese would all fit in the Disney guys/girls groups

As far as the Harry Potter group let's see if there is enough interest before we add it.

I also put Pocahontas back in the princess group and added Naveen and Flynn to the prince group.

I know I'm not swapping..
but I can tell you that Pocahontas was at AK in Conservation Station the last 4 visits...

Merida.. I believe I read somewhere on the boards that she has a Meet and Greet somewhere at MK...

I know last year when we were there, they had an awesome sand sculpture play area at Epcot for Brave... don't know if it is still there or if there were any meet and greets there because TS Debby was raining on our parade when we went to Epcot...

thats why we haven't seen her, haven't been over there since 2005

I don't think Flynn is a regular at the M&G anymore either

no interest in the harry potter groups

Flynn comes out at special times. Like during the Christmas party. We met him, prince charming and prince Phillip with their princesses. :)

Flynn comes out at special times. Like during the Christmas party. We met him, prince charming and prince Phillip with their princesses. :)

My momma and dad saw Flynn in September.
Also, I know I like to put the prince doll with his princess doll, even if we didn't see both of them together.

We've added an Ariel with feet to the first princess group, so it'll be one with fins and one with feet in the same group.

Also, any groups with less than three people signed up will be dropped.

As far as the Harry Potter group let's see if there is enough interest before we add it.

Ok...thank you for considering it.:thumbsup2

I also have a comment/question on the faces of the dolls. Is there a standard requirement for those? I draw my own and use chalks. I do not really care for the stamped faces for myself. (not trying to offend anyone!!) but I would rather draw my own on my dolls--I understand not everyone can do that. When I've swapped dolls in the past on another forum, we left the faces blank or plain and that way everyone could do their own thing when they were returned. I will do whatever the group prefers.

I also have a comment/question on the faces of the dolls. Is there a standard requirement for those? I draw my own and use chalks. I do not really care for the stamped faces for myself. (not trying to offend anyone!!) but I would rather draw my own on my dolls--I understand not everyone can do that. When I've swapped dolls in the past on another forum, we left the faces blank or plain and that way everyone could do their own thing when they were returned. I will do whatever the group prefers.

I actually like this idea. Let me talk with Rachel (MDD) when she gets home from school and we'll post an answer tonight.

I actually like this idea. Let me talk with Rachel (MDD) when she gets home from school and we'll post an answer tonight.

Thank you! I do not mean to be pushy--I mean no offense to anyone here. I appreciate you considering my suggestions.:)

I have swapped a lot on other forums so have a lot of ideas and things we could do here that have worked well for me before.
Most of the other forums are no longer very active-people get burned out and so on. I'm just very enthused over this particular swap!!;)

We will go with plain faces. And no offense taken, Rachel and I used the stamps because we can't draw our faces as beautifully as you can (wish we could) ;) We are also open to any other ideas you might have. I know that I pieced my dolls clothing by cutting several layers after seeing your dolls before the last swap.

I use the PeachyKeen stamps for the faces...not able to draw mine either, okay with them being blank!

I'm fine with the plain faces. I use the PeacyKeen stamps, too. No one would want me drawing faces. My kiddos tell me that I draw really bad stick figures.

I'm not a good face drawer either! Thats why I stamp!! Blank faces are good with me too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter